“a great time had by all”
Review of Lakewoods Resort

Lakewoods Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cable
A TripAdvisor Member
“a great time had by all”
Reviewed 12 July 2004

We've been coming here for about 5 yrs. Our kids 14,16,23 just love it. its a time for us to just relax and be together. The condos are beautiful and have all the comforts of home. If theres anything you need,the staff from the marina to the lodge are right there.We have met great people. The food is awesome (fri. nite fish fry) especially. If you like to boat, fish, golf and spend time with your friends and family then lakewoods is for you.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Twin Cities, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 July 2004

Lakewoods overall is a pretty nice place but it depends on what kind of person you are. I'll agree that it feels a little dirty. It's not bad enough to the point where you want to leave or anything. The pool area is okay. Although, the smell and heat of the pool spreads throughout a lot of the building. The rooms themselves aren't bad though. The eatting area was pretty good. I may self didn't go outside much in Lakewoods since I have family that lives very close so we went there most of the time. It seems pretty nice and they own a large area of land and have several things on it. The rooms are okay but again a little dirty feeling. They all have a TV and have two (yes two) phone lines which you don't see very often. The beds are the normal hotel beds. I'll admit. The Lakewoods front desk is quite nice and seems knowledgable. A nice thing I liked it that you can order food and pick it up in Lakewoods. I believe that is 24 hour but I'm not sure. One thing I didn't like is not about Lakewoods but the area in general is that it is very very rural. I'm from a town of 1500 but even I didn't like how rural it was. You better not need anything during the night. It's a ten minute ride into Cable but everything closes at night. The closest full town would probably be Hayward. They do have 24-hour store there. However that is at least 45 minutes away. A little secret is to ask where the "Loon Saloon" is. It's a bar but also has a section of the building which is a little store. They are the closest store for drinks and food and such and I think have pretty good hours. In conclusion, Lakewoods is a pretty good resort and I'll probably return.

• Stayed July 2004
4 Thank Pip C
Reviewed 22 June 2004

Stayed in main hotel 2 years ago. Were put in room with whirlpool right next to bar. Could hear band like it was in the room until past 2 a.m. both nights we stayed. Gorgeous scenery. Great walking trails. Nice golf course. Some staff wasn't particularily friendly. Very good food in restaurant. Pool area musty. Not a lot to do in the area but, we still had a decent time. Wouldn't make an effort to return.

Reviewed 10 February 2004

I've been to Lakewoods 5 times already, & I never get sick of the place. Ther's so many activities to keep you occupied all day & night.
The staff is very friendly, the food is delicious, & the rooms are affordable. If you're looking for a great place to get away and relax, this is the place.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 August 2003

It was not the place that I was told at the show.1. very dustest2.
prices are to high3. pool is outdated4. need to clean up mess around dumpster5. car was hit by a golf ball all was said by owner of place, "that life" there must better places

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, Owner at Lakewoods Resort, responded to this review, 30 January 2004
In response to the previouse review. We do have gravel roads on the property which will create dust during particularly dry periods. We offer a variety of properties from rustic cabins, to modern golf villas and lake homes in addition to our lodge rooms and condominiums. Prices range from $69 to $350 per night in 2003 for the different lodging types. We have two heated pools, one indoor and the other outdoor, both of which were remodeled or built within the past 10 years. The resort is located in the middle of Chequamegon National Forest where the black bear looks for a nightly dumpster snack. This makes for some great, but messy, wildlife viewing which requires daily cleanup. As to my response for the golf ball strike, I do not recall that specific incidient, but I would surely recall my being rude or unhelpful to a guest. In my opinion I did not speak to this person. I hope this alleviates any concerns about the previous review and would welcome them back to rectify their unpleasant experience.

Travellers are raving about these Cable hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cable
Comfort Suites
#3 of 4 in Cable
Lenroot Lodge
Lenroot Lodge
#10 of 36 in Hayward

Been to Lakewoods Resort? Share your experiences!