“Great Experience”

Price range: US$0 - US$25
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We hadn't been to Jake's for many years, but held a family celebration there for 8 on a Saturday evening. Without prompting, we were seated in a cozy dining room which we had completely to ourselves for most of our meal. We ordered the special haystack of thin cut onion rings and calamari for appetizers, which were great. Jake's clearly is a steak place and they do a fine job with their steaks. Everyone who had a steak remarked it was done perfectly. I was oppositional, and had the roast duck which was crisp on the outside yet juicy, but not fatty or greasy inside. One of Jake's more interesting entrees is a trio 3 oz filets, with each done with a different sauce or topping: Oscar style, Blue Cheese and Peppercorn. My wife enjoyed this selection and found it filling enough to require taking one of the filets home. We had a couple of youngsters along with us, and Jake's has a true menu for kids, and not just a "Kiddie" menu with choices like hot dogs or grilled cheese sandwiches. Our junior tablemates each enjoyed small steaks and pomme frites, which they devoured. Our server Rob was on his game and was friendly, efficient, and really was on top of things. One of the best servers we've had in quite a while, Jake's is fortunate to have him working for them. Though Jake's is deservedly a bit upscale in their pricing, this was a really pleasing dining experience for our whole group, which will be remembered for a long time by all who were there.

1  Thank Joe C

Reviewed 3 October 2013

My wife and I dined at Jakes on Saturday the 28th of September for dinner. First the food was excellent and prepared perfect. Secondly, we had a waiter, Ryan, who was very knowledgable about wines for the meal, and made great recommendations for the meal itself. Lastly the attentive service Ryan provided made the evening experience that much more enjoyable. I would say if you are going to Jakes ask for Ryan.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I have traveled to many places and this is one of my favorite restaurants. Great atmosphere, staff, service, bar and fantastic food. I would rather have dinner here than at some of the places downtown.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

After researching Steak House Restaurants in the area we decided on Jakes. What a great choice! The ambiance in the renovated old barn, the wonderful service and one of the best steaks I have ever eaten. Must eat the four cheese Wisconsin Mac and Cheese as a side choice! Make sure you call ahead for a reservation.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

You can't go wrong choosing Jake's, The service is great the the steaks come out perfect.
That's all you need to know about Jake's!

Been to Jake's? Share your experiences!