“Ehh, only if I travel with family, otherwise somewhere else.”

Residence Inn Milwaukee Brookfield
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Brookfield
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is the only Residence Inn close to the area where I can house my family. It's in a nice area, it's hidden and quite but the property condos can use some work inside and out. Nice staff, but the food is poor. The breakfast and dinner selections are sad and can use some color. It seems that it may be hard for the management to find good employees. I am curious what the employee attrition rate is? It's close to many food choices and if you play golf you can't beat the location. I feel I didn't received quality service for the $199.99 per night cost. Upon checkin, I ask the management several times for a better deal on the room to no avail.

Room Tip: Room 223 was ok
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
RIBROOKFIELD, General Manager at Residence Inn Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

In your review comments you mentioned that, at check-in you asked for better rates several times than the rate you agreed to when booking - this is due to that the rate you paid was the going rate both at the time of your reservation and at time of check-in. We do offer rates such as AAA, but they are based upon availability when making a reservation and do also require ID proof when checking-in.

In regards to your comments about food offerings, I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. We score very high with the vast variety we offer, our hospitality attendants service and food quality. As for our associates, we have a very tenured staff who is complimented regularly for their customer service.

Thank you for mentioning the uniqueness of our property (location, surrounded by a golf course) as well as it's proximity to a great variety of food offerings.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a great value. Tucked in behind an executive par 3 golf course, this hotel is often overlooked by most travelers unless you are in the know. A larger complex than many Residence Inns....with apartment like rooms replete with full size fridge, kitchen including oven and Mikey, these rooms offer great value

Dinners offered Mon thru Thurs....not bad food but much better than traditional hotel freebie food. Tonight hey had both meatless lasagna as well as regular lasagna....salad...and garlic bread.

Nice value.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd floor room if you want the most quiet space. I swear they train elephants in the room...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
RIBROOKFIELD, General Manager at Residence Inn Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at our property in this review. We appreciate all the nice comments and your recommendation.

We hope to see you back with us again!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed a week and a half with wife, son and two dogs. This is the older style Residence Inn with rooms is separate buildings spread out over a large area. The whole hotel is surrounded by golf course, making it very picturesque. Also great for walking the dogs. Parking is very easy. Grass was very long the first week and with wet weather the dogs would come back soaked.
The breakfast and evening socials were good, servers were very nice.
Had a problem with our AC, it was fixed but not really handled the best. Not a huge deal.
What was a problem was the internet. There is complimentary wifi and an option to pay. The complimentary internet was terrible, dropped connections all the time, had to log in over and over. I stay at a lot of Residence Inns and never have I had such bad internet. Oddly, the cable TV was great.
Not the kind of place you can just walk to a lot of restaurants or shopping, but there is plenty a very short drive away.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
RIBROOKFIELD, General Manager at Residence Inn Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

We are glad you had the opportunity to stay with us for an extended stay. We have had our third-party internet company looking into what might have happened with the connection in your guest room - thank you for letting us know. We appreciate the compliment about our cable channel line up - we are proud to offer nearly 80 channels with nearly 75 all in high definition. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have never stayed at a nicer hotel then this one so clean and lots of room, the food was excellent hope to go there again . our daughter and grandson came in from Settle wa a great time was had by all

Room Tip: corner suites are larger and sunny
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
RIBROOKFIELD, General Manager at Residence Inn Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Please accept our gratitude for taking time out of your day to write this review. We are very happy that you and your out-of-state family enjoyed our property. We can't wait to see you back!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

PROS:
Quiet, convenient location
Great bit suite/rooms
Plenty of outlets
HUGE flatscreen television with good channel selection
Comfy bed
Plenty of hot water
Good water pressure
Lots of natural light/windows
Free breakfast
Small sundry store on site
Plenty of parking
Quiet, secluded location on a golf course (no street noise at all)

CONS
Older style, 'separate building' Residence Inn
You'll have to drive or walk to your building - not so convenient in bad weather
Hard to find (but that makes for a very quiet location, so it's a "PRO" too)
Dated furnishings
If you stay on an upper floor, you have to drag your bag(s) up a flight of stairs

Aside from the aforementioned cons, I had an extremely pleasant stay and probably one of the best night's sleep I've ever gotten while traveling. I would definitely stay again.

