Residence Inn Milwaukee Brookfield
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsgolf coursethe penthouseseparate buildingsfront desklarge roomsofa bedstaff was friendlycondounitscomputersupgradesworkout
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I've had business in this area over the years and always go out of my way to stay here. The quiet locaion and big rooms are tough to beat. The staff also is very friendly. I do agree with some of the previous comments that renovations are in order. The rooms and bathrooms are starting to show their age but it doesn't deter me from staying here. I do wish they would expand the excerise room. It's very small and when three people are in there working out it gets very stuffy.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
RIBROOKFIELD, General Manager at Residence Inn Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

First, welcome back. We love to see repeat guests. Thank you for writing the review and you are correct, being located on 13 1/2 acres surrounded by a golf course and on the edge of wooded land makes for a very relaxing and quiet property. Having an large room with plenty of room to work, relax and recharge is something that Residence Inn's specialize in. We do have a smaller exercise room, but one that meets the needs of most guests. We do have a relationship with the Wisconsin Athletic Club for discounted rates to use their facilities for those guests who would like a more expanded facility to workout in.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Since we are a family with 4 small children we have stayed at many residence inns accross the country during our travels. We pick Residence Inns for the 2 bedrooms, kitchens, and our kids love to swim. I would say a major plus for us is the consistency with the companys cleanliness and comfort of the rooms, you always know what you are going to get. This property was a bit of a let down in that regard. Our room overall was clean, (however in need of some updating) and comfortable, the kitchen, however was extremely small and our 2 bedroom suite had a desk sized kitchen table with only 2 chairs. We were sitting on the loft stairs and our cooler to eat our dinner. The property itself has a beautiful setting, however it appears as though these units are 20 to 25 years old and in need of a solid renovation. I had no problem overlooking that however since the setting was quiet and our room was overall clean and comfortable. I did feel, however a bit of a let down with regard to the front desk staff. On multiple times I would stop into the lobby area and never was there hot coffee, a staple at all other Residnence Inn properties I have visited. I requested coffee one afternoon, and they said its leftover from breakfast, they would brew some for me, a half hour later there was still none to be had. On our first day of our stay, I asked for a small bottle of dawn dish detergent, again a staple at all previous properties, and was told they usually charge a dollar. That annoyed me. I just had the impression that this place was being run on a shoestring budget. Just not the level of service I expect form this brand of hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mwano

We appreciate the fact that you took the time to write a review. With our guestrooms already 50% larger than the standard hotel room offered at other properties in the area and the only hotel with a full-kitchen, I am sorry to hear you felt the kitchen was small - for most it is an ideal size. In our Penthouse Suites, there is larger table with additional chairs besides the side table offered in the kitchen. We do provide many ammenities to our guest complimentary, unfortunately dish soap is one we offer to long term guests at no charge, but due to the rising costs of goods, one we do charge short term stay guests as we have found at our property the vast majority of short term guests do no use the product.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I am currently staying here, and at breakfast this morning, Jan from the front desk, possibly the manager, sat down at my table. She proceeded to rudely ask me, and I quote " what is your room number". I then told her and she made some excuse about introducing herself, which by the way, she never did. Me and my family were stunned. We took it as she thought that we were not guests at the hotel and we were bums off the street trying to score a free breakfast. As if that were not bad enough, at their small dinner tonight Jan again said, and I quote, " you are here for the 2nd time today?". What is that supposed to mean? AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!! of course, unless you want to be accused of stealing their food. Also, as another reviewer stated, the rooms are in disrepair and do need a lot of attention. So, to sum up... if you like getting accused of stealing, AND you like spending a lot of money for a room in disrepair, then this is the place for you!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Patrick k
RIBROOKFIELD, General Manager at Residence Inn Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

As is typical for hotels, especially extended stay properties, managers do interact with guests during breakfast and/or evening social hours and throughout the day/stay. We are sorry you feel as you do.

We do need to specifically point out during the guest interaction, nothing was mentioned about breakfast or insinuate that the guest was thought not to be a guest or anything of the like.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

The room definitely needed to be updated. Carpet old and dirty, broken tiles in the bathroom, pipe on the toilet rusting and the most uncomfortable couch I have ever sat on. All of this we got for the bargain price of $220 dollars trust me find another place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank osborne1972

We had written a respone earlier to your post, however noticed that it and another had not been posted so are replying again. Our engineering department immediately addressed the information you mentioned in your review once we received it. There is no excuse why is wasn't completed prior and we apologize for that.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We had a long stay here in March and April and overall felt disappointed with the value for money. Our room had a funny odor that came and went, still not sure what it was but we finally bought some candles and scent sticks to try to mask the dankness. The staff in the main building were friendly but the cleaning was rather spotty - we had issues with very wrinkly bedsheets and some (dry) spills on the carpet going completely unnoticed and un-vacuumed. The plumbing is pretty 80s and the external paint is starting to peel in a big way - this place needs some fairly serious refurb investment. All this could be kind of okay if the price was right, but the local market seems to bear higher rates which is a pity. We will go elsewhere for long term accommodation next time.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gelatomania

We had written a respone earlier to your post, however noticed that it and another had not been posted so are replying again. We did notice that your review was completed in July, several months after your stay. Unfortunately due to a very harsh summer (several month drought with city imposed watering ban), a harsh winter and a wet spring we have were backlogged on a couple of projects as well as delays experience in work which was suppose to be completed by third party contractors. We have been working diligently internally and with third party contractors since your stay to remedy this.