“Nice accomodations, but disappointed, nonetheless.”

Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Brown Deer
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Overall, this was a good experience. The accomdations were lovely and comfortable. The food was excellent. And, overall the service was good and friendly. Certain areas, however, did have a distinct arome of cigarette smoke, which was incredibly disappointing. I did expect that a hotel of this reputation would have taken steps to ensure that this was not a reality (especially in light of the newer WI law barring smoking from any places of employment).

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 July 2011

Upon arrival, the service at this site was magnificent. We were in town for a family reunion and truly enjoyed our stay due to the happy smiles and customer service. Upon arrival, Julie at the front desk was very appreciative of the business and just went above when it came to our satisfaction. We advised her about the warm cookies the Doubletree has upon arrival; just a casual comment. Well, when we returned from dinner, Julie had warm cookies waiting on us when we returned. What a wonderful gesture! The bar tender that night made very good drinks too!

While the service was impeccable, the rooms were a bit outdated and simpy needs a 'face lift'. The overall decor, lighting and floor plan for the suite didn't meet the expectations perceived. There were a few defects in the shower, dry wall and sliding door.

Hands down, we would return, but probably not order the suite. See Julie upon arrival!

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank dlever
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We held a family wedding in Milwaukee over the fourth of July weekend, and I must say the staff of the Four Points went out of their way to treat us in an outstanding fashion. I would especially single out two people who really stood out. Jonathan at the front desk was incredible. He was calm, cool, and collected and no problem that presented itself was too much for him to handle. I was also impressed that he addressed me by name every time I came to the front desk, and again, he went out of the way to meet and exceed our needs. I also need to talk about Rosie, who handled our shuttle service to and from the wedding. As we were returing to the hotel after the party, Rosie, who was driving the last shuttle, realized that we had mopre people than he could take. He called the hotel and got another shuttle sent, and he even came back again himself. I know that was he as supposed top go home, but even though it was past 11:00 PM, he still was willing to do the extra work to ensure that our party got back, and when we forgt some wedding presents on the bus, he loaded them on a cart, and brought them right to my door. I highly recommedn this hotel if you are having any type of family reunion, wedding or other gathering. They do it right !
Tom Martens

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TomM318
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I Stayed at the Sheraton Four Points for four days on a business trip and agree with many of the other reviews. This is a very good hotel for business trips. The accommodations were as good as or better than I expected. All the facilities you would need are at the hotel, including a restaurant with bar, both indoor and outdoor pools, sauna, a hot tub and an exercise area. All the areas were clean and well kept. A bonus is the short walk to a mall that has a variety of stores. Perfect for someone like me that forgot to bring a bathing suit! One very nice feature was the complementary shuttle service. They have several vans and a quick call arranged my ride to and from Mitchell airport. The staff was very professional and friendly. Tommy, my shuttle driver was the best and typical of all the staff! Great attitude and big smile. We had a great talk on the way to the airport about Summerfest and other local points of interest. I arrived at the airport before I knew it and was on my way.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank BH3045
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Service friendly and professional. Rooms and halls somewhat dated but very clean and nice beds and linens. Spacious pool areas indoor and out door. We had a big group and the buffet breakfast worked out well - restaurant staff really worked hard to get coffee and juice to everybody - breakfast buffet food was tasty and good price considering beverages included too.
HVAC system in the room worked well but loud if you are light sleeper consider ear plugs
hotel should move the out door smoking area away from the front door :)

Room Tip: ask for room on upper floor - its a 6 story hotel
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank jerrytomsolo
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We stayed here to attend a family wedding. The service was great. All the staff was very accomodating with our extended family's special needs. Rosie, stands out in my mind in particular. He was very helpful in taking us to the airport and around town on several ocassions. We did not rent a car, and he was very helpful. Not expecially fancy, but a good exercise and pool area and clean rooms, good beds and a small restaurant with great service too.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Julie60769
Reviewed 8 May 2011

This Four Points is very typical for hotels of the brand, nothing really special about it that comes to mind. Overall a clean and well taken care of establishment, but that's how other Four Points are, too.

Something that positively sets this one apart is the great and helpful staff, perfect service and hospitality.

I did get my room upgraded to a suit for one of the three weeks I stayed there -- I didn't ask for it and they just checked me into a suit. I'm not a gold member or anything. Then today, over a month since I last checked out, I saw a credit of 500 spg points post to my account from this hotel for no reason at all, the description said they were "goodwill points." Thank you.

The hotel has an indoor pool that was empty most of the time I've been there, with maybe one couple or two present in the jacuzzi at most.

If you plan on working late, you will need to find a place to eat outside of the hotel: there is an ok mexican place right next door and an Applebee's and a McDonalds within 2 minute drive. Across the Brown Deer Rd there is an outstanding restaurant, that's billed as a seafood place, but their filet mignon is just fine, too.

Internet and parking are free.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank MrYu
matt_mor25, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2011

Hi,
Thank you for the kind words regarding my staff and the level of service you received from us. We stress to our staff everyday that a hotel is a hotel but it's the people and the service that make the difference. I'm glad to hear you also enjoyed the use of our facilities. Make sure to stop in and see the new renovations. Our bar and restaurant is simply stunning.
All the best to you and we hope to see you again soon.
Matt Morelli

Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront
Radisson Hotel Menomonee Falls
Radisson Hotel Menomonee Falls
#1 of 2 in Menomonee Falls

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore? Share your experiences!