“Very comfortable”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Burlington
Sunnyvale, California
“Very comfortable”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I found this place very comfortable. The rooms were very nice. Not big, but nicely done. The hotel had all the right amenities: workout room, pool, wi fi, exec center with printer etc (good for printing those ticket boarding passes). usually I hate the free breakfast, but the breakfasts offered were great. Not fine dining, but way better than the usual continental horrors.

Room Tip: One thing to be aware of. The hotel is right by the tracks. When a train goes by, you definitely hea...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I found this hotel because a business associate in town recommended staying here. I was pleasantly surprised and it exceeded my expectations. The only downfall I could find is that if you are a very light sleeper, you may be bothered by train noise. I slept well.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Mazomanie, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is a nice hotel with good beds and breakfast. The issues we had were that we couldn't turn off the fan on the room heating system, the free internet was slow and hard to log into with a smart phone, and there is an active train track right next to the hotel. Also, the toilet paper was really thin and cheap. Other than these issues, all was fine.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I must say I am starting to be a Hilton hotel family convert. Stayed overnight at this location which was still kept up after knowing its not so so new anymore. Rooms clean, breakfast typical, and I did not hear any trains. Next door to McDonald's and across the street from the Police station - good combo for a female traveler like me!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Madison, WI, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Hotel was very nice -- all was clean. Bathroom was extremely clean, bed was VERY comfortable and breakfast area was clean, orderly and well stocked. Our room was very close to the elevators, but we heard nothing all night -- we stayed on a Friday night. Thank you!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Rock Island, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Very clean hotel with excellent beds and breakfast. I was unhappy that the room above me wasn't removed, they were partying and when I complained the overnight attendent did nothing. I only slept 4 hours, I hope they all had wonderful hangovers.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Waterdown, Canada
Reviewed 12 May 2014

As a Hilton Honors member for many years, I try to only stay at Hilton properties. Usually with Hampton Inns (my favorite Hilton property), I don't ever bother to check reviews, big mistake. As has been stated many times here, there is a very busy train line feet from the property. As soon as I got into my room, I immediately called the front desk and asked to be moved and was told the "quiet" side of the hotel was fully booked and I would be notified if there was a cancellation. Trains just kept coming and coming. No room move was in the offing. Finally at about 1030 pm, I called down to the front desk and was told I could be moved into a room with a non-functioning AC unit. I stated I didn't care. I moved to this room and unfortunately, it was on the first floor and very close to the train line and made literally no difference. I fault the hotel staff in no way whatsoever. They did everything they could to accommodate me but to no avail. My advisory, if you sleep like a "log", no problem, great hotel. If you are a fairly light sleeper like me, stay at the Hampton Inn in Elkhorn, about 20 minutes away. That's what I'll do on my next trip to Burlington

Room Tip: demand the 3rd floor, quiet side at opposite end from train tracks
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Doug P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Burlington
#1 of 2 in East Troy
Comfort Suites Lake Geneva
Comfort Suites Lake Geneva
#10 of 15 in Lake Geneva

Been to Hampton Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!