“RAINBOW IN SUCKS”

Skyview Inn
Skyview Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed 6 July 2014

read the reviews and info about motel so i booked a room when we got there and saw the condition of the place i tried to cancel reservation but i had to pay entire room fee just to cancel so we checked in to see what room looked like as soon as we opened door all you could smell was nicotine and body odor and the outdoor pool is overgrown with weeds and hasnt seen water in years its obvious from peoples reviews that this place has changed ownership in last couple years we left key on table and got a room at hampton inn and enjoyed our weekend

Room Tip: go to hampton inn
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ed A

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is a older Motel but the Room was clean it was a great valve it was a good stay, and wright down town Burlington , Had to use Hot mail there WI FI didn't work, over all I would stay there again , and with in walking distance to great resturants

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Frank D
Reviewed 27 June 2013

My husband and I got to Burlington on a Saturday evening; the Rainbow Motel had the only vacancy in town. We were very pleased with this quaint little motel. The room smelled good, and the beds were clean with crisp white linens. The bathroom was clean, which I was impressed with because I'm a stickler for clean grout and caulk. There was a small fridge, coffee pot with coffee, creamer, sugar; shampoo, lotion and soap in bathroom. The window unit air conditioner worked great and kept us chilly all night. We especially liked that you can park directly outside your door. We usually travel on the motorcycle and we like to keep it close for security reasons. The location of the motel was wonderful; right down the street a coupla blocks from the downtown with restaurants and shopping. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the upper level at the back of the motel. It's still on ground level; the motel'...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Carol G
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We have come from Iowa to the Jimmy Buffett concert at Alpine Valley for over 20 years - we discovered this little gem about 5 years ago and will not go back to any of the other hotels we have stayed at in the past!! The couple that owns/operates the hotel are the nicest and most accomodating people that I have met in the hotel business (and their children are the most adorable, well behaved children!!!). The hotel is warm and inviting, clean and comfortable and if we have ever encountered any kind of problem (which has NEVER been uncleanliness!!!) it has been taken care of immediately!! I keep their business card in my wallet because when Buffett time rolls around (or any other reason to be in the area) I want to guarantee that we can get rooms here!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Julie W
Reviewed 10 March 2013

This place was priced right since we wanted to stay out another night on the road but it was ehh for the most part. Bed was hard, rooms were dated but fine. Bathroom was small, old, and dated. Did have a fridge. Coffee was terrible. Wolfgang Puck must not really care what he puts his name to. No ice machine, no breakfast [although we knew that] and no wifi. 'Free' coffee consisted of the packed in our room. Ick. Price was right but glad we just stayed one night. Nothing major. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Momathome09
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I have stayed at the Rainbow Motel at least fifty times over the past three years (when I work a few days or nights in a row at the local hospital), and it has always been clean and comfortable. I have NO complaints. I have never seen a bug. (I suspect that negative reviews were actually posted by representatives of the Hampton Inn that recently opened in the area - shame on you for trying to run down a small family business.) Prices are certainly fairer here than at either of the other corporate-owned motels in this area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank travelerDLE
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I stopped at the Rainbow Motel in Burlington while on a bicycle tour. It was clean, quiet, and comfortable, just what I needed.

Being close to the very interesting Burlington downtown beat the asphalt jungle along a freeway anytime.

Room Tip: Maximillian7 needs to stick to the Ritz.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jobtraklite
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Burlington
Hampton Inn Burlington
Hampton Inn Burlington
#1 of 3 in Burlington
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in East Troy

Been to Skyview Inn? Share your experiences!