“Kopps is a classic!”

Dining options: After-hours
Janesville, Wisconsin
“Kopps is a classic!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I grew up going for an ice cream cone after church on Saturday nights at the original Kopps on Lisbon. I then started working there when I was 16 and have been a fan ever since. Kopps is unlike most hamburger shops in that the hamburgers are huge, so are the portions of fries and onion rings, and their custard is to die for. They always offer two special custards in addition to vanilla and chocolate. Their chicken sandwiches are also fabulous for non-beef eating customers.

• Visited September 2013

Brookfield, Wisconsin, United States
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Love, Love, Love Kopp's custard! It's the best frozen treat I've eaten. It's smooth and flavorful. The food is pretty good, but huge servings. I'm always watching for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. My mom says the Mint Chip is the best she's ever had (I've actually gotten her and my sister-in-law each a quart for Christmas.) They'll even ship some for you!

• Visited October 2013
“Excellent”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We visit Wisconsin and are fans of Kopps's and always bring our guests to try out Kopps. The best frozen custard.

Visited September 2013
The Villages, Florida
“Iconic Local Spot”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My son took me here on a recent visit. On a Friday night the place was packed. I was amazed to find a "September Flavor List" identifying the flavors of the day which were BIENENSTICHKUCHEN and TWISTED TURTLE along with the standard vanilla and chocolate. Koops is a custard place and you don't get 20 flavors to choose from, you get 4. The lines move quickly and on this summer day it was a great evening treat even if my "mint chip" wasn't available until the next day. Service was quick, store was clean. There are 3 locations in the area; Brookfield, Greenfield, and Glendale.

• Visited September 2013
Leeds
“Frozen custard wins over yoghourt and icecream”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Pleasantly surprised that this recommended frozen custard parlour was right on the roadside our journey to downtown Milwaukee.
The parlour was clean and tidy and had an extensive selection of products. Service was quick and friendly and on the very hot day we were there it was nice to be able to sit out under the parasols.
Shame we could not find another frozen custard parlour on the rest of our trip - we tried lots of different ice cream and yoghourt options but they were not quite the same.

• Visited August 2013