“Ok”
Review of German Haus - CLOSED

German Haus
Cuisines: German
Description: This is hands down the best German food you can find. It NEEDS to be on TripAdvisor! Thanks!
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Out of the way but close to I-90. Been there forever. Tired but the Bluff Burger (cole slaw topped with local fresh cheese) was perfect. Been on the menu for over seven decades. The sauerbraten was ok. Potato salad was weak. Red cabbage was very good. German chocolate cake was excellent. Waitress said the Black Forest cake has been off the menu for a long time. Probably a pretty quiet place. Lion Club meets here. The decor hasn't been changed forever. Not a lot of fine dining choices around. Ok place to stop.

Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Drink was weak. Cheesecurds tasted ok but we're only "warm". The house specialty burger was so messy that the bun was soggy before I got to the other half. Too much sauce. It fell apart multiple times. The meat itself was definitely frozen and warmed, not fresh ground beef. Flavor was poor. Service wasn't horrible.

Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Happened to see a sign for this while driving home from vacation. Was about dinner time, so we gave it a try. Glad we did. Jagerschnitzel and Pork Cordon Blu were both very good.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Stopped in today after visiting at nearby Mill Bluff State Park. Our waitress was very attentive with a friendly attitude. They had a decent selection of different beers. I enjoyed the Celebrator Dopplebock.

We ordered the bratwurst appetizer with mustard dipping sauce. Not something I would normally eat but it was tasty. I had the Wiener Schnitzel sandwich and my husband had the Reuben. Both were served with a good mayo/horseradish sauce on the side and I had a cup of applesauce served with my sandwich. This was the one disappointment that there were no sides with the sandwiches. (No fries, chips etc.) They could be ordered separately. For $7 for each sandwich, I didn't feel this was that big of a deal but others may disagree. Both sandwiches were very good, my schnitzel was particularly tender. We also shared a piece of German Chocolate cake that was so good!
For a small town, I thought this was a solid choice with fair prices.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Loved the ambiance, which was only exceeded by the great Bavarian menu. Service was absolutely superb.