“Plenty nice”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brown Deer
De Pere, Wisconsin
“Plenty nice”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Let me begin by saying we had an outstanding price via PriceLine. I think we only paid about $70 including taxes for the 2nd of July. That's about what this hotel is worth. Everything was in decent shape. One complaint is the lighting in the bathroom is poor. Also, desk staff claimed they had no refrigerators...not sure that was really the case seeing as we were just told the hotel was nearly empty. Whatever. A good night's sleep, only a couple of minutes offf of I-43.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank hinkgen
Greg F, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear hinkgen,

Thank you for submitting your comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We have a strong demand for refrigerators in the summer and I am sorry we were unable to provide one for you. We are ordering more to better attempt to meet our guests' special requests.

I hope you are enjyoing the summer!

Greg Fugate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Andover, Minnesota
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The hotel was OK but not worth $150 per night. No fridge no microwave just a plain old room. They added a breakfast charge and didn't tell me anything about being charged for it. They did take care of the charge but my receipt still said breakfast for one so I had to explain the charge to my boss on the expense report. They had beer at the bistro if you wanted to pay $7.00 a bottle. Sorry but for what you pay for a room there I expected more.

Room Tip: make sure they explain the breakfast thing.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank davmach1
Greg F, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear davmach1,

Thank you for sending your comments. We will certainly consider your suggestions on our pricing, and I am sorry about our mistake with the breakfast charge. We also carry a stock of extra refrigerators for no additional charge. Please let me know when you are in town again so I will personally assure you will have one in your room.

I hope you have a great summer!

Westerville, Ohio
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

There are few good things to say about this hotel other than the staff is very friendly. After driving much further from the highway than I was expecting, I checked onto the hotel. The clerk was nice and even gave me a gift, recognizing my loyalty status. When I got to the room and attempted to turn the light on, I realized that this is a way different experience from my room yesterday in Chicago. The light bulb was burned out so I had to find a light that worked. I also noticed a smell that reminded me of heavy perfume. Ok, I'm not that picky and I had a good night sleep. While I was out to dinner somebody from maintenance replaced the bulb.

The next morning I went to my car and noticed the the car next to me had its window broken. It turns out that at least two cars were vandalized in the parking lot that night.

The real kicker for me was when I found a puddle on the bathroom floor. It turned out that the roof leaks and water was dripping down the bathroom fixture onto the floor. Once again the staff reacted quickly and changed my room.

All in all, good staff but lousy facilities. The rooms are outdated and need to be remodeled. They even have old school thermostats like in the house I grew up in. For the money, there are better places to stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Greg F, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear John B,

Thank you for sending your comments. I am very sorry about the various problems that occurred during your stay and promise to make sure they are rectified. I will make sure to pass on your nice comments about our staff.

I hope you are enjoying the summer!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I was in the Milwaukee area recently and stayed at the Marriott Courtyard North. The hotel is very nice, very clean with a friendly and helpful staff. Good place to stay in the area. I did have one event while there, the fire alarm went of and the fire dept. came to the scene in a heavy rain!
What a mess. All was well, we continued on!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Ray F,

Thank you for contributing your comments. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and will pass on your comments to our staff.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the summer!

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The Marriott Brown Deer we have stayed at for about 7 months now. It was a traditional courtyard with make to order breakfast and original décor. Some say may have been "run down" a bit.
No More! The hotel has gone through a complete remodel to the new Marriott layout with the Bistro and Bar. The lobby looks amazing. the rooms are still to be updated but they were fine to begin with.
The people. What can I say? Valerie, Richard, Jill, Ashley, and Lisa at the front desk, Lynn the hostess and Charles the omelette master for breakfast, The hospitality we have received over the course of 8 months has been the best I have had in a long tome that is not a "J.W." or upper echelon of hotels. I travel all the time and it is great when you find a place that yopu feel comfortable at and consider a second home.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Erik B
Greg F, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Erik B,

Thank you so much for your very thoughtful comments. Our staff will be thrilled to read them. I know we will see you again soon. I hope you enjoy the Spring season.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I have never ever seen a hotel with this level of building renovation on the ground floor deciding to stay open while they do such major building work. It's a disaster. You literally have to walk around dust and sheet rock No services except a lame breakfast in a conference room Even th the rooms are bad. My reading light in the desk had the buld hanging out. The bed did not have a comforter. Had to order extra blankets. And they have the nerve to charge full price. Some senior Marriott VP needs to get on over there and see what they're doing to the brand. Monumentally bad

Room Tip: Avoid at all cost at least until the renovation is over
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Greg F, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear Michael F,

I am very sorry about the inconvenience our current renovation caused for your stay. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel for compensation.

Victoria, Minnesota
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Lobby is trashy. Paper on the floors, chemical smell in the air, etc. bad neighborhood. Fitness room equipment was unplugged and the treadmill was in a hallway when I went to exercise around 4pm. Not usable. Loose wallpaper hanging from the walls. Lobby looked more like a homeless shelter than a motel.

Room Tip: Stay at any other motel in the state of Wisconsin
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Greg F, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Midnightdiner,

I am sorry about the poor experience you encourntered at our hotel. Our lobby's appearnce is due to the current remodel we are undergoing. When complete, we will have the Bistro restaurant and bar, a new fitness center, meeting room, and completely refurbished lobby. I feel badly about the current inconvenience. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel as I would like to offer you compensation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brown Deer
Manchester East
Manchester East
#4 of 6 in Glendale
Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place

Been to Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer? Share your experiences!