“Wonderful Place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cable
Garmisch USA Resort
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wonderful Place”
Reviewed 21 February 2011

My sister and I stayed here for one night. What a beautiful place. I would like to visit in the summer to get the full experience of this place. We stayed in a Zugspitze room. Very nice and roomy. The linens on the bed are superb and I don't know how to even describe the pillows. WOW! Comfy bed, nice sheets, wonderful pillows. This is a traveler's dream come true. The only issue we had was that the walls appear to be thin and we could hear our neighbors talking when they came back that night and when they got up at 6:30 AM. It is possible that they just had very loud voices. Their lodge is very homey and inviting and is the only place you get wi-fi. Our cell phones also didn't work except in a corner of the bar. This is definitely not a complaint as our intention was to "get away" and our cell phones not working was an added incentive to get away from it all. We emailed our husbands with the telephone # in the room in case they had to get ahold of us. Problem solved. We did not eat at the restaurant, the prices were a little high for us, but we did eat in the bar and the food was delicious.

I don't know what else to say. Overall, this place is a diamond in the ruff. The staff was courteous and helpful, the food was great, the service was tremendous and the rooms were exceptionally clean and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Dibella32

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Prescott, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 December 2010

I have been coming here since a kid, and have always had a decent experience. We spent our anniversary here... To be quite honest, we could have had a better time at a motel six. For one, the restaurant was terrible, our food was old and hard. Did I mention... Overpriced? We knew from the previous night that if u stay in the lodge u can hear everything, we would have to listen to the restaurant till it closed, which was ok with us. Well, this night, we had a private party rolling in there till about 11, then the party made it's way up and down the stairs which u hear every step and every word, five separate times. Needless to say, on our anniversary night we had to listen to about ten adults drinking and yelling between two rooms (with their doors open so kindly) and FYI the front desk closes at nine, so we were on our own. The bar continued to be open, but since we were also listening to death metal via our bed, I assume that's not much help either. After this experience, they have lost a long time customer, since they charge 73$ for lobster, may I suggest maybe adding insulation and after hours help?

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Prescott2192
Geneva, Illinois
Reviewed 4 August 2010

My wife and I absolutely loved this resort. We stayed in the Zugspitz building for a few nights and then in one of the rooms in the main lodge. If I owned a northwoods cabin, I would decorate it just like Garmish. Knotty pine and stick furniture, but with an up-to-date feeling, like everything was new. We ate at the restaurant a few times and had great German food, Rented a pontoon boat. Walked the hilly roads around the area and saw a black bear and lots of deer. I was especially impressed with the cleanliness and excellent maintenance of the resort. Although it dates from the 1920's, everything seems to freshly painted, clean, and comfortable. We will return.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mntwns1
St. Louis, Mo.
Reviewed 10 May 2010

In July, 2009, I spent a week at Garmisch with my daughter, son-in-law, and three young grandchildren. The house and amenities were lovely. However, we had a problem in the restaurant with the childrens allergies. I wrote a review of the restaurant on tripadvisor, stressing that the elderly waitress in the almost empty restaurant simply told us that they could not help us and we should go elsewhere. We did not argue with the waitress or make any commotion. I ended the review by saying that I would not go back to Garmisch.because of the restaurant

As I have a small summer place in Bayfield, I had often gone to Garmisch with friends. Sitting on the patio outside the bar last September, I decided to go back to the resort without going into the restaurant. When I tried to make a reservation for the same cottage, the Manager told me that I was unwelcome. Garmisch absolutely refused to ever rent anything to me "because of what you wrote on tripadvisor.

If you want to return to Garmisch, be careful about what you write. At Garmish the customer is NOT always right.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
12 Thank StLouistraveler99
Madison
Reviewed 29 August 2009

We spent two nights at Garmisch USA. Loved our "lodgy" room w. the pine log ceiling and knotty-pine walls, not to mention a livingroom in the turret with an exquisite view of Lake Namekagon through the pine boughs. Beds were comfortable. Decor was a little quirky but it really did have an old-timey feel (modern bathroom, though). Desk staff pleasant and accommodating. We ate lunch and dinner elsewhere, however, after reading some of the restaurant's reviews. Found an amazing restaurant -- the Rookery. Don't miss it for an excellent (albeit pricey) dinner!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank westmelrose
Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 February 2009

We meet friends for a long weekend at Garmisch USA and enjoyed our visit. The cottage was a spacious and clean four bedroom with nostaligic touches we appreciated. Our experience in the dining room at the lodge was not what I had remembered from years back. Our group had complaints about the service, food temp and general food quality. We did enjoy the bar and found the resort decorated beautifully. Overall, we had a great stay.

• Liked — bed
  • Disliked — poor cell service
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank gofamgo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cable
Comfort Suites
Lenroot Lodge
Lenroot Lodge
#9 of 36 in Hayward
Four Seasons Resort & Motel

Been to Garmisch USA Resort? Share your experiences!