“Good Pool for Kids”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Chippewa Falls
Mokena, Illinois
“Good Pool for Kids”
Reviewed 12 August 2010

The pool is the best thing about this hotel. It is heated. There is an Adult area, a hot tub, a water slide, and a baby pool area with a waterfall and slide.
Our room was clean. I checked it out pretty good after some mediocre reviews on here.
Most of the staff were teenagers and when we asked the best thing to do in town we were told to go to a movie :) They were also a little slow in figuring out how to check us in.
The hotel has 2 floors, but no elevator. If you don't want to be lugging kids and stuff up stairs, ask for a first floor room.

The bathrooms are TINY. Very tiny. The climate control was terrible, and the beds were hard and lumpy. The continental breakfast was OK. The place is a bit of a drive from downtown and non-fast food places to eat, but we did ok.

We ate up the street at Dana's (awesome) and did the Leinekugel stop. We were there on a Sunday and just about everything else was closed.

We tried to stay at Glen Loch or Indian Head but they were both booked. This was the only hotel in town with openings on a Sunday night for a 2 bed room. If I was in Chippewa Falls again, I'd stay here only if the other places were booked.

Also, this place is in the heart of Dairy County... yet the butter and milk served at the continental breakfast all had a Texas company on them. I thought it was amusing that everywhere we went in Central Wisconsin was serving Sysco products from Texas. I thought "buying local" would be more popular in farm country.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank RobynK31
David M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you...

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Sussex, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 August 2010

I had a hard time reviewing the Americinn. I didn't want to grade it down too much because it was nicely furnished, relatively clean with comfortable beds. My only room feature issues were that the first towel I used that was hanging on the rack was stained and torn. It looked as though it was used as a rag and mistakenly put out as a hand towel. This didn't bug me all that much, an honest mistake. The only other drawback was the incredibly small bathroom. It required almost straddling the toilet to close the door. Again, really no big deal for a temporary stay as the bathroom was clean.

Here is where it is tough to review. The hotel appears geared to families and kids as there is a great pool with slide that would definately attract that type of boarder. Now I don't mind or blame children... but I do mind parents that seem to feel it unnecessary to teach their children how to behave in a hotel. The noise in our hall was beyond anything I have ever experienced. Kids running up and down the halls, screaming and slamming doors well past 10:30 p.m. and as early as 6 a.m. There was no peace and quiet in this hotel.

So I guess I would tell you that if you traveling with your children and you like to let them do whatever they want with no regard for others, then stay there... you will be in good company. However, if you like to relax and unwind when you return to your hotel in the evening, I would strongly advise another hotel choice.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Suz_777
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 27 July 2010

My only complaint was that the sink and tub drained super slow. I forgot to mention it before we left so I'm not sure if that was 'normal' there or if it was just our room. 1-year-old and 9-year-old both liked the pools. There was a small 'baby' pool with a baby slide and a medium sized pool with a slide (slide has certain hours and I noticed it is not always on during those hours) and a little bit bigger pool with a basketball hoop. Rooms were comfortable, A/C worked good, fridge was good sized to store gallon of milk and leftovers for kids. Also very nice that there is plenty of fast food choices right across the street. We just walked over there. Grocery store right across the street too. Breakfast was typical complimentary breakfast but satisfied us until lunch.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank ezimmerman08
wisconsin
Reviewed 23 February 2010

when we reserved our rooms we were told it would have both a microwave and frige, got there no micrwave, with haven a baby we need one for bottle warming then when i took down the sheets there was BLACK hair on nthe sheets and blankets were soiled, the bathroom also had black hair on floor, dirt and god only knows what was on the floor by the beds, besides it seemed theses beds were not a true queen more like a double, kids loved the water park , think twice before u go !!!!! u could hear quite abit of noice from others around ya , not good

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank wizmom
Sorry...
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 April 2009

My kids and I loved this hotel. We stayed for a short time but it felt like home. The staff was very friendly, the hotel was clean and the breakfast was yummy. My kids loved the pool with the water slide and toddler climbing area. We will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
LaCrosse
Reviewed 12 April 2009

Here's my review in a nutshell: I liked it for a family trip & would return. We had 3 families and all of us were happy. It's not the easiest hotel to find. The outside needs some updating. The rooms were appropriately clean. Good beds. We didn't hear noise from rooms above or next door. The bathroom was incredibly small (think rv/camper). The breakfast was AWESOME with yogurt, cereal, waffles, egg patties, etc. (That alone saved $20-$30 for per family for breakfast.) They also allowed dogs for an extra fee. Some of our family received free passes to work out at the YMCA - I thought that was nice perk. The "waterpark" is definitely for young children. 1 tiny slide - maybe 10 feet high. When the slide was open a lifeguard was intermittantly watching. The regular pool is very small but we were happy. The pool temperature was NICE (I'm a wimp) but the chlorine gave my daughter a rash - however she often gets rashes from pools. The hotel's surrounding area has a k-mart, grocery store, walgreens, mcD's, etc. so adults were able to get any food we wanted. I would return to this hotel again & recommend to friends with young children.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 1 November 2005

I recently stayed at the AmericInn Chippewa Falls for a business trip. The hotel's location was good - surrounded by your choice of fast food (McDonald's, Arbys, KFC, Wendy's, & Subway). Walgreen's and a grocery store are also very close to the hotel. The hotel staff was friendly and the lobby looked comfortable and well decorated. I asked for a room on the second floor with jacuzzi tub, however, the hotel seemed fairly booked so my request was not fulfilled - my fault, I should have called beforehand. The room was fairly spacious and had many television stations to choose from. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. The 'continental breakfast' is a lot more than that - belgian waffles, coffee, juice, cereal, fruit, yogurt, muffins, donuts, etc, etc. Plan on eating breakfast there - it is free and good. The lobby is also a great place to sit and relax while eating. The pool seemed nice, though I did not actually go in. Kids would probably love it.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Chippewa Falls - it seemed to be the nicest of all the options.

• Stayed October 2005, travelled on business
3 Thank briehl01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chippewa Falls
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls, WI
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Chipp...
#4 of 10 in Chippewa Falls
Hampton Inn & Suites Chippewa Falls
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Eau Claire North
Best Western Plus Eau Claire Conference Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Eau Claire Chippewa Falls

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls? Share your experiences!