“Great place to stay for snowmobiling”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cable
Garmisch USA Resort
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Great location for riding the trails and the lakes. Very good restaurant and bar on premises. All the employees were extra nice and very helpful. The only con I would have is that we stayed at Zug's and the walls are paper thin. When our neighbors came home at 2AM and stayed up drinking till 4 it was a sleepless part of the night.

Room Tip: Expect noise from neighbors if staying in the 4 room Zug's.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Garmisch USA Resort

Reviewed 24 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend b/c he does a ski marathon from cable-hayward. We stayed in the bean cabin. It was very cozy, and the staff was very friendly. The best thing about this resort is the meals, which are included. If you can wait until after 10am on Saturday (or 11am the other days) I would recommend going for the later breakfast when you can order right off the menu. The breakfast buffet was only so-so, but the dinner and the later breakfast were both fabulous! My other recommendation would be to bring your own toiletries, the ones they give are not that great, and there was no conditioner in our bathroom. I always bring my own anyway, but if I didn't I would be disappointed by the ones that were offered. Oh, and next time I will bring my own hairdryer. There was not one in the cabin, and in retrospect, I should have realized this (my fault) b/c our cabin had 3 bathrooms and theres no way they could supply hairdryers in every bathroom!

I did request a king size bed next time, the queen size bed in the bean cabin was too small for us, but we were lucky to get a reservation because someone cancelled at the last minute, so I cannot complain too much about that!

The issues listed above were only minor issues, nothing that soured my opinion of the resort and were only intended to prepare those reading my review. I would recommend the resort, already booked for next year and would love to see what its like in the summer!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mel131
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We love the Cable area for it's primitive perks: mountain bike trails, fishing, and beautiful forests/lakes. We stayed the week of Aug 14-16 in room 6, a lodge room. It had Gorgeous views of the lake and the grounds were clean and well maintained. My son and I played several games of chess in the lodge as it is truly a unique place to hang out with old world, up north, German charm. The staff is very courteous and helpful and the owner even gave my four year a whole roll of quarters while hanging out in the bar. Needless to say, this made his trip. The food in the restaurant was good but not outstanding.

Room Tip: Lodge rooms away from the patio are likely quieter but I wouldn't worry about it on a weekday.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Wowitsreallyhardtoge
Reviewed 11 August 2013

From the moment you pass through the large river stone pillars with stained glass lanterns, you are taken back to a time when you ran around at twilight in your Keds sneakers with cutoffs and tank tops catching fireflies in old mayonnaise jars. Or playing tag among the beautiful majestic oaks and pines. We stayed in the Alpine Haus and couldn't have been happier. It was clean, the furniture and beds were comfortable and the kitchen was well appointed. True, there is little to no cellular service, but we come here to relax and unwind! Took a day or so to break my Facebook addiction, but when I let go, it was divine! Posted all the pictures I took on the way home.
Coming off a vacation to the Ritz Carlton in St. Thomas, I was a little concerned I'd have impossibly high standards for this trip, but no worries! I was completely happy and satisfied.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LalaLeeLou
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

Spent a couple of days here.Very relaxing and quiet. Room was cozy and clean. Staff very nice and efficient. Only drawbacks,no cell phone service and lots of mosquitos. Bring alot of off! The restaurant has fabulous food,nice mixture of german and american food. Will definitly go back.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Garmisch is an oasis in the Wisconsin Northwoods. We recently rode our snowmobiles to Garmisch and spent the night. We had a wonderful evening meal in their restaurant overlooking the Lake and then spent hours sitting by the fire place in the Great Hall enjoying the ambiance. The next morning, we had a delicious breakfast and Bloody Mary back in the restaurant and rode off to the snowmobile trails adjacent to the Inn. There are also numerous cross-country ski trails close by. Summer is also a lovely time to visit Garmisch.

Room Tip: Check on-line for many different types of rooms, suites and cabins to rent.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Scamperaway
Reviewed 3 January 2013 via mobile

The Garmisch Inn is quite a retreat. This place has so much charm and character, a person would really have to dig deep to find a big flaw. We have gone two Christmas breaks in a row- the first over New Years for 3 days, and last month from the 26-30. We love it there so much, we have already booked again for 5 nights next year! The kids explore the woods that surround the cabins, and my husband enjoy walking around the beautiful grounds.

The first year we rented 'The Bean' cabin, which is fairly new, and found it very quiet, peaceful, and with a lovely view of the woods. It wasn't available for the dates we chose for last month, so this time we stayed in 'The Geneva Haus'. This cabin is right in the thick of things, with easy access to the restaurant and Inn ( just walk on over). When dusk came, the whole resort lit up with gorgeous Christmas lights, in great amount and detail, and Christmas music played. It's like being in another world- cozy and full of charm! The cabins are very clean, come stocked with dishes, full kitchens, fireplaces, and each is unique. The kids were beyond delighted when they found a closet full of games in The Geneva Haus! There was a tv, but it went unused, as we like to use this as a retreat to relax, play games, read, and reconnect. The only complaint I have would be that the last two nights, a huge group (5 vehicles worth) moved into the Blarney Castle next door, and throughout the day we listened to them working on, or driving snow mobiles around quite close by. That is an easy fix for next year, as we have booked a cabin further away again. They also have rooms in the lodge itself, which look pretty nice too. We bring our dog with us, so need to be in a cabin.

The restaurant is somewhat pricey, but the food makes it worth the cost. Some of our favorites were: The Friday night fish fry (probably my favorite ever), snow crab legs, cheese curds, eggs Benedict, and burgers. On my birthday, they gave me a small birthday cake that was very tasty! The atmosphere in both the Bierstube and dining room is very cozy, warm, and festive. The decorations are beautiful and plentiful! The service is a bit slow in the restaurant, and the bar is the same unless you are sitting right at the bar itself. That being said, we were there to relax, so it wasn't much of a bother.

The Garmisch USA has become a tradition for us, and the kids, my husband, and I can't wait to get back there!!!

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Jilly070
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cable
Comfort Suites
#3 of 15 in Hayward
Northern Pine Inn
Northern Pine Inn
#15 of 15 in Hayward

Been to Garmisch USA Resort? Share your experiences!