“Snowmobile trip” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Staudemeyer's Four Seasons Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cable
Staudemeyer's Four Seasons Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cable
Madison, WI
“Snowmobile trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Just got home from a snowmobile trip to Four Seasons. Our cabin was clean and welcoming with a fire going in the fireplace when we got there.

Amanda set us up with some suggestions on places to ride and even went with us for one day. Not having to follow maps when we got out of the area was great! Thanks for the help! The lake and local trails are marked really good with signs and distance markers.

A night cap at Four Seasons after a day of riding and home to enjoy the cabin. We ate out a few nights (try Garmisch!) and cooked in the cabin. Breakfast was at the cabin and lunch on the trail.

Thanks for another great stay! See you in August!

Room Tip: Book early to get the cabin you want!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AmandaJean1105, Owner at Staudemeyer's Four Seasons Resort, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Thank for the great review! Glad you enjoyed your winter stay up here! 16 more inches of snow fell since you left! Looking forward to seeing you in the summer!

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Always love staying at Four Seasons! We stayed in the lodge room this trip. Very nice, clean, and great location! Very affordable and always a fun place to land at night after a day of riding snowmobiles! Four Seasons is always our first choice up north!

• Stayed January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AmandaJean1105, Owner at Staudemeyer's Four Seasons Resort, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Megan,
Thanks for your review! I'm happy that we were able to provide you with lodging that fit your current needs and schedule! I'm so glad that you and Kevin have been able to enjoy the trails up here this year! Looking forward to your next stay at Four Seasons!
Thank you again!
Amanda
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stay at Four Seasons every year for snowmobiling and we absolutely love the place! We very much enjoy visiting with Amanda and appreciate her bartending skills! I know we will continue to visit every year, and in fact, we are going back this month (February) for another trip! :)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

AmandaJean1105, Owner at Staudemeyer's Four Seasons Resort, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Thanks Tricia! Looking forward to having you guys back in a few weeks and again in the summer!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Cabin was perfect for our groups snowmobiling trip. The trails in the area are perfect with many stops to visit along the way. With the lodge being the perfect place to settle in for the night. I can't wait to make it back up there.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AmandaJean1105, Owner at Staudemeyer's Four Seasons Resort, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Aaron,
Thank you for your review! I'm glad to hear that your recent stay at Four Seasons provided an enjoyable experience! Your review means so much to Four Seasons and we can't thank you enough for taking the time to share your review with the TripAdvisor community.

Thank you and looking forward to your next trip
Amanda
Minnetonka, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

My family has stayed all over the lake for more than 40 years. We did not make it up to the area for several years as our hobbies went in a different direction. Snowmobile racing took over our trail riding time and efforts. In the past few seasons, we are getting more and more back into trail riding. I found myself drawn back to the cable area. I was very pleased that my memories of the area were still all intact. We stayed at Four Seasons. As in the past, we were more than happy with our stay. We have stayed with Amanda every time since we found our way back. I have not had any other reason to look elsewhere. I even proposed to my wife in one of the cabins over the fourth of July weekends a few years ago.

A great place, with a great host.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KangasRacing75
AmandaJean1105, Owner at Staudemeyer's Four Seasons Resort, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Brent and Tracy,
Thank you for your review and loyalty to Four Seasons! I look forward to making your future stays here grow in enjoyability! Snowmobile conditions are off to a great start, and I’m ready to see our beautiful trails taken advantage off! See you soon!
Thank you for your review!
Amanda Staudemeyer
Madison, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

I have grown up coming to Four Seasons with my family for the last twenty years. It's a joy to now vaction there with my husband and our children. I was very sadden to hear of Gary's passing a few years ago, but am thrilled with the work and commmitment that Amanda has shown for her business since she has taken over.

Over the years we have stayed in (or other travelers with us) nearly all of their cottages, but my favorite one is the Lakeside loft. Upon walking in you will find a stone floor and a massive fireplace. Each of the kitchens are complete with anything that you need to make a meal while you are there. The bedrooms are basic with beds, night stands and lamps, but who needs more when the cabin and outside provide so much more? The Lakeside loft has a large yard that leads down to your own dock on Lake Namekagon. There is woods on one side and the other has woods with a private cabin that people rarely visit. The cabin is log, and the remodel from a few years ago also leaves log decor on the inside.

Our cabin is always been impecably clean upon our arrival (a big plus to staying here)! The kitchen has lots of dishes, glasses, silverware amongst all the other necessities. We have more then enough room for our family of six - including my aging parents.

I will say that I realy miss having the restaurant on the property, but the lodge and improvements that have been made over the years slightly make up for the loss of the restaurant (which I think has been gone for 10-15 years!). There are plenty of other places to eat within a short drive and the lodge has frozen pizza for a quick fix. This year we enjoyed all the new wine that Four Seasons offered along with the newly added outdoor patio.

My husband and I are glad to keep up my families traditon and plan on returning for many years. We have recomended Four Seasons to many friends who have also been able to enjoy there time in 'paradise' as much as we do! Our reservations are booked for next year and are already looking forward to it!

Room Tip: Make sure to bring water toys for the kids!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

I had boasted about this place to my new husband. My late husband and kids and I had stayed there three times, years before when apparently the now owners parents had managed/owned the resort. The cabin we stay in then was clean, fresh, roomy and the meal at the restaurant was good. THIS TIME my new husband and I were put in the cottage closest to the bar. BIG MISTAKE

When we entered the cabin had a strong odor of Pine Sol...."oh great, they just cleaned the place" I thought. We looked around briefly put our bags down and headed for Bayfield to look around. When we got back, rather late... we discovered that the Pine Sol smell had disappated and it must have been there to cover up the smell of dead mice. We began to investiage. Under the bathroom sink was mold, mildew and rolls of TP that hadn't seen the light of day in years!!

The furnace room/closet is where the dead mice smell was coming from. It was awful.

A drain tube from some device was dripping from wherever from the ceiling in the bathroom into the bathroom sink!!!

The next day we were packed and ready to cut our stay of 5 days short to that one night. The new owner met me on the sidewalk snapped at me, and stomped back in her door. No apology, no questions, no nothing.

This place used to be great and I was so excited to be back. NEVER AGAIN. Just goes to show you that one generation does not learn from the previous one. I hope this young woman pulls her act together or this place will be empty long enough to send her into bankruptcy.

She did agree to give us all of our money back including the night we stayed there because we had no place else to go. What a shame, even the beauty of the north woods was ruined by this terrible experience.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Cheeseheadonwheels55
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cable
Comfort Suites
#18 of 35 in Hayward
The Riverside Motel
The Riverside Motel
#3 of 14 in Hayward

Been to Staudemeyer's Four Seasons Resort? Share your experiences!