“Nice Place” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Telemark Resort & Convention Center

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cable
Telemark Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Cable
Osceola, Wisconsin
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

The Java place is the best. The staff is great ans the location is in a very nice part of WI and everyine need to stay here at least once. the airport next door is very nice to watch planes. they have lots of fun things to do inside and outside.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank KC9NVV

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
St. Paul, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon (round one), and upon arrival, were disappointed to find our room disheveled--bed not made, bathroom not stocked, etc. We reported this to Darrel in the main office, and he promptly upgraded us to a nicer room--fully prepared and stocked--twice the size and with a large Jacuzzi!! We were amazed and very grateful. One negative was that the AC never kicked in full-force, and it was July...

It was clean and has beautiful surroundings. There were many other guests, but only heard our neighbors upstairs once. It was the perfect "get-away" we were looking for. Five minutes from the cute town "Cable," and relatively isolated with beautiful landscape in every direction.

The restaurant on the property was amazing, too! Great service, and the food was outstanding!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Voelker126
Ashland, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

We had a fun time climbing the old ski hill and later swimming in the indoor pool [which is very nice and roomy]!! The food was excellent for lunch, supper and breakfast!! Everyone was very nice [including our waiter,and the front desk clerk. The room was very spacious with a comfortable bed. It was also pretty cool to see the Howard planes landing while we were in the restaurant. Thanks for everyone's hospitality!!

Room Tip: The higher floor above the restaurant was perfect distance from everything.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Scranton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

We had reservations for one night in late April. When we arrived, the front desk clerk seemed surprised to see us, and not only gave us a room key but also "a key to the loading dock, since it's slow now and we lock the front door at night." The room included plywood everywhere, a bathroom which hadn't been updated (or caulked) since the 70s, and really low ceilings which contributed to the cavelike atmosphere. The beds were comfortable, though. We discovered after returning to the Lodge at 9 pm that we were the ONLY guests, and there were virtually no lights on in the entire resort (we did indeed have to enter through the loading dock back door). After our night reenacting The Shining, the front desk clerk told us that they were closed and "everybody should have been called." They refunded our (expensive) room rate 100%, but we'd never stay there again nor would be recommend it to anyone. Tacky and old.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Mortimerfan
Chanhassen, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

My family stayed at this resort this past weekend, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The staff was very polite and friendly

The food at the restaurant was fanastic I would highly recommend as we ate there for breakfast and supper for our entire stay.

The lodge was very nice with fireplace operating and clean along with rooms very clean also.

We will be definetly returning again to see new improvements.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Linda N
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

This was my first time at the Birke and we had a great time. We couldn't have asked for better weather Saturday and the trails were smooth. The spaghetti feed Friday was awesome and the accomodations were very comfortable. I'm writing this only because I used to work in events like this, I.e. working the trails, setting up points, and making sure the athletes had everything they needed. Saturday, though, I witnessed a confrontation that I dont think the public should be subject to. Two men were behind the concession stand, where I was about to buy some refreshments, and I decided to turn away. One man was literally yelling at the other, about what I'm not sure, but I can say it wasnt positive. Just wanted it to be known that issues between the management and what I suspect to be the owner, whatever they may be, should probably be dealt with in private, especially one as violent as the one I heard. Just an observation. I'm just a lowly occupant, but it doesn't bode well for the establishment when on the way out the door you have to be witness to someone screaming at another.
Happy but concerned

Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank Andrew K
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

My family and I have attended the Birkebeiner for the last three years and I have to say, this year was our most enjoyable experience. Compared to the last times we were here, the hotel was almost unrecognizable. As a person that once managed a hotel and restaurant, I can say that there is still a great deal that needs to be done, but the renovations that took place from last year to this year were indeed impressive. Having said that, Saturday was an incredible disappointment. We arrived at the restaurant at 6:00 and sat down at the only table that was open. We were acknowleged right away and soon thereafter given menus and beverages. We were located at a table that faced the bar and it was obvious to me that the staff was working very hard in order to accomodate everyone. We were told by our server that there would be a wait, which we certainly understood given the circumstances. The staff was working very hard and very well together. Then something strange happened that, in my twenty five plus years in the business, I've never seen before. A man in a blue, button-up shirt came behind the bar and asked two women that were seated there to help him. From that point on it was a complete disaster. It was readily apparent to me that, even though the bartenders and waitresses were very busy, they were not confused. After this man and his help attempted to assist, it made a busy stituation into a chaotic one. I could see that four, sometimes five people were gathered around the register, that no one knew what food went where, that the waitresses were all of a sudden thrown off their rhythm, that where before there was simply a group of people doing their best to do their jobs, there was now complete and utter confusion. I saw a man circling the dining room with a tray of food trying desperately to find its table. It was sad, in a way, to see a place doing so well all of a sudden losing its way. I have been in this business for a long time and understand what happens when things get busy--what I don't understand is why someone would come along and, with all due respect, just get in the way. When my family sat down for dinner we were very happy, not only to see the restaurant thriving, but also, at least for me personally, to see the organization and competence of its staff. That all changed and so did my evaluation. I'm not sure who this man was, but if he is an Executive/Board Member, he should be ashamed of himself to make a great staff look so badly due to his actions. After our dinner I went to the front desk in order to speak to the owner, but was told he was busy. I hope he reads this and takes it seriously. This resort has an incredible amount of potential; sometimes, however, that potential can only be realized by allowing the staff to do their job--in other words, for the resort's benefit, let them do it.

Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Jane D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cable
Comfort Suites
#12 of 14 in Hayward
Mallards Landing
Mallards Landing
#16 of 35 in Hayward

Been to Telemark Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!