“Outstanding”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brown Deer
Madison, Wisconsin
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We checked into the Marriott based on the location near the WI state swim meet. As we stepped through the front door we were treated exceptionally well, check in was quick and painless, we received a welcome gift and had every one of our questions answered respectfully. Ken and Ashley were in the lobby to give a smile and assist in anything and everything. they made our state-qualifier feel important and this was genuine praise not just lip service. The rooms are clean and up to date. This is a Courtyard as opposed to a JW but the staff are truly JW worthy. Thanks Ken and Ashley for the great service

2 Thank Jodi S
Lisa G, Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Jodi

I want to thank you so very much for selecting The Courtyard for your stay. I want to also thank you for giving the wonderful recognition to our excellent team here at the Courtyard. The team takes great pride in providing our guests with the care they definitely deserve. I will relay your comments to the extraordinary team members your mentioned.

Best Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I had a pleasant experience at this hotel. I absolutely love the colors of their interior decor. Nice place to stay for a quick trip and bistro had good food. I would recommend this hotel to friends/family.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Stephanie G
Lisa G, Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Dear Stephanie

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and to also share the experience you had at the Courtyard in Brown Deer. Our bistro is a new additon to the hotel as well as the updated lobby area. We are very proud of these additions and it is wonderful to see that a guest has enjoyed them as well.

Thank you and have a wonderful weekend!!

Lisa Glendinning
AGM
Courtyard by Marriott
Brown Deer
1-414-355-7500
lisa.glendinning@pillarhotels.com
Lake Forest, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

we arrived after making a mistake in booking and understood that in order to accommodate 4 people, we would have a suite the first night but have to move the next two nights due to our mistake in booking the hotel. We were greeted by very friendly front desk personnel who apologized about this and explained that they could not find another way to change the accommodations due to the hotel being fully booked. The accommodations were clean and immediately ready upon our arrival at around 12 which was before 4pm. The next day we gathered our belongings and came down to the front desk to check into the other room we were assigned to. The manager Greg, indicated that he had seen this problem yesterday and had worked on resolving this situation indicating that he was able to keep us in the same room. He graciously honored the price of second room and stated that our comfort and convenience came first. His attitude was infectious with the rest of the staff. We had stayed at the Marriott for an athletic meet and found that several other athletic events were going on with other athletes and their families staying at the hotel. The personnel at the front desk warmly greeted the athletes arriving and departing, wishing them well in their games, like a family member would. The personnel at the lounge serving breakfast were equally friendly. When the hot breakfast order was ready, it was brought out by an extremely accommodating server who carefully and most solicitously served the meal, making certain that all was well. Overall, this was a great experience and our family felt very well cared for.

1 Thank amb333
Greg F, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear amb333,

Thank you so much for your letter. We really enjoyed having your family stay with us and we hope to see you again!

I hope you are enjoying the summer.

Greg fugate
Lafayette, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We have stayed at this location before they did all the remodeling to the lobby and café area. The remodel is beautiful but we are paying for updated area. Now there is no longer free tea and coffee in the lobby. You have to purchase the Starbucks brand if you want something other than what you make in your room.

The food is average in the café. It is just what was on the buffet but they plate it in the back room and charge a higher price.

I wish the rooms had a microwave or mini refrigerator.

With the additional charges to staying we will have to look into whether the price is worth the extras.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms with the king bedroom have a balcony you can set out on, which makes it nice when...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Greg F, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Reader1957,

Thank you for your comments. I am very sorry and feel badly that you did not enjoy our new Bistro. Please contact me the next time you stay so I can offer you something to make up for our mistakes.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the summer!

North Aurora, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Property was well kept, recent remodel, clean and in good working order. Rooms were nice, clean and well kept. Staff was friendly. Would stay here again if necessary. Overall a good experience,was able to check in early with no problem.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Greg F, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear SLP18111,

Thank you for submitting your comments. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and will share your comments with our staff. They will be excited to read them.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the summer.

De Pere, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Let me begin by saying we had an outstanding price via PriceLine. I think we only paid about $70 including taxes for the 2nd of July. That's about what this hotel is worth. Everything was in decent shape. One complaint is the lighting in the bathroom is poor. Also, desk staff claimed they had no refrigerators...not sure that was really the case seeing as we were just told the hotel was nearly empty. Whatever. A good night's sleep, only a couple of minutes offf of I-43.

2 Thank hinkgen
Dear hinkgen,

Thank you for submitting your comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We have a strong demand for refrigerators in the summer and I am sorry we were unable to provide one for you. We are ordering more to better attempt to meet our guests' special requests.

I hope you are enjyoing the summer!

Andover, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

The hotel was OK but not worth $150 per night. No fridge no microwave just a plain old room. They added a breakfast charge and didn't tell me anything about being charged for it. They did take care of the charge but my receipt still said breakfast for one so I had to explain the charge to my boss on the expense report. They had beer at the bistro if you wanted to pay $7.00 a bottle. Sorry but for what you pay for a room there I expected more.

Room Tip: make sure they explain the breakfast thing.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank davmach1
Greg F, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear davmach1,

Thank you for sending your comments. We will certainly consider your suggestions on our pricing, and I am sorry about our mistake with the breakfast charge. We also carry a stock of extra refrigerators for no additional charge. Please let me know when you are in town again so I will personally assure you will have one in your room.

I hope you have a great summer!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brown Deer
Manchester East
Manchester East
#4 of 6 in Glendale
Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place

Been to Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer? Share your experiences!