I didn't use their wifi, so I can't tell you if it was free or included, sorry!
Breakfast was typical 'free breakfast' fare.

Room Tip: If you don't want to travel far from the main office, ask for a suite in a building close by. Du...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
RIBROOKFIELD, General Manager at Residence Inn Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

We're glad you had a great stay with us and took the time to tell others about your experience. Being refreshed is extremely important theses days and we are happy to hear you had one of your best nights sleep at our hotel.

I know you didn't have the opportunity to use it, but we do indeed offered complimentary internet access to all guests.

Again, it was a pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I've stayed in the Residence Inn for 50+ days. I initially wrote a better review, but I've noticed the service declining and felt it significant enough to rewrite my review.

The hotel itself is in a great setting. It's surrounded by a public golf course, which gives it a very quiet setting. It's a bit difficult to find at night if you've never been there before.

The buildings are dated. The staff do their best to maintain the buildings. Everything works, Railings are painted. Sidewalks are shoveled during the snow. That all said, it's an aging facility. The rooms do get drafty, the beds a bed worn, and the rooms outdated.

The more recent item I noticed was the degradation in service. I've consistently been a Marriott gold or platinum member, and yet the staff made no differentiation with me during check-in. I even asked for a 1:00 PM checkout one day (status should allow for 3:00) and they suggested I'd need to pay a 1/2 day rate. I don't know if it's training or just this specific hotel, but I expect better treatment for their status members.

There are other hotels in this area that are much better for the same rate as this.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms on the back side of the buildings. They look out to the golf course and are quiete...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Midwest_Rob
RIBROOKFIELD, General Manager at Residence Inn Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you for staying at our property and being a valued Marriott Rewards member. We do highly value all our guests especially our Marriott Reward Gold and Platinum members. To address our policies regarding late check out requests, our standard check out time is 11:00am and standard check in time is 4:00pm. We do honor as many late check out requests as possible up until 1:00pm, unfortunately when we are in sellout situations like the night of your check out, we also need to accommodate the guaranteed check in time of 4:00pm. Unfortunately with that in mind and the sheer number of late check out requests we received daily from Gold and Platinum members, we would not have enough time to clean a guest room to meet the guaranteed check in time. This is similar at any and all hotels. We try our best to accommdate requests, and do offer up to two hours time at no additional charge - again, based on availability.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

It was suggested I stay here while in town for a Memorial Service. I was there during the Polar Vortex and it was cold outside, warm inside.

Although I did not have a car, the driveway was kept up for the cars coming in and out.
I had a big refrigerator, stove, and oven for any cooking needs I might have. The lounge area in the suite was dark so I did most of my work in the kitchen area.

The reception/breakfast area was kept well but the choices did not suit my needs-whole grain bread and fruit diversity was missing,

The little interaction with the staff was fine.

The location served those who were driving me around well.

I might stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
RIBROOKFIELD, General Manager at Residence Inn Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

As it has been for much of the United States, this winter's extreme weather (especially in Wisconsin) has been challenging. I'm glad, even though you didn't have a vehicle, that our upkeep of the roads and walks was well done - our Engineering Department prides themselves in keeping our property clean and safe. I'm sorry to hear about the breakfast offerings not meeting your needs. Our wide variety in our full, hot breakfast buffet is designed to meet all needs. You mentioned whole grain and fruit options - we will check into this as the only bread option we provide is a healthy whole grain and we offer fresh apples and bananas as well as a rotational fresh cut fruit as daily options. Thank you for staying with us as well as your comments.