“Sweet Cafe”

Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Chetek
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, German
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: American & german restaurant, traditional greek dishes, home made gyros & tzatziki,meat shop, all grilling needs available, home made brats, steaks cut to order, seasonings, home made steak garlic butter, meat box specials, camp fire wood for sale FREE WIFI
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stopped in for lunch based on other reviews, and were quite pleased with our experience. The place was clean and the owner, Patty, is as sweet a person as can be. She chatted with us and shared the story of how her German-born husband ended up in Wisconsin. It is truly unbelievable, but I won't spoil it for you. This is a story you need to hear firsthand. My husband had the buffalo burger and I had the grass fed Angus burger. Both were quite good. The topper though, was the homemade bean soup. Now, you must know, I do not like soup, I do not eat soup, I do not make soup at home. But my husband is a soup eater, and he took one spoonful and declared it undeniably one of the best soups he had ever tasted. So, I couldn't resist. WOW.....before I knew it, I was asking for two bowls to go. One for each of us. That is how we got talking to Patty, and had a completely enjoyable lunch. We will definitely stop back again whenever we are in the area at lunch time!

3  Thank CountryLover25

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We love the Chetek Cafe. The food is always excellent. The owners, Norbert and Patty take great pride in their restaurant, always making sure everything is perfect. The German and American dishes are both delicious. Be sure to try the breakfast buffet on the weekends. You won't be disappointed.

2  Thank Joe-Kathy-L
Reviewed 5 August 2014

we made the mistake of waiting till the last day of vacation to eat there, WONDERFUL food and great owners!!!! This is a gem in the town!!!! Don't pass up the german food here!

2  Thank Tracy O
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Read some reviews about the Chetek Cafe, and was expecting some Special German food for then Buffet. Some scrambled eggs with peppers, or scrambled eggs with cheese. Yes..homemade sausage PATTIES not overly spiced with a bit too much onion. The bacon was good...it could have been cooked a bit more...for my taste...Then some cottage fried potatoes ..some buscuits and 2 kinds of gravy...one with mushrooms,, the other looked to be a country gravy...There was a warmer with 2 small pancakes that looked like they had been there for the past hour. Next on the table was an Angelfood cake baked in a small round and cut up in 2 x 2" pieces. To go with this was a bowl of canned peaches and frozen and defrosted strawberries....If you wanted some toast, you had to cook your own.....No Fresh fruit, No pastries, NOTHING really German...nor even exciting American food..... Not worth the 60 mile drive....

4  Thank jbc930
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband and I are locals and make this restaurant a regular stop. My husband is from Germany and the food here is authentic and excellent. We have tried just about everything on the menu. My favorite is the Gypsy Roast that appears on the buffets for Easter and Mother's Day. We eat here often and bring our visitors. The service is friendly and restaurant is clean.

3  Thank Bev C