“Comfortable, clean, adequate”

Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Brookfield
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I traveled here with a group on business. The front staff is extremely friendly and hospitable. I don't travel much on business, but I was surprised that there was no continental breakfast offered (a colleague raved about the for-purchase breakfast buffet, though). And I unknowingly gave up the replenishing of my in-room coffee by agreeing to the go-green program (gives you $ credit toward food or points on your rewards card---I thought it was just to forgo the replenishing of linens and making of the bed). I think it's fair to be provided with more coffee than if I were just staying 1 night. It was nice to have some tea bags in there, too, though. My room was a king-sized bed, which was VERY comfortable. The pillows were down-type, which I always don't care for (they're swanky, but they don't do the job for me). It was nice to have an in-room safe, fridge, and microwave as well. Since I didn't pay for it, I can't tell you about the value.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
SheratonMKE, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us hear at the hotel. I would like you to know that I have passed your feedback along to the entire management team.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had a host of problems when we got into our room - tv didn't work, a phone didn't work, the shower wasn't draining, the door wasn't locking, some of the towels were dirty, there was a space for a fridge but there was no fridge, it just seemed endless. We called down to the front desk that night we checked in, and they said to see the front desk in the morning. No attempt to help us with issues, and no sorry for the inconvenience. The next morning, we gave our laundry list of issues to the front desk. Still, no apologies and no offer to move rooms, etc. They remedied some of the issues part way - door kinda locked, shower kinda drained. Everything else still wasn't working. We tried again the next morning, and at least the tv got fixed. Still, they didn't offer anything in the realm of hospitality - no apologies, no offers for us to move rooms, no offer to discount our stay, not even free coffee or breakfast in the morning.

There are a ton of hotels in this area. Pick one of them. They must be better. Also, this is one of the few hotels WITHOUT a free shuttle to the Brewers game. Go elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CLEtraveller

Good Evening

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield. I apology for the inconvienances you experienced during your stay. Please so know we take your concerns very serious and will address them with the team.

Thank you again for staying with us at the Sheraton.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We just returned to IL from a weekend stay at this Hotel. We traveled with out 2 kids. The reason we picked this hotel was because it was close to the Milwaukee Zoo/downtown Milwaukee AND it has both an outdoor & indoor pool. Boy did we pick right! The hotel was super clean, rooms were very comfy and both pools were super clean and fun for all! We ate at the hotel restaurant/bar that was expensive but the food was good. The service was great. The hotel is located near a ton of restaurants/bars and stores. A hotel location can't get better, so much in the area. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
SheratonMKE, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear J K

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield! We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hope to see you soon!

Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have stayed in this hotel many times, but my latest weeklong visit will be my last.

- The room was outdated and the bathroom never felt fully clean.
- The towels and washcloths were worn and brittle
- They mistakenly signed me up for environmental service which basically means they barely clean your room. When I pointed out the mistake, they still didn't clean that night or make any attempts to move me to a clean room. I asked someone to at least come in and empty the trash which had food from the night before, and no one ever came.
- I checked out a day early and they still charged me for the last night even though I never step foot in the room after it was cleaned that day and the hotel was not at capacity.

I hate this hotel. Only stay there is you don't have any other options.

Room Tip: Avoid the hotel altogether.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
SheratonMKE, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel.

We apologize you felt the room was dated. We finished our multimillion dollar guestroom refresh in February 2014. All rooms have new carpeting, drapes and furniture.

I will be sure to pass along all of your comments to the entire management team. We appreicate your feedback.

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield every week from June 2013 - June 2014, 3 nights a week, on business. The staff is great and friendly. They are always willing to assist in any way possible. For higher statused travelers, the Club Lounge was easily accessible, provided good appetizer food, and was always stocked with water and soft drinks. The restaurant/room service food was very good and contained a varied menu.

The only downfall is the layout of the hotel. As I was always in the club wing, which had the least amount of nearby parking, parking would fill up very quickly. I often had to park closer to other parts of the hotel and walk, which is fine when it's nice out, but when its -45 degrees in the middle of the Wisconsin winter, I would have preferred to not walk as far.

Definitely would (and have) recommend this Sheraton to friends/coworkers in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
SheratonMKE, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Good Afternoon Jboran

Thank your for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield. It is great to hear that you enjoy coming to our property and all the staff are friendly. I have passed this along to the team!!

Hope to see you again soon!

Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Management

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My family booked our Family Reunion July 10-13 2014 at this hotel.... I only gave the hotel an average rating because the hotel is not a good place for the Elderly or those with Physical disabilities...We had access to the Moorland Banquet room for our entire stay, but there is not an elevator available, well only if you walk through the kitchen and have a staff member escort you...There are plenty steps and hallways to reach that banquet room... The actual sleeping rooms are not convenient for those who can't walk either... The staff is very accommodating and the hotel is easy to access for i-94. Restaurants and shopping are close by... Wi-Fi was free..overall my stay was good, except for the things I posted....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Booked a reward night from points/miles on our credit card at this hotel. Had a king with sleeper sofa room, worked well for us and our kids (both under 10). Room had micro, fridge, coffee maker and flat screen tv (no hd channels tho?). Bathroom however, needs some attention. Paint chipping, falling off of ceiling. Wallpaper curling at edges. Light fixture rusted. Toilet takes 20+ seconds to flush. No exhaust fan. For a "free" reward room, it was ok, not great. Both pools were heated and kept very warm. Staff was nice, and very accommodating.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family