“Way too perfume-y”

Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Brown Deer
Reviewed 11 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in December. If we could have gotten past the extreme amount of perfumed products used in the room we may have enjoyed our stay. As it was, EVERYTHING was covered in some sort of fragrance. All the cleaning products were full of perfume, the sheets, bedding, towels were all washed in perfumed detergent, the chairs and couch were sprayed with some "freshener" and I'd be willing to bet they use some sort of "air freshener" spray all over. It was overwhelming and made us sick. We were on the ground floor, so couldn't even open a window to get some fresh air in the room. Why do hoteliers think that more chemicals make a place better? I don't understand. I do not consider a room full of perfume to be "clean."

Room Tip: You might be able to open a window on an upper floor.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4ptsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

Dear Amy W,

I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay. We pride ourself on how we take care of our guests and especially how we take care of our guests who have had issues that made their stay less than acceptable. Most chemicals that are used in rooms are brand standard or recommended, we constantly are ranked at the top of the brand in room cleanliness, which we work hard at considering our rooms are over ten years old. We will be beginning a major room renovation with in the next month and a half and I would welcome you back at that time to visit our hotel again and to give us an opportunity to change your perception of our property. Keep in mind, that we do have hypo-allerginic room available upon request as well. I myself am very sensitive to smells and often request those room types when traveling. Please reach out to the hotel and ask for myself before your next visit.

Reviewed 26 December 2011

Thank God for Deongelo Edwards! He truly made our event on December 16, 2011 a success. He was a real pleasure to deal with and paid attention to every detail to ensure we were pleased with all aspects. Any venue who can land talent of his caliber should be extremely grateful. It is amazing how one person's leadership can leave a lasting impression to off set any other challenges that may be encountered in other areas. He showed tremendous initiative and went beyond his scope of work for us. We thank him and his team for making this a truly remarkable and memorable event for our friends and family. Brandon Guyton 2011

Mr. Guyton,

I agree that we are very lucky to have Mr. Edwards. He will tell you that his only job is to take care of the guests in anyway possible. With his mentality and professionalims, that is why we are the premiere Banquet Facility in Milwaukee's North Shore. We share all of our Trip Advisor comments with our team at daily stand-ups and it is great to share such positive reviews.

Reviewed 20 December 2011

After searching many venues in Milwaulkee to hold my Mom's 80th birthday party in September 2011, and doing this remotely from DC, I discovered the Four Points Sheraton in Brown Deer Milwaukee. From the first call to the hotel, the staff was very accomodating and answered every question I had. And the pricing for the party was more than reasonable. On on the day of the event, which was very stressful, the staff did everything they could to ease my anxiety and make this a truly memorable event fro my Mom and her friends and family. Special thanks goes to Deongelo Edwards, the Banquet Manager, for meeting every need I had, for coordinating my video presentation, to making sure the food was on time and hot, to helping me sit up the tables, making sure my flowers were fresh and set up on the tables, and several other little items that just eased my apprehensions for making this a successful party. I would wholeheartedly recommend this venue for any special event in the Milwaukee area. Thanks again Four Points!!!! L. Flowers

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Dear flobow368,

We are glad that you choose us for your event and that we were able to go above and beyond to make it a memorable time. We have a great Banquet Manager and Team that pride themselves on anticipating our guests needs. We appreciate the kind words and hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 17 December 2011

We had reserved one of the banquet rooms, which was decorated beautifully. Food was great, and Mr. Deongelo Edwards was very professional and accommodating. Thanks for a memorable evening for our Grandmother's 85th birthday celebration. Nathan Cantrell, December 2011

1  Thank nathan c

Dear Mr. Cantrell,

We are glad that we met and exceeded all of your expectations for your Grandmother's 85th B-Day celebration. We are very lucky to Mr. Edwards and what he brings to our team in regards to service and professionalism. We are glad to have had the opportunity to spend such a special occassion with you and your friends and family.

Reviewed 9 December 2011

When we arrived the banquet room was so beautiful, and the Banquet Manager Deongelo Edwards was so attentive to our every need. The food was to die for, and the staff was so friendly. It was a night to remember, one that I will never forget with friends and family. The night couldn't have been more prefect.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4ptsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2011

Dear Tiwana C,

Thank you for taking time to write us a wonderful review. We were very excited for you to not only choose our hotel for your Grandmother's 85th Birthday Party, but to have had the opportunity to be a part of it as well. We pride ourselves on our service, and Deongelo and his team as well as our Executive Chef and his team are great examples of just that!!! Help making everlasting guest experiences is what are goal is each and every event and visit.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

In our room, there was an announcement of the new renovations of the lobby, stating that the hotel rooms would be renovated next. That would be welcome. This hotel is in a good location, and the rates are reasonable. But our room was a disappointment. We booked a suite to have the separate living room with sofa bed, to accomdate a child traveling with us. But the design was really odd - all of the doorways between the living room and bedroom stopped several feet short of the ceiling, so there were no actual walls separating the two sleeping areas, thus the privacy aspects were quite compromised. Also, both rooms open onto the bathroom area, but there is no door at all between the bedroom and bathroom - so not really a suite as we define it. The fixtures were the old style glaring fluorescent lights that buzz and pop when you turn them on, and the toilet flush was loud enough to be heard down the hall. Needs updating! We also found trash left by the prior occupant, on the TV stand. For breakfast, skip the tired and overpriced buffet - the individual choices were fresh and tasty, and a much better value.

Room Tip: The current design of the 'suites' doesn't provide any real privacy.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4ptsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Dear Fuzby,

Thank you for your feedback. We will begin a full rooms renovation within the next month and a half, which we will be addressing all of the issues you mentioned in your review. We are consistantly ranked in the top 5 in Cleanliness of Guest Room & Bath in the Four Points Brand. I will review proper procedures with Housekeeping to make sure that we continue our history of delivering Clean Guest Rooms & Baths. We have also just recently brought on a new Executive Chef and just revamped our menus. This is all part of taking the property to the next level. We look forward to your return and please contact me personally when making your next reservation.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

All the staff I encountered- reception, restaurant (evening and morning meals), and housekeeping were very friendly and pleasant. (You have to love travelling in the midwest!)

We were able to get rooms at a GREAT price via the Four Points web site (non-refundable option- if you don’t show, you’re still charged.) Only downside is that these rooms don’t have all the amenities (like a fridge & microwave), but when you can save $20 a room, it's worth it!

They’re aren’t a whole lot of dining choices in the immediate area (unless you like Mexican, which my co-worker didn’t), but within a 15-minute drive you have good options. We ate one night at the hotel restaurant- the cheese soup was pretty delicious, but the bowl could have been bigger, and don’t bother getting the pretzel (wanted to make that my meal, but I was a little hungry afterwards). There’s a breakfast buffet and you can also do a la carte…the size of my oatmeal almost made up for the size of my cheese soup. Nice bar area with a good beer selection.

A number of the business travelers were repeat visitors- I stayed two nights for a work trip, and would definitely stay here again when I'm back in the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
4ptsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

Dear Redwhine21224,

Thank you for your review, it is great to hear such positive comments on our team and our Food & Beverage operation. We do have a new lunch and dinner menu that we just started on Monday, November 21st and a Pretzel the size of a Pizza which is a Specialty item you may want to try your next visit. We also will be beginning a complete room renovation which will add a refrigerator and microwave, currently all you have to do is contact the front desk for those amenities. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brown Deer
Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer
Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee N. Brown Deer/Mequon
Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area
Candlewood Suites Milwaukee North Brown Deer/Mequon
Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront
Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore? Share your experiences!