“Terrible service and undercooked food” 1 of 5 bubbles

Burgundy
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Orlando, Florida
“Terrible service and undercooked food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

This is a very cute establishment but that's all I can say on the plus side. The place was freezing inside. There was only one or two waitresses and I kept hearing our waitress apologize to guests. The hostess ran around to help with the problems with food or lack of service and had people waiting to be seated.

I had to ask twice for my glass of wine. My husband and I both ordered the filet mignon - medium with garlic mashed potatoes. The meat came out not even rare and the potatoes were cold. We sent it back. Our waitress came out to apologize and then said that the "chef agreed" and would we accept a dessert on the house. We said yes.

Our steaks came out a bit later and was well-done. The potatoes were luke warm.

The free dessert was probably the best part of the meal!

This place didn't have enough staff on hand and the staff was not trained. Friendly and apologetic but had no clue how to handle things.

They really need someone with excellent restaurant management skills to come in and help them. If they would just do some of the basics this place could be a gem.

Visited October 2013

South Central Wisconsin
“Glad to See Another Effort in the Old Clay Market Cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Recent visit on the return trip from Door County. I wouldn't describe the the menu as a culinary adventure as it has been in the past, but what was served was fresh, thoughtfully prepared, and most importantly, delicious. Personally, I appreciate a smaller, well executed menu to a large one with mediocre (or worse) results.

Visited October 2013
Wauwatosa, WI
“Dinner with husband & sister”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

We had dinner here on 10/11/13.

I have a serious problem with gluten and always check out restaurants in advance.We walked into Burgundy without previewing their online menu since the one restaurant in Cambridge I had researched and settled on we couldn't find. I was very pleased to see that their menu featured Gluten Free items.

I had the shrimp appetizer and a Caesar Salad, both were very good. My sister had the salmon dinner and ate the whole thing, she was very pleased. Himself is a fish fry aficionado and loved the haddock Friday fish fry. We even split the Gluten Free flour less chocolate cake which was heavenly. The wine was very good. Could have had a better NA beer however, Kaliber by Guinness comes to mind.

The only off note is that they seemed understaffed. The wait staff was friendly, informative and pleasant but as the evening drew on we felt less well attended. The first floor dining area definitely could have used one more waiter and a bus person. There were only two wait staff that I could see.

The location is in a very old brick/stone house which gives it an interesting atmosphere. Having been in urban restoration in an old city in the past I enjoyed the repurposing of the building. The only odd note was the choice of tables and chairs which feels jarring since they are blond wood, more contemporary style, and don't blend in well with the darker tones in the rest of the room.

I'd come back but hope they add staff.

• Visited October 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

This restaurant has had a shaky start, with chefs entering and leaving through a revolving door. We were therefore, pleasantly surprised with our recent visit to the Burgundy. Along with some good friends who have a discerning palette, we decided to give it a try. Although the menu is small we all found something that interested us. Two of us had a T-bone steak -- something that you typically won't find on a menu. Two of us ordered the pork medalion with garlic mashed potato. We were all very very pleased with our dinners. Vegetables were perfectly cooked al dente and the steaks were all prepared as ordered. The finishing touch was the peach cobbler (made with fresh peaches)! Each couple shared an order but we all agreed that we were tempted to order seconds. Oh, and I didn't mention the great merlot that was served. Before we left, the owner visited with each table in the dining room to check on our dining experience. We are optimistic that this time they have nailed it. .

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
“Average meal with an over priced finish..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Small menu and average food. Service was slow and not extraordinary. Definitely over priced for the portion size you get. Best part was the salmon appetizer. Would likely not return.

• Visited August 2013