“Maybe the Best Pizza I've EVER had....”

Caddy Shack Bar & Grill
Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in Chetek
Cuisines: American
Description: (715) 859-6211
Description: (715) 859-6211
50onthego
“Maybe the Best Pizza I've EVER had....”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We somewhat accidentally ended up here yesterday in search of something different to see/do. I remembered seeing Caddy Shack at a recent trip to the nearby golf course. It had looked intriguing at the time, so we decided to stop by for a beer and check out the food options.

We ended up having the BEST time we've had at a venue of this type in years! They had a band (The Gators) playing on their adorable tiki hut designed patio. The band was great, and it was such a friendly crowd in attendance! Everyone was having a great time. The place was packed.

We saw a pizza go by our table and decided, very trepidatiously, to order it. Pizza in these Northwood parts is generally awful compared to back in the cities.

The pizza....oh my gosh...the pizza....I won't say any more. I would just be gushing.

Suffice it to say, when we return, we'll have the pizza again and again and again. I will never find out what the quality is of anything else on their menu. Don't need to. Don't want to. Don't care.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank 50onthego

Peoria, Illinois
“Best pizza!”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Not only is it best pizza for Chetek, WI, but also might be the best you've had. Nice outdoor patio also.

• Visited June 2012
“Best pizza in the area.”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I like this best for takeout- call ahead. Inside very much a bar. The patio dining is fine on a nice night. Pizza is thin crust, crisp and outstanding.

Visited July 2012
Illinois
“Pizza!”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We It was nice to have some choices in Pizza. The crust was crispy! We loved the alfredo pizza and the pineapple and canadian bacon pizza. Outside atmosphere is nice, but nothing special.

• Visited July 2012
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Pizza...Pizza...Pizza (actually, all their food is pretty darn good)”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This is located at a funky (but fun) little 9-hole golf course (I think ownership is separate) - nice people - we invariably strike up a conversation with folks next to us at the bar - but they're famous for their pizza (my wife raves, I'm not a pizza person), which has been renowned in the vacation area for years, known as Pokagema Inn Pizza. Even when we golf elsewhere in the area, we'll route our way home to come through here for a beverage and food on the deck, watching the sunset.

• Visited May 2012