Our experience was pretty good while staying here for a family wedding but you've got to understand what you're getting into:
1. Pool/lodge rooms. DO NOT book these. They are outdated, musty and not very nice. The doors to poolside room are literally 6' away from the pool edge so you'll get all the noise, smell and humidity in your room.
2. Condos are hit/miss. All are independently owned so they vary in decor and amenities. My advice is to request photos ahead of time and confirm for a specific unit vs. a generic 2-bedroom. I can fully recommend #218 as very updated, clean and comfortable with a huge TV + 2 fireplaces. Our family had 3 other condos which ranged fom "kabin kitsch" to "somewhat outdated" to "downright awful" so it's critical to know which unit you'll be getting.
3. Wifi also is hit/miss. Sometimes it worked well for brief periods but mostly it didn't.
4. The restaurant is "meh". It's ok for bar food but if you want a good meal drive about 2 miles to Garmisch.
5. The bar is fun, especially is Kerry is bartening. He makes a mean old fashioned.
6. There is a golf course, some fairly rundown tennis courts, a nice small outdoor pool (heated!) and a decent indoor pool with a big hot tub. Great for families, but don't expect luxury.
In short, Lakewoods had it's heyday in the 60's-70's and could use some updating. Enjoy it for what it is - a time capsule to "the old up north".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the pristine Northwoods of Wisconsin on the shores of Lake Namakagon, Lakewoods is right smack in the middle of the Chequamegon National Forest. Surrounded by nature, the areas lakes streams rivers and trail are perfect for getaways during any season of the year. Lakewoods' complete amenities including pools, restaurant, marina, golf course and more are designed to make the most of our location. Get here and experience all the Northwoods has to offer; be it snowmobiling the 1,000s of miles of trails, catching a world class musky, or biking the best trails in the nation, Lakewoods allows you to experience it all with your family, business colleagues, or your favorite golf foursome. Call now to make your reservations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Lakewoods Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakewoods Resort Cable
- Lakewoods Hotel Cable