“Always the best time snowmobiling”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cable
Staudemeyer's Four Seasons Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cable
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stay at Four Seasons every year for snowmobiling and we absolutely love the place! We very much enjoy visiting with Amanda and appreciate her bartending skills! I know we will continue to visit every year, and in fact, we are going back this month (February) for another trip! :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AmandaJean1105, Owner at Staudemeyer's Four Seasons Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Thanks Tricia! Looking forward to having you guys back in a few weeks and again in the summer!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Cabin was perfect for our groups snowmobiling trip. The trails in the area are perfect with many stops to visit along the way. With the lodge being the perfect place to settle in for the night. I can't wait to make it back up there.

• Stayed: January 2014
AmandaJean1105, Owner at Staudemeyer's Four Seasons Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Aaron,
Thank you for your review! I'm glad to hear that your recent stay at Four Seasons provided an enjoyable experience! Your review means so much to Four Seasons and we can't thank you enough for taking the time to share your review with the TripAdvisor community.

Thank you and looking forward to your next trip
Amanda

Reviewed 17 December 2013

My family has stayed all over the lake for more than 40 years. We did not make it up to the area for several years as our hobbies went in a different direction. Snowmobile racing took over our trail riding time and efforts. In the past few seasons, we are getting more and more back into trail riding. I found myself drawn back to the cable area. I was very pleased that my memories of the area were still all intact. We stayed at Four Seasons. As in the past, we were more than happy with our stay. We have stayed with Amanda every time since we found our way back. I have not had any other reason to look elsewhere. I even proposed to my wife in one of the cabins over the fourth of July weekends a few years ago.

A great place, with a great host.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KangasRacing75
AmandaJean1105, Owner at Staudemeyer's Four Seasons Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Brent and Tracy,
Thank you for your review and loyalty to Four Seasons! I look forward to making your future stays here grow in enjoyability! Snowmobile conditions are off to a great start, and I’m ready to see our beautiful trails taken advantage off! See you soon!
Thank you for your review!
Amanda Staudemeyer

Reviewed 10 September 2012

I have grown up coming to Four Seasons with my family for the last twenty years. It's a joy to now vaction there with my husband and our children. I was very sadden to hear of Gary's passing a few years ago, but am thrilled with the work and commmitment that Amanda has shown for her business since she has taken over.

Over the years we have stayed in (or other travelers with us) nearly all of their cottages, but my favorite one is the Lakeside loft. Upon walking in you will find a stone floor and a massive fireplace. Each of the kitchens are complete with anything that you need to make a meal while you are there. The bedrooms are basic with beds, night stands and lamps, but who needs more when the cabin and outside provide so much more? The Lakeside loft has a large yard that leads down to your own dock on Lake Namekagon. There is woods on one side and the other has woods with a private cabin that people rarely visit. The cabin is log, and the remodel from a few years ago also leaves log decor on the inside.

Our cabin is always been impecably clean upon our arrival (a big plus to staying here)! The kitchen has lots of dishes, glasses, silverware amongst all the other necessities. We have more then enough room for our family of six - including my aging parents.

I will say that I realy miss having the restaurant on the property, but the lodge and improvements that have been made over the years slightly make up for the loss of the restaurant (which I think has been gone for 10-15 years!). There are plenty of other places to eat within a short drive and the lodge has frozen pizza for a quick fix. This year we enjoyed all the new wine that Four Seasons offered along with the newly added outdoor patio.

My husband and I are glad to keep up my families traditon and plan on returning for many years. We have recomended Four Seasons to many friends who have also been able to enjoy there time in 'paradise' as much as we do! Our reservations are booked for next year and are already looking forward to it!

Room Tip: Make sure to bring water toys for the kids!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I had boasted about this place to my new husband. My late husband and kids and I had stayed there three times, years before when apparently the now owners parents had managed/owned the resort. The cabin we stay in then was clean, fresh, roomy and the meal at the restaurant was good. THIS TIME my new husband and I were put in the cottage closest to the bar. BIG MISTAKE

When we entered the cabin had a strong odor of Pine Sol...."oh great, they just cleaned the place" I thought. We looked around briefly put our bags down and headed for Bayfield to look around. When we got back, rather late... we discovered that the Pine Sol smell had disappated and it must have been there to cover up the smell of dead mice. We began to investiage. Under the bathroom sink was mold, mildew and rolls of TP that hadn't seen the light of day in years!!

