“You could get a lot less and also pay a lot more.”

Motel 6 Milwaukee West - Brookfield
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Brookfield
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Good state of repair and paint. Flat screen TV with two HBO channels. Queen size bet with firm mattress and clean bedding. Guests were quiet in neighboring rooms so stay was quiet. Didn't miss or need a hair dryer, microwave and fridge, carpet, and wifi. Competent check in staff. Exceeded expectations for the hotel brand.

• Stayed: March 2012

Reviewed 24 January 2012

I was being super budget-conscious on this trip to Milwaukee and decided to try out a "new & improved" Motel 6. The rooms were better than I remember - nothing particularly good or bad. The check-in desk and hallways were just ok, and the customer service was average at best. If you can't get a good deal on Hotwire elsewhere and are looking only for a marginal place to sleep, this is an acceptable choice. If not, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Tal99
Reviewed 26 December 2011

MOTEL 6, BROOKFIELD, WI 0 STARS!!! That's ZERO
(Blue Mound Road, but keep heading west because Super 8 is just up the street!)

When Tom Bodett says "We'll leave the light on for you"... What he means is "That's all you get!" And a big FYI for those who wish to take advantage of their advertised Wi-fi... it is not free.

The reason that Motel 6 can offer such ridiculously low nightly rates is that they don't spend money on anything... staff included. I, in all my years and travels, have never encountered such rudeness and generally aloof attitudes (at the same time...try that some time). Anthony, who's name I only found out after demanding that he uncover his name tag (which should have been showing in the first place) was incompetent, rude and of a questionable intelligence level. When I requested to speak with the manager, Angie, I was told that she was (conveniently) on a conference call. When I said that I would wait, I was ordered to leave their lobby (once messed with, I don't hesitate to announce my displeasure for all to view and hear). After being told to call Angie later, my wife did so and was told that she was still on a conference call (really?), but would return the call. She never did. When she called later, and asked for Angie, my wife was informed that she was gone for the day (by Anthony who said "well I put the memo in her box..."). What could possibly have pre-empted all of this?

* Upon arrival, the hobbit sized room had an uncarpeted, wood floor. No problem; except that the floor was so filthy that after cleaning it herself with her own cleaning rags--which she left on the room's garbage can--my wife ended up with black, non-reuseable rags (they were white when she began).

*The first morning, the motel room door locking mechanism was "frozen" upon my wife's return from the lobby (which is where you have to walk... out in the elements... to get your 'free cup' of coffee to take back to your room (which, by the time you get there, is cold). The person at the front desk didn't even feign surprise upon receiving the news. She brought a blow torch to 'defrost' the mechanism...to no avail. She then went back to the office and came back with a 'reprogrammer' for the mechanism--to no avail. She then returned with the blow torch (again) and managed to gain entrance to the room. So much for a nice hot shower before leaving for the day.

* Late for her class, because of the inane locking system, and not showered, my wife was livid! Now I'm the one who has to schlepp out to the motel and straighten things out. She refused to stay another night. I spoke with Angie (the same person with whom I had spoken when making the reservations over the phone) before going all the way out there to inform her of our displeasure and that I would be picking up my wife's belongings and transferring her to another hotel. It was late morning and well within the cancellation time lines. They wouldn't let me in the room; I would have to get the ket from my wife; who was in her class. Aside from that there was to be no problem. (Ya, right.)
[Listen, Motel 6; this is Wisconsin and it's only November. January and February are going to make this weather look utterly tempid. Whereas I realize that motels have outdoor entrances, what on earth were you thinking, not coming up with some kind of system to prevent 'frozen lock-outs'...particularly since customers have to haul their freezing butts off to the lobby for that soon to be cold cup of free coffee.]

* No attempt was ever made to compensate us in any way, shape or form. "Ya, sorry..." was their attempt at reconciliation. And, seriously, what would moving to another room really accomplish (other than having to repack and re-unpack). Anthony said free Wi-fi could be offered for the next night (remember, they charge for their advertized Wi-fi); we said that eliminating the extra charge for the microwave and fridge would be better--yes, they charge extra for that (per day)--but Anthony claimed that the charge couldn't be removed. Really Anthony?

* I had to interrupt my day (actually literally trash it) to go pick up the room card from my wife, at her class. I packed and loaded all her belongings into my small car and left the room in nice condition. I called the hotel down the road and filled them in regarding the whole ugly mess and they made special arrangements to allow me to move my wife's things into the room early and leave the key at the lobby desk so she could pick it up after class, and retire to her nice room where she could study, eat and sleep (and have a free breakfast and hot cup of in room coffee in the morning). I then walked into the lobby to formally check out; just to be sure that our credit card would be charged appropriately. Anthony refused to let me formally sign out because my wife had 'signed' for the room upon arrival.

I'd already cancelled and arranged for pick up and sign out over the phone with Angie.
The credit card I used over the phone to make the reservation is in both our names--you know, husband and wife.
I could have just tossed the room key into the express check out window and left, but didn't trust this place to charge us appropriately, so decided to do so in person.
Low and behold, however; Anthony would not allow me to officially sign out of the room! This instigated a less than pleasant discussion during which he repeatedly got my wife's first mane wrong. Fed up, with everything, I corrected him on it; "and by the way, it's Cydney...not Cindy."

His response? "Cydney-Cindy...whatever."

Really Anthony?...... Really?

(I wish that I had researched this place before I made reservations because after talking to living and breathing individuals, this Motel 6 is notorious for rudeness and customer dissatisfaction.)

Room Tip: stay somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank CaseyWrites
Reviewed 30 September 2011

This is Motel 6, not the Ritz. The staff was friendly and the room was as expected. It was clean and comfortable & the price was right. The exterior needs a little sprucing up but I am getting picky. Easy to access the highway & downtown Milwaukee.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Splicebar
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Awful! very small no frill rooms, beds are small and totally not comfortable. The management, well let's say far from friendly or helpful. We would not recommend this for short or lengthy stay at all.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sandy S
Reviewed 29 July 2011

No frills...at all! Rooms are small so if you traveling with kids this isn't your best optioin. If your like me and looking for a place to crash at 11pm after a Brewers game then this is the place for you. Rooms are newly remodeled and beds comfortable. They don't provide things like shampoo or a hair dryer...just the basics like soap so bring what you will need. Paid $36/night plus taxes (about $41 total) so a very good value for a clean room. I'd recommend it for single travelers or couples on a very tight budget not looking for ammenities.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank La-Chica-Negra
Reviewed 10 December 2010

you can check in at any time, meaning you dont have to wait for 4:00 like every other hotel on bluemound rd.
my ONLY complaint is if you get a first floor room, you can hear every step they take in the room above.
OH, and tony (front desk) is a hoot!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple