All reviewswine and cheesesocial hourwinery tourgathering roomwhirlpool tubcedar creek wineryfresh fruitbed and breakfastcaramel applebreakfast was deliciouswithin walking distancecocktail hourgift certificatecoffee cakerelaxing getawayheart of downtownstep back in time
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Its a very good BnB. Offers everything that the website/reviews promise.

The staff is friendly and efficient. The location is excellent, right in the middle of downtown Cedarburg...walking distance from all the shops, restaurants, pubs etc.

The rooms are slightly old, but that adds to the charm and gives it that historic feel. Something to keep in mind about connecting rooms...the sounds are pretty loud and that can be annoying...ask for a room that doesn't connect if you're renting just one room.

Make the most of your stay!

Oh and I would definitely go back again!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We had a very nice weekend getaway in Cedarburg. The Washing Inn was very nice and has a great location. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We have gone to stay at the Washington House Inn every year for our anniversary and we LOVE it there. The rooms are very comfy and quaint. We look forward to the wine and cheese hour and we LOVE the homemade breakfasts too! This really is a great place to stay and pretty affordable, given the history of the place. We are in our early 30's and we highly recommend this place to other people, regardless of age

Room Tip: We have stayed in a bunch of different rooms....rustic and victorian. I like the Victorian room feel more. The room we just stayed in, room 303, had stained glass windows and tall ceilings, and a very relaxing double sunken whirlpool tub!
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We stayed for one night for a special getaway. I have been going to Cedarburg since I was a child but I have never really immersed myself in the historical downtown Cedarburg area. It was amazing!

The Washington House Inn was perfect. Check-in was fast and easy. The people at the inn are beyond friendly. When we got to our room, we were in shock! We upgraded to a bigger king bed loft suite. Worth every penny! Had everything we needed and more...2 fireplaces, 2 tv's, amazing whirlpool tub, and such distinct charm. Everything was extremely clean. I am very funny about germs and cleanliness and this was probably the first place that I have stayed in, Bed and Breakfast or hotel, where I felt 110% comfortable walking around barefoot, didn't feel the need to check the sheets, etc. The bed was beyond comfortable and I didn't want to go home!

The wine/cheese hour from 5-6 was such a treat! Had wonderful appetizers and Cedar Creek Winery wine. So nice! The complimentary breakfast was another wonderful touch with great options to choose from.

The charm at this place is amazing and I cannot wait to go back. The location is great and within walking distance of so much. Definitely check out the Cedar Creek Winery and Silver Creek Brewery. Both very fun! The local bar, Easy Street, around the corner, is a fun little place to relax, have a beer, and watch a game also.

Cannot wait to plan another romantic weekend getaway to the Washington House Inn!

Room Tip: The Emil Herziger (not sure of spelling of last name of room)...room 218. AMAZING! Worth the upgrade.
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I have yet another rave review for Washington House Inn. My husband and I spent a Friday night in Cedarburg and our stay was wonderful. The atmosphere was so relaxing and the staff was incredibly attentive. Our room was cozy and comfortable, despite the smaller size - I loved the sheets on the bed! We had a glass of wine and snacks at their 5pm cocktail hour; they put a pretty nice spread out and offered local wines. We wandered around Cedarburg and did some shopping, had some dinner and saw a movie - everything was within walking distance which made for an even more relaxing experience. The breakfast in the morning was delicious as well. I'm gluten free so I couldn't indulge in any of the incredible looking pastries, but they offered a lot of options that I could enjoy as well - they even had gluten free bread available!

Washington House Inn, and Cedarburg, were the perfect combination for a lovely evening away.

Room Tip: Our room looked over the parking lot; did not have any problems with noise at all.