“Wasn't worth the money!”

Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Brown Deer
Flint
“Wasn't worth the money!”
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I stayed at this hotel because it was the only thing available near my sister's house that didn't have a poor rating. I waited until the last minute to make reservations, which I regret, and next time I know better to call ahead. The people at the desk were great and I had no problems with them at all. The room, on the other hand, was NOT what I expected at all. The room was small and the beds were small. There was also NO mini-fridge or microwave, this was what made me mad the most. You can go to almost any other hotel/motel/inn and get the mini-fridge and microwave, I could not believe that they did NOT have one. The shower/tub was also small and the shower head had a leak in it too. And the beds were awful. I did not sleep good at all, the springs were too noisy and everytime I rolled over it was like I could feel the springs in my back. This was a lot of disappointments for paying over $100 a night for a room. The only nice things were the staff and the fact that it was in a good neighborhood, and the pools were nice. The room itself was ridiculous and definitely not worth over $100 a night.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Texas
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Downtown Milwaukee was completely booked, so we ended up about 10 miles north at the Sheraton Brown Deer. This ended up being our good fortune, as the staff and hotel were absolutely great. Every employee, including the shuttle driver from the airport, could not have been more polite or accommodating. The hotel has been recently remodeled, so no disappointments here. The location is a few blocks off the interstate; the environment fairly secluded and very quiet.

Room Tip: Our room had two double beds, so you might ask for a queens or king
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank jeberg1
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Overall, this was a good experience. The accomdations were lovely and comfortable. The food was excellent. And, overall the service was good and friendly. Certain areas, however, did have a distinct arome of cigarette smoke, which was incredibly disappointing. I did expect that a hotel of this reputation would have taken steps to ensure that this was not a reality (especially in light of the newer WI law barring smoking from any places of employment).

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Upon arrival, the service at this site was magnificent. We were in town for a family reunion and truly enjoyed our stay due to the happy smiles and customer service. Upon arrival, Julie at the front desk was very appreciative of the business and just went above when it came to our satisfaction. We advised her about the warm cookies the Doubletree has upon arrival; just a casual comment. Well, when we returned from dinner, Julie had warm cookies waiting on us when we returned. What a wonderful gesture! The bar tender that night made very good drinks too!

While the service was impeccable, the rooms were a bit outdated and simpy needs a 'face lift'. The overall decor, lighting and floor plan for the suite didn't meet the expectations perceived. There were a few defects in the shower, dry wall and sliding door.

Hands down, we would return, but probably not order the suite. See Julie upon arrival!

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dlever
Bolingbrook, Illinois
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We held a family wedding in Milwaukee over the fourth of July weekend, and I must say the staff of the Four Points went out of their way to treat us in an outstanding fashion. I would especially single out two people who really stood out. Jonathan at the front desk was incredible. He was calm, cool, and collected and no problem that presented itself was too much for him to handle. I was also impressed that he addressed me by name every time I came to the front desk, and again, he went out of the way to meet and exceed our needs. I also need to talk about Rosie, who handled our shuttle service to and from the wedding. As we were returing to the hotel after the party, Rosie, who was driving the last shuttle, realized that we had mopre people than he could take. He called the hotel and got another shuttle sent, and he even came back again himself. I know that was he as supposed top go home, but even though it was past 11:00 PM, he still was willing to do the extra work to ensure that our party got back, and when we forgt some wedding presents on the bus, he loaded them on a cart, and brought them right to my door. I highly recommedn this hotel if you are having any type of family reunion, wedding or other gathering. They do it right !
Tom Martens

1 Thank TomM318
Goffstown, New Hampshire
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I Stayed at the Sheraton Four Points for four days on a business trip and agree with many of the other reviews. This is a very good hotel for business trips. The accommodations were as good as or better than I expected. All the facilities you would need are at the hotel, including a restaurant with bar, both indoor and outdoor pools, sauna, a hot tub and an exercise area. All the areas were clean and well kept. A bonus is the short walk to a mall that has a variety of stores. Perfect for someone like me that forgot to bring a bathing suit! One very nice feature was the complementary shuttle service. They have several vans and a quick call arranged my ride to and from Mitchell airport. The staff was very professional and friendly. Tommy, my shuttle driver was the best and typical of all the staff! Great attitude and big smile. We had a great talk on the way to the airport about Summerfest and other local points of interest. I arrived at the airport before I knew it and was on my way.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank BH3045
West suburbs Illinois
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Service friendly and professional. Rooms and halls somewhat dated but very clean and nice beds and linens. Spacious pool areas indoor and out door. We had a big group and the buffet breakfast worked out well - restaurant staff really worked hard to get coffee and juice to everybody - breakfast buffet food was tasty and good price considering beverages included too.
HVAC system in the room worked well but loud if you are light sleeper consider ear plugs
hotel should move the out door smoking area away from the front door :)

Room Tip: ask for room on upper floor - its a 6 story hotel
2 Thank jerrytomsolo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brown Deer
Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer
Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee N. Brown Deer/Mequon
Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area
Candlewood Suites Milwaukee North Brown Deer/Mequon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Milwaukee Bayshore Area
Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore? Share your experiences!