“Tenille - Thank You!”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Brookfield
Forestville, Maryland, USA
“Tenille - Thank You!”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I don't normally stay at Courtyards - it's a points thing.
But I was pleasantly surprised with this one.
Here's why:

Tenille (Yes, named after the duo from the 70's), was one of the best, most professional front desk agents I have ever met. She took care of everything that I requested even the things that I didn't ie: taking a box to a meeting room.

Breakfast - was included in my rate. I was greatly impressed with the HEALTHY choices that they had.

Restaurant - I really wish I paid more attention to the menu choices for lunch/dinner. Tenille, did mention it when I checked in but I normally don't eat at hotels because they are usually outside of my budget. Didn't realize that the prices were fantastically low for a Marriott property. The choices appeared vast and delicious. Great value.

The room - it felt soooooo good to walk into a WARM room. The last time I stayed in Brookfield at another property the heat was never felt until a full 28 hours after I checked in.

The GYM- everything was modern and in working condition. Bring your headphones.

The only reason why it did not get full 5's is because the meeting room internet was not strong enough for a seminar I was conducting. So one of the participants could not participate in the session.

Otherwise, a great experience. Thanks

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank spachick
Shawn J, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Spachick-
Thank you for hosting your seminar with us, Tenille is a great addition to our team, I will also check our WIFI strength in our meeting rooms, if your having another seminar in the future we would love to host you again.
Shawn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Burke, Virginia
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed for 2 nights over the weekend and the first day was fine. The room was a great size, and was comfortable. A king bed with a pull out sofa even though I was by myself. The pillows were comfy and the tub was fine.

However - I had problems with the keys to my room. The first day it was fine - the keys worked everytime. The 2nd day I went out and about, came back about 7 and couldn't get in my room. I should have figured something was up because there was a bag by the door with 2 towels and toiletries from housekeeping. Went to the main deck and went through 4 more sets of keys and NONE worked. They got someone else and their master key didn't work. After about 2 hours of back and forth to the main desk they got the door unlocked - they told me they had to call a maintenance person at home and have them walk through how to reset a lock. As suspected housekeeping never came in that day. I got offered a free soda for my troubles. When I asked to be moved to a new room they didn't saying hotel was full (this was a Sunday night). I was assured they fixed the problem and no more issues with the lock.

The next morning I went to checkout and as I got to the elevator realized I forgot my phone charger. Went back to the room and the same issue with the keys. When the problems first started arising the staff should have put me in a different room when I asked but they didn't. I said something when I checked out and I was told oh the problems with the locks is common and happens quite a bit. Also, the t.v. didn't work in room. This wasn't a big deal for me since I was barely in the room but it would have been nice to have that on to relax too before falling asleep

The rates were decent but I could have stayed 1/2 mile away at a competitor hotel for $10 more. Next time I'll probably stay elsewhere all because of the issues with the locks.

I couldn't quite give the hotel a poor rating since the rooms were clean but I don't give it an average either because of the issues I had with the keys/lock.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Megstoo-
Thank you for staying with us, I apologize for our service failure with your keys and housekeeping, I'm glad you found the room comfy. Thank you again for your business.

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with group rate block of rooms. My room was in order but a few of the girls got their reservation bumped and when they checked in hotel was full. My room was clean and comfortable. We stayed a weekend where there were all kinds of soccer kids running around in the halls until all hours of the night. Not the hotels fault. My only issue was there was no free breakfast.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Shawn J, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Amanda-
Thank you and your group for staying with us, although we don't offer a 'free breakfast' we have many options through our 'bistro', from a fruit cup to french toast. Thank you again for your business, we hope to host you and your group again in the future.

w.h. California
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This hotel was in an excellent location. Very close to shopping, restaurants, zoo and hospital. The staff was friendly and the rooms were very clean. The gym could be larger and could use an upgrade. The pool area was very nice and well kept.

• Stayed December 2013
Shawn J, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dani-
Thank you for your feedback, I'm glad you had a great stay.......We look forward to seeing you in the future......Continued Success, Shawn
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This is an average Courtyard for the amount of money they charge. Their elevators are too far away. If you have a heavy bag be prepared to walk. The breakfast guy in the morning was super polite and funny. He makes a really good oatmeal. He tends to recognize you from day to day and will ask "Usual". Nice personal touch.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back side of the property, the front tend to be too noisy
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Shawn J, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Ankuremail-
Thank for the your review and business. I'm glad Ken, made you feel welcomed in the morning. Hope to see you again in the near future. Sincerely, Shawn
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I can't say enough about the check in I received. I waited too long to write this review so I cannot recall the young mans name, but he was there with everything I needed that night and throughout my stay. The room was clean and well kept. My opinion is the décor was dated and it is time for an update. The facility is located on a main road with a peculiar way to enter so watch for the turn. Overall my stay was quiet with no door slamming, hall noise or disturbances of any time. Slept well and the staff serviced the room as you would expect every day. I would stay here again if I had business in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Shawn J, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Thank you for your recent stay and feedback, we hope to see you again in the near future.
Continued Success,
Marinette
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Spent two nights at the Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable. Love the bathroom area with sink outside the shower/toilet area, along with a separate counter area for the coffee pot. We had a microwave, but no refrigerator, but our friends across the hall had the refrigerator but no microwave so it was all good. There was a wonderful little restaurant a short distance up the road for breakfast, great shopping within walking distance and Hooters right next door. Lobby area was very comfortable though we didn't spend much time there. Prices in the lobby bar were high, so we didn't indulge. Didn't use pool area but it looked very nice. Will definitely stay again in the future. Price was the best part.....

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Shawn J, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
jfk770 -
Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your business and feedback. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Thanks again,