“Pleasant lunch”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Wakefield, Rhode Island
“Pleasant lunch”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

My sister and I spent a day exploring Cedarburg and chose this restaurant based on a recommendation from one of her daughters-in-law. It proved to be a good choice. Post-Labor Day, there was not much of a crowd. Wanting to save room for desert, we chose salads. Mine was the Cedar Creek Salad: spinach, chicken, apples, walnuts, grapes, and cheddar cheese (substituted for the bleu). It came with a balsamic vinaigrette. Sister chose the Colonial Garden: lettuce, cauliflower, carrots, cucumber, tomato, mushrooms, green peppers, cheddar and Swiss cheese and sprouts. We agreed the portions were just right; we also agreed that the accompanying french bread was disappointing. Rather than a crusty bread, it was squishy and ordinary. The featured desert crepe had caught our eye, and after looking over the menu we opted for it. The only question was one each or share. We decided to share. Wrapped inside the crepe were two scoops of seriously delicious raspberry ice cream. On top were whipped cream and drizzled chocolate sauce. Turns out the ice cream was Cedarburg brand; good thing I live 1,200 miles away. After lunch, we were ready to explore the historic Settlement housing the restaurant and lots of fun shops

• Visited September 2013

North Branch, Michigan
“Really good place to eat lunch.”
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

I have has lunch here twice and both times it was really good. The second time I decided I had to try the cherry crepe for dessert. It was fantastic.

• Visited June 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Small portions leave room for dessert.”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We visited on a chilly and overcast July day, but the restaurant was quite full. The reason why became apparent -- the food is quite good. I had a ham and cheese sandwich that cost less than $6, which was an appropriate price as it was about a half sandwich. The bread was excellent. My husband had the special of the day which was a seafood crepe with shrimp and faux crabmeat with a curry sauce. He said it was different and interesting and cleaned his plate. He was not full either, when he finished, so we both had crepe desserts. He had the Winding Way dessert crepe with chocolate and peanut butter and I had the Apple Blossom dessert with vanilla ice cream, hot apples, whipped cream and cinnamon. Both were excellent. The service was prompt and efficient. I would definitely return, but probably just get two of the dessert crepes!

The restaurant is in an old mill that has been converted to an indoor mall of boutiques. We sat at a table overlooking the creek and had a scenic view.

• Visited July 2013
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States
“Just OK”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

The crepes were nothing special. The chocolate moose was good but over filled the crepe.
I saw a stack of crepes wrapped on a plate while passing the kitchen area which told me they were not fresh. Don't need to return, one time is enough.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Lori K
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Relaxing stop.”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

The food was very good tasting. My wife ordered a half salad and one crepe. The portions are very generous and the taste was flavorful. I have IBS and need to be very careful when dining out. Ordered the ham and swiss on french bread which normally is a safe choice. Not IBS friendly.

Visited July 2013