“Exactly as you'd expect, good value and service”

Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee N. Brown Deer/Mequon
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Brown Deer
White Plains, New York
“Exactly as you'd expect, good value and service”
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Pros: clean and quiet room, excellent price, friendly service. Served its purpose on a quick business trip.

Cons: Pillows and towels probably need to be replaced. Breakfast was just "ok" but what you'd expect for a free meal at a budget hotel.

Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I visit the area frequently to see my parents and grandparents. This hotel is perfect for my family. The cleanliness, and the friendliness of the staff makes us feel right at home. The breakfast is wonderful and the pool is warm and inviting. I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Shelly N
Atif K, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee N. Brown Deer/Mequon, responded to this review, 28 January 2013
Thank you for the kind review Shelly. We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience.
Mequon, Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed 1 December 2011

First off, I don't normally spend time to review hotels unless they are awesome or absolutely nasty. I am a Platinum Elite Member with Holiday Inn worldwide and travel over 100 nights a year. I am by no means saying I am an expert, however consider myself close to that.

This hotel shouldn't hold a Holiday Inn name, or even that of a Super 8. The rooms are dirty. I was upgraded to a King Suite, and upon walking in it smelled of old feet and smoke. Mind you, this property is smoke free. I complained and they moved me to another room. The same thing. All the staff could say to me is "maybe our cleaner smells like this." Dirty feet, I don't think so.

The rooms were cleaned, however for about five minutes. No joke.

The common areas of the hotel are OK, about 2 out of 5 stars. However the rooms aren't even worth a star. I could care-less about new hotels and modern technology, however something that you sleep in being clean is a must.

Stay away from this hotel. I left a note, along with a voicemail to call me back. It has been almost a week with no returned calls. I even sent an email to the Priority Club Desk and all they could do is apologize and give me more points, since they don't own the hotel. Wonderful.

The easiest way to "correct" this problem is to just not do business with them. After time, hopefully they'll close due to code violations.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
6 Thank kuekie83
San Francisco, USA
Reviewed 27 November 2011

My wife and I and her family stayed in two rooms here over Thanksgiving weekend. On Friday night, we got back late and planned on sleeping in. However, we were woken up at 9:30 on Saturday morning by extended loud knocking on our door. It was the housekeeping staff, and they had woken me and my seven months-pregnant wife up to ask us if we wanted our room cleaned. We said no, and told them to go away. My wife hadn't been sleeping well lately, and had just fallen back asleep after having been awake for a few hours. We were infuriated by this disturbance. (We found out later that they had also knocked on my wife’s family’s door around the same time.)

When we complained to the front desk, the general manager, Atif Khan, was a complete jerk. He was rude and belligerent when we told him about the incident, and made no apologies or any attempt to make the situation right. These qualities are completely unacceptable in the hospitality industry, and I recommend that you stay elsewhere. For reference, he also runs the Candlewood Suites next door to this Holiday Inn Express.

Our experience with the cleaning crew left us with the impression that this Holiday Inn Express is a second rate operation that cuts corners out of laziness and a primary interest in serving their own convenience. In over 25 years of staying at many different hotels and motels, I have never had the cleaning staff knock on the door at my room until after check out time (11am or noon in most hotels). The manager’s response was completely out of line, and shows that he has no interest in making sure that his guests’ stays are comfortable and relaxed.

If you want a good night's sleep and want to feel relaxed, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank EdwinSF
Minneapolis/St. Paul
Reviewed 23 September 2011

We needed a hotel reasonably close to the University of Wisconsin and this property seemed to fit the bill. The hotel was clean, front desk staff was friendly and the location (near food options) all made this a good choice. Only negative, a room that sleeps 5 should have more than 2 bath towels. I know you can call down and get more towels, but sure would have been nice if they had been there. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms directly above the entrance, they can be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Chicago
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I stayed for 2 nights. Quiet room - right across from the elevator - but no noise. Nice clean room, comfortable bed, usable desk. The desk clerk called after I got settled to make sure everything was okay - nice touch. Breakfast area has warm entrees. Lobby and breakfast area had plenty of seating to accommodate a chat with friends one evening. Wi-fi worked well.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. I reserved a "corner suite", which was a bit more expensive than a standard room. We were surprised to find that the room was no larger than a standard room. It had a king bed and sleeper sofa. I looked into the standard rooms while their door was open when being cleaned. There did not appear to be a difference in size.

The room and hotel were clean. We found the bed to be too soft, but that said, we prefer a firmer bed. Breakfast was sufficient, with several choices, including scrambled eggs and sausages. The staff was friendly.

My recommendation: If you stay here and want to upgrade to a suite, call the hotel and find out what you are getting for your money. In my opinion, I would not upgrade to a suite.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brown Deer
Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore
Candlewood Suites Milwaukee North Brown Deer/Mequon
Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer
Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area
Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place
Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront

Been to Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee N. Brown Deer/Mequon? Share your experiences!