“wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Brookfield
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
“wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have never stayed at a nicer hotel then this one so clean and lots of room, the food was excellent hope to go there again . our daughter and grandson came in from Settle wa a great time was had by all

Room Tip: corner suites are larger and sunny
Green Features: excellent very friendly and we were just across from the office and hospitally room breakfast was all anyone could ask for
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RIBROOKFIELD, General Manager at Residence Inn Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Please accept our gratitude for taking time out of your day to write this review. We are very happy that you and your out-of-state family enjoyed our property. We can't wait to see you back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

PROS:
Quiet, convenient location
Great bit suite/rooms
Plenty of outlets
HUGE flatscreen television with good channel selection
Comfy bed
Plenty of hot water
Good water pressure
Lots of natural light/windows
Free breakfast
Small sundry store on site
Plenty of parking
Quiet, secluded location on a golf course (no street noise at all)

CONS
Older style, 'separate building' Residence Inn
You'll have to drive or walk to your building - not so convenient in bad weather
Hard to find (but that makes for a very quiet location, so it's a "PRO" too)
Dated furnishings
If you stay on an upper floor, you have to drag your bag(s) up a flight of stairs

Aside from the aforementioned cons, I had an extremely pleasant stay and probably one of the best night's sleep I've ever gotten while traveling. I would definitely stay again.

I didn't use their wifi, so I can't tell you if it was free or included, sorry!
Breakfast was typical 'free breakfast' fare.

Room Tip: If you don't want to travel far from the main office, ask for a suite in a building close by. Du...
Green Features: Did not notice any environmentally friendly practices, other than asking people to re-use their towels.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RIBROOKFIELD, General Manager at Residence Inn Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
We're glad you had a great stay with us and took the time to tell others about your experience. Being refreshed is extremely important theses days and we are happy to hear you had one of your best nights sleep at our hotel.

I know you didn't have the opportunity to use it, but we do indeed offered complimentary internet access to all guests.

Again, it was a pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to your next visit!
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

I've stayed in the Residence Inn for 50+ days. I initially wrote a better review, but I've noticed the service declining and felt it significant enough to rewrite my review.

The hotel itself is in a great setting. It's surrounded by a public golf course, which gives it a very quiet setting. It's a bit difficult to find at night if you've never been there before.

The buildings are dated. The staff do their best to maintain the buildings. Everything works, Railings are painted. Sidewalks are shoveled during the snow. That all said, it's an aging facility. The rooms do get drafty, the beds a bed worn, and the rooms outdated.

The more recent item I noticed was the degradation in service. I've consistently been a Marriott gold or platinum member, and yet the staff made no differentiation with me during check-in. I even asked for a 1:00 PM checkout one day (status should allow for 3:00) and they suggested I'd need to pay a 1/2 day rate. I don't know if it's training or just this specific hotel, but I expect better treatment for their status members.

There are other hotels in this area that are much better for the same rate as this.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms on the back side of the buildings. They look out to the golf course and are quiete...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Midwest_Rob
RIBROOKFIELD, General Manager at Residence Inn Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for staying at our property and being a valued Marriott Rewards member. We do highly value all our guests especially our Marriott Reward Gold and Platinum members. To address our policies regarding late check out requests, our standard check out time is 11:00am and standard check in time is 4:00pm. We do honor as many late check out requests as possible up until 1:00pm, unfortunately when we are in sellout situations like the night of your check out, we also need to accommodate the guaranteed check in time of 4:00pm. Unfortunately with that in mind and the sheer number of late check out requests we received daily from Gold and Platinum members, we would not have enough time to clean a guest room to meet the guaranteed check in time. This is similar at any and all hotels. We try our best to accommdate requests, and do offer up to two hours time at no additional charge - again, based on availability.
Kirkland, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

It was suggested I stay here while in town for a Memorial Service. I was there during the Polar Vortex and it was cold outside, warm inside.

Although I did not have a car, the driveway was kept up for the cars coming in and out.
I had a big refrigerator, stove, and oven for any cooking needs I might have. The lounge area in the suite was dark so I did most of my work in the kitchen area.

The reception/breakfast area was kept well but the choices did not suit my needs-whole grain bread and fruit diversity was missing,

The little interaction with the staff was fine.

The location served those who were driving me around well.

I might stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RIBROOKFIELD, General Manager at Residence Inn Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
As it has been for much of the United States, this winter's extreme weather (especially in Wisconsin) has been challenging. I'm glad, even though you didn't have a vehicle, that our upkeep of the roads and walks was well done - our Engineering Department prides themselves in keeping our property clean and safe. I'm sorry to hear about the breakfast offerings not meeting your needs. Our wide variety in our full, hot breakfast buffet is designed to meet all needs. You mentioned whole grain and fruit options - we will check into this as the only bread option we provide is a healthy whole grain and we offer fresh apples and bananas as well as a rotational fresh cut fruit as daily options. Thank you for staying with us as well as your comments.
Plainfield, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

This is the week where the Polar Freeze came down and temperatures dropped to -50. I'm travelling on business & missing home. I try to stay at Marriott's to build my rewards points, so when I came across this hotel for $100'ish a night, I was happy. Marriott's are usually reliable & so I figured it would work well for the one night stay I had.

When I first saw the sign that said the office was 1/2 mile down a back road, I thought 'what did I get myself into? where is this place?' I pulled up to the office & wondered where the hotel rooms were. ...

The front desk was extremely helpful & nice. She told me about breakfast & a 'social dinner' they were having that night --- brats, burgers, etc. between 5:30 & 7:30 for FREE for any guests. (nice)

Then, I was given my room. I didn't know that these were suites with fireplace, full kitchen, bath, sitting area, kitchen table, etc. It's so nice to be in a place larger than a small hotel room.

In fact, I think i'm going to bring my family here.

Thus far, the whole experience has delighted me... even to the point where I am sitting in the room now placing a review & I almost never write reviews.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor... though there is a set of stairs, you get a nicer view than 'main level...
Green Features: They make it evident that they try to be environmentally conscious.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RIBROOKFIELD, General Manager at Residence Inn Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
We are so happy you found us "nestled" back surrounded by the Brookfield Hills Golf Course and have taken time out of your day to tell others about your experience. Having standard studio guest rooms 50% larger than a typical standard hotel room truly offers the ability to have a spacious area to work, relax and recharge. We look forward to having you back (and the rest of your family).
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed at this residence inn on and off over a year. The surrounding golf courses provide a very nice setting to this hidden gem of a hotel. If you take monday-wed booking you may get very good rates. The breakfast is good, but having a kitchenette and a full sized fridge makes for a quick room breakfast. They would upgrade to a two bed two suite if you ask. The front desk staff is really nice and go out of way to help. Just 25 mins from downtown and near the mall and highway.

Room Tip: They have free wi-fi, you may have to get them to help you get setup
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RIBROOKFIELD, General Manager at Residence Inn Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for comments about our property. We are so grateful to be able to offer such a unique property surrounded by an 18-hole golf course which gives wonderful views all four seasons yet is so convenient for our guests. All the best in this new year!
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

The hotel site is beautiful. The staff is extremely helpful and accommodating. The room was spacious and comfortable. I was there during a "wintery mix" week and had no experience with that, but the staff was quite informative and so all was good. They must have worked all night to ensure that every walkway and the driveways were salted! Great place!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RIBROOKFIELD, General Manager at Residence Inn Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
We appreciate the time you took to write a review about our property. With the snowiest December in a decade, our Engineering Department and private contractors have worked very hard to keep everything safe, clear and clean and we are very much appreciate their dedication as well as your compliments about them. We hope you can stay with us again sometime soon!