“Great Stay”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Burlington
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I stayed here Nov. 3, 2012 for 2 nights. Had my 7 year olds birthday party here and it was great. The Hotel staff was Awesome, knowledgable and helpfull. Every parent who brough their kid told me how nice the hotel was and how clean the pool area was, perfect. The rate was great for what I got. The room was clean, soft bed and everything worked fine. Every staff member was awesome especially Lisa. Great breakfest too. There is NO where else in this area I will ever stay. AmeicInn Burlington is the best Hotel in it's class.

Room Tip: Second level rooms are quieter and face the wooded area for great nature view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank James K
There are newer reviews for AmericInn Lodge & Suites Burlington

Reviewed 2 August 2012

We stayed here for a wedding. The front desk staff were all friendly and helpful. The room was large and clean. We thought the room was a little pricey, but we had a comfortable room, bed and again..........it was clean. Free hot & cold breakfast, which always comes in handy. We didn't swim, but the pool looked nice. We had reserved a 2 queen bed room, but then ended up having fewer people and didn't need it. We got a corner queen jaccuzi suite on the 2nd floor for the same price which was awesome!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank glad2bhome4
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I usually don't write reviews for quick stays of a day or two, but my experience with this property was so outstanding I felt I needed to share with fellow travelers (as well as give credit to the wonderful employees).

We travel to the Lake Geneva/Burlington/East Troy area usually once a summer for concerts at Alpine Valley. We usually stay at Timber Ridge in Lake Geneva but our trip just so happened to be over the week of the Fourth of July, so occupancy was high and rates even higher! The band we were coming to see has a large following, that, coupled with the high season dates meant that most hotels in the area were completely sold out. We luckily nabbed a room at the Americinn...to make a long story short, I had to call back a couple of times with changes, additions, etc. I spoke with several different people and everyone was extremely accommodating, polite and helpful.

Our stay was great (though we didn't spend much time at the property). The room was small, but clean and everything worked well. Again, the staff went out of their way to be accommodating at every turn.

Bottom line, this is where we'll stay when we're in the area from now on. It's a 10-15 minute drive to Alpine Valley and about the same to other area attractions. Is this a five star property...no, far from it, but compared to other similar hotels I've stayed in, this one is solid. It's certainly not the kind of place (or price range) where I'd complain about a musty smell in the room, or shoe scuffs on the doors and trim, or less than plush bath towels. Is the price high? Yes, perhaps, but it's completely in line with the pricing of other similar hotels in the area. What seals the deal for me is the staff...these people are doing their absolute best to make sure every guest has the absolute best stay possible.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank deadheadcouple
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The customer service here was good and the room was clean, but this place was very overpriced. This is a $60 per night place, but their lowest weekend rate was $115. The breakfast is unhealthy - no fruit or other whole food options. The room was outdated and the bathroom was very small. There was no counter space for a toiletry bag. And the tub drained very slowly. I will not return

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank HopeThisIsHelpful
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times. Everytime I has warmly greeted and made to feel welcome. The room and bathroom were clean. The breakfast had a variety of items to choose from and the coffee was great. Over the years, any time I had a question or issue the staff addressed my concern swiftly and rectified the situation to my satisfaction.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank David E
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I was staying at this hotel while visiting family for a baby shower. The female desk attendant was very friendly. That was pretty much the only good thing about the hotel. The room my son, my sister, and I stayed in smelled strongly of mildew, and the door frames were rusted. The bed was like laying on a slab of concrete. The continental breakfast was average in taste at best. We had left for the day, and when we returned that night, the room had not been cleaned. While this wasn't a big deal to us, we did need towels. My sister went to the front desk, where there was a male attendant. She asked about the room, and the attendant told her that the housekeeping staff had not shown up that day. She asked if we could get a small discount because the room had not been taken care of, and was told no - too bad. We did get another set of towels. We payed $129 a night for a $59 a night room. I will never stay there again, even if I have to sleep in my car next time!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank aab0928
GeneralManager531, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2011

Thank You for your reply. Your feedback helps us improve our hotel for you and our future guests. Hopefully you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2010

we first arrived and went to our room, to get our bathing suits on to swim..we get in the pool room and it is absolutely dirty..i was going to shower to rinse off the chlorine and in the shower drain was about a half inch thick of green slime. that you can tell noone had ever cleaned before..the water pressure was breaking up the slime into pieces in the bottom of the shower..so im like whatever im going up to the room..i get up to the room and my husband said he was in the bathroom and the toilet was leaking..so he tried to clean it up and realized as he was cleaning that there were pubic hairs all over the bathroom floor!! so gross! so i called the front desk and told the gentleman and so he says he would give us a different room, but says he will look it over first..well we get into our new room and i check the bathroom floor in there! pubic hairs all over this bathroom floor too!! the front desk clerk came and saw it, so he actually came and cleaned up the floor for us. he did give us a small discount but from $100 a night to $90 a night..pretty expensive for the crappy sleeping conditions..i have stayed at americinns many times other places..but i will never stay at the one in burlington ever again

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank YOMAMMASturgeonBay
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hampton Inn Burlington
Comfort Suites Delavan - Lake Geneva Area
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in East Troy

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!