The furnace room/closet is where the dead mice smell was coming from. It was awful.

A drain tube from some device was dripping from wherever from the ceiling in the bathroom into the bathroom sink!!!

The next day we were packed and ready to cut our stay of 5 days short to that one night. The new owner met me on the sidewalk snapped at me, and stomped back in her door. No apology, no questions, no nothing.

This place used to be great and I was so excited to be back. NEVER AGAIN. Just goes to show you that one generation does not learn from the previous one. I hope this young woman pulls her act together or this place will be empty long enough to send her into bankruptcy.

She did agree to give us all of our money back including the night we stayed there because we had no place else to go. What a shame, even the beauty of the north woods was ruined by this terrible experience.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Cheeseheadonwheels55
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We just returned from a great stay at Four Season's resort! The cabin that we stayed in (River's Edge) was beautiful and VERY clean. I am a really picky person when it comes to cleaniness and this cabin was spotless! It has a very modern decor and we loved the fact that it had a dishwasher, fridge with icemaker and best of all (for those that have children) a washer & dryer! Not that I wanted to do laundry on vacation, but with two kids it certainly made it easier having this option and not having to pack as many clothes. My daughter loved the bunk beds and having her own "kids room". The cabin was very tastefully decorated and had a cabin feel...even walking in you could smell the wood of the cabin. The cabin is located on the Namakagon River and is great if you want to get away from the busy boating traffic on the lake. We also had great access to get on our bikes and be able to bike the road that borders the lake. Nightly the ducks came right up to the deck of our cabin to be fed. Our kids loved it! We also enjoyed having the windows open and it being absolutely quiet! At times I couldn't even tell if the windows were even open. The lodge was within walking/biking distance and we really enjoyed stopping there in the early evenings. They have a great yard and beach area for the kids to swim. The kids loved the swings and playhouse and we enjoyed a game of bean bags. We also enjoyed fishing off of our own private dock at our cabin. It was perfect for when our kids were napping as we were close enough to the cabin, but still able to get some fishing in. Amanda (the owner) did a great job and was very accomodating. She made us feel very welcome and made the check-in/check-out process so easy, even taking the time to go over my bill with me to show me the charges. Even before we stayed she was very prompt with returning my email inquiries and was nice enough to send an email after we departed thanking us for staying. The resort had a real nice family feel and I think is one of the best in the area. I even heard customers from other resorts who came into the lodge bar say they picked the wrong place to stay and next year they were coming to Four Seasons. Only thing that I would maybe not give 5 stars to was the beds, as we were pretty stiff and sore after spending a night in them. But I kind of expect that at most places. If you are looking for a real northwoods vacation, this cabin and resort are perfect! We can't wait to return next year!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Pak6669
Reviewed 25 July 2012

After spending a week in one of the properties here, I can happily say "stay here - you'll be so happy you did". Hubs, Sis and I stayed in the very clean 2-bedroom Rivers Edge cabin and hot damn, it was nice!

We have a comfy living room with satellite TV, free wifi, a full kitchen with dishwasher, a full laundry, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, a loft area with another bedroom, a private pier and perfect peace and quiet. Our place was recently built and the decor is "up north" classy. All of this bliss comes at a lower price than other resorts are advertising for condo units. Screw that, I don't want to hear other peoples irritating kids running around all day. We brought our own paper producers and food but other than that, this place is move in ready!

If you don't want a full cabin there are a few lodge rooms in the main building which are fairly basic. The lodge itself is beautiful and a nice spot to stop for a drink if you're out on the lake. There's a large sandy swimming beach and play area for the kids, and a big lawn with places to sit and chill. Four Seasons is a pet friendly resort, with a reasonable pet fee and a very friendly yellow lab to chase tennis balls all day.

Stay here - you'll be so happy you did!

Room Tip: Get a cabin - the lodge rooms are basic.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family