“Amazing Steaks!”

Price range: US$0 - US$12
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I am a vegetarian but I allow myself to eat one meat meal a quarter and this is always the place I go to do that. They have the best garlic steaks ever! The entrée is big I usually get at least 2 meals out of it. Also try the garlic mashed potatoes. Make sure to go early or you will be waiting awhile.

1  Thank Kellie B
There are newer reviews for Farmstead

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Midwest Living Magazine Suggested this restaurant. We were looking for a good steak, so decided to try it. The article warned us to come early. W e arrived probably at the worst time, but the hour wait was worth it. My wife ordered the petite filet. I ordered the beef tenderloin w/asparagus, hollandaise sauce, garlic mashed potatoes, and french onion soup. It was all top notch. We live about an hour and a half away, but we'll be back (with a little earlier arrival).

2  Thank ret5000
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My wife and I shared an early Christmas present by going down to Cedarburg, WI and stayed at the Washington House Inn (see previous review from March 2013..it only gets better) for the weekend. While down there, we had the benefit of hitting a few local favorites. The Farmstead was one of those. They say it is a wait (which is VERY accurate) so we headed there early and shared a glass of wine and really enjoyed the festive atmosphere. We found it to be very romantic and enjoyable. Additionally, the service was very prompt and knowledgeable. You can tell that there staff is well trained and has longevity. Now to there food. My wife had the Black and Blue Steak with Garlic Mashed potatoes, and I had the Tenderloin with Garlic Mashed. We were both pleasantly surprised at how wonderful they were. The meat was aged CAB, and it melted in your mouth. The steamed veggies were also worth noting. They had just the right amount of crispness and seasonings. I have to admit, we both cleared our plates!
The one downside for the Farmstead, they don't take reservations. With the quality and value, they don't need to. Excellent meal.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Found this cute restaurant on Tripadvisor. High quality food. Great decor. Small seating area creates a long wait time, but it is 100% worth it. Can't wait to eat here again!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I read the reviews on TripAdvisor and settled on this Restaurant because people raved about the food here, and we were not disappointed. The filet with the garlic mashed potatoes is excellent! My friend and I each ordered the filet. I had mine with the crab legs (surf & turf) The crab was ok-the filet- exceptional! I will definitely come back as the service was also great. As others before me mentioned though, make sure to get here between 5 and 5:20pm before the crowd hits. (We were there on Friday night at 5:10-perfect timing!

1  Thank carolecare