“Torte! Torte! Torte!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Brussels
Illinois
“Torte! Torte! Torte!”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

On an extremely cold day, think 8 degrees, in a Fargo-esque setting, we very luckily happened upon the Belgian Delight. Believe me the word "delight" is an understatement! We were probably the only non-locals, which is always a great sign to me. It was definitely a soup kind of day and when I asked about the soup du jour I thought the waitress was saying "bullion" but when I looked at the menu I saw that she was actually saying "boo-yah"......what could that be? And, how could we NOT try it? It turned out to be an old family recipe, Belgian of course, and a cross between a soup and a stew and it was absolutely delicious....very hearty fare. I certainly did not need a burger, but got one anyway and was not disappointed. It was very juicy and seemed to be a nice quality of beef and tasted like the burgers that mom used to make. Well, we were really full and didn't need another thing but as you can see by my title there was some Torte involved. My oh my.....this was one of the most scrumptious desserts that I have ever eaten! I'm old, so that is saying a lot! It wasn't your usual layer cake, it was three layers of the most creamy bites of heaven that one could want to grace their palate! I wish we would have brought home an entire torte......better yet kidnap the baker! If you like dessert, hearty soups and friendly service....go off the beaten path and try a little Belgian Delight.

• Visited March 2014
5 Thank keddie43

Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
“no service”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

slow slow and slower when we did get our food eggs toast and meats were cold

Visited May 2012