“Always our first choice!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Chippewa Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
“Always our first choice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

My family loves to stay at the Country Inn & Suites! We have stayed for mini get aways or have had our childrens birthday parites here. We love everything about it! The staff, from Management to Housekeeping is always extremely friendly and accomodating. The rooms are always clean and very comfortable. The pool and hot tub are our favorites! The entire area is very spacious and both the hot tub and pool are quite large. The area is always clean, warm, and full of towels. Let's talk about the free breakfast. It is awesome! It's always fresh, delicious, and has such a variety! The seating area for breakfast feels like home. Everything about the Country Inn & Suites keeps us coming back... and the tasty cookies that are always stocked fresh in the lobby can't be beat!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CountryInnChip, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you so much for this review!! We are very excited to see local friends reviewing our property and giving us the thumbs up! Country Inns & Suites tagline is "We Love This Country" and our tagline is "We Love This Community". We have such a rich heritage here in Chippewa Falls that we share with travellers from all over the world. But we also encourage our local friends to use us as a 'mini getaway' like you do. Everyone needs a break now and then, and you don't have to go very far to relax and have someone else pamper you! Thank you for your review and for giving us the opportunity to serve our wonderful hometown friends!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I simply love this hotel, it always feels to me when I come back, that "I've come home ". This hotel is always updating and refreshing this fine location. Upon entering and checking in, I have always been greeted and welcomed with kindness and happiness, it is always obvious to me that the people who work in this hotel, truly enjoy their jobs. Did I mention the cookies always available at the front desk and fresh coffee waiting for me whenever I pass through the lobby? The breakfast that is served here is so delicious with everything to warm your tummy and always leaving you filled. They change the selections daily which makes for a fun breakfast. The breakfast room is spotless and I have always received excellent service, with a "Good Morning and how are you doing and can I get you anything?."...WONDERFUL service ! The rooms as you enter them, you are greeted with a fresh smell of clean, tastefully decorated . The beds, one of my favorite parts......the mattresses are unlike any other hotel mattresses, full, soft and yet supportive, delightful, The pillows are amazing, fluffly and comfortable and then there is the quilts and coverlets, like icing on the cake ! All providing you with the best night sleep ever . The pool, clean, bright and not overly chemicaled. Gentle on your skin and your eyes. Clean towels are always available making your pool time easy and fun. Even the housekeepers are friendly, greeting you again with a "Good Morning".
I worked for a major airline and have traveled all over the world, the only bed that was as comfortable as these was a big fluffy bed and quilts in Austria, but this is so much closer and easier to get to ! All in all this is by far my most favorite hotel in the US...who would have thought , that sweet little town of Chippewa Falls Wi, would have such a delightful hotel to visit......FIVE SHINING STARS!!!!

Room Tip: Views are not what make this hotel what it is, it is the heart of the hotel which brings such comfor...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CountryInnChip, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I don't even know what else to say. How do I follow a review like that?

We DO love our jobs and it is because of guests like you who brighten our days with amazingly kind words like this. This is exactly why we do what we do, and why we work so hard to ensure that every guest feels this way when they leave our hotel. Come and see us again in the fall when we will be completely renovated; a brand new hotel!!
Durand, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

The hotel was quite nice. Staff was friendly, breakfast was very good, room was clean, halls did not stink. The hotel was quiet, and the bed/room chair was comfortable. There are recycling bins in the rooms. However, when I booked the room online the rate was listed at around $70 before fees and tax, and when I checked in I was charged about $10 more.

Room Tip: The parking lot seemed full, and I had a room on the first floor near the outer wall, and it was qui...
Green Features: There are bins for recycling and bins for garbage, as well as the bathroom door being closed when the room isn't occupied so the hot/cool air doesn't escape through the vent. They have cards that allow you to indicate whether or not you need towels replaced.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CountryInnChip, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. I am exremely happy to hear the great things you said about my staff and that you appreciated all we do for our environment. We will take another look at how we list our donation ratecode. It is the only way that we can build these packages for our Country Inn CARES fundraiser and in the past it has been very successful. I will be looking at all of the 3rd party websites to be sure that they are respresenting the rate correctly as well. I apologize for the miscommunication.

I very much appreciate the opportunity our fabulous guests like you give me to fix situations that arise. We can't wait to see you again, and if you come in the fall we will be FULLY RENOVATED, we have already started and we are so excited with what we have seen so far!
La Crosse, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

A few days ago I made an online reservation at the rate quoted. I took the printout when I checked in to this hotel...and was told that WAS NOT the real rate...it was about $17 higher. Despite my online booking I was told the hotel was conducting a "fundraiser" and charged the customer more because of that...although the online reservation system is not clear on that. Finally after discussioning this with the desk clerk I decided to stay someplace else. That was very difficult because there were state hockey meets going on there and hotels were full. Finally i did find a very nice Holiday Inn Express; their staff was very professional, and the rate was even lower than Country Inn & Suites. Manager wrote me a snipy email saying I didn't read the email correctly...and some other smart-aleck remarks. Sufficite it so say I am done with Carlson Inn & Suites

Room Tip: DON'T STAY. The place looks dirty and rundown. On the front door there is a terrible-looking mes...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LSE-FLYER
CountryInnChip, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Our 7th Annual Country Inn CARES is being held again on the first Saturday in November. This year the proceeds are being donated to The Christmas Village at Irvine Park. This local tradition has been providing our community with a beautiful park full of lights and Christmas cheer for decades.

Every year we give our guests a break on our normal room rate if they help us to collect items for our silent auction. The name of this rate is "Donate a Giftcard and Save 20%". It runs from March 1st to April 30th. Anyone who books online can choose that rate if they want, the "rate details" tab explains that they are to bring a giftcard valued at $15.00 or more to recieve that deeply discounted rate. When they book, we also send them a secondary email explaining this. We try very hard to communicate to the guest exactly what this rate is for and why we are doing it.

I very much apologize that this was an issue and we will work on ways to better communicate this to our guests. If someone has a problem with this rate, we offer to change it to our normal rate, and of course, we will never force anyone to stay when they are upset and wanting to leave. I am glad that you were able to find accommodations that you were happy with. We work with the Holiday Inn Express, it is a very nice property and they are very nice people as well.
Taylor, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

I has a company Christmas party and my employer paid for this hotel room for me, so price wasn't a issue for me. The room was comfortable, spacious, and clean. Staff was friendly. Breakfast the next morning was included. There was a wide variety of food choices, including scrabbled eggs with diced ham, and make your own waffles, it was very nice. Enjoyed the hot tub also after my Christmas party. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CountryInnChip, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. Christmas parties are always fun for us. We just love hosting things like this! We look forward to seeing your group again next year and you will be surprised how we have changed. We are to begin our $1.1 million renovation in the next month or so! It is so very exciting for us, and we can't wait for our guests to see it! Here's to a fun and eventful 2014!!
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were looking for a room to sleep 6 and had a hard time finding something in the price we wanted to pay but the room was bigger then expected. The pool was very nice. The cheese and cracker at night were great. The breakfast was everything you could want. shopping close by. yes i leave my husband with the kids and shop when i can.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CountryInnChip, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thank you!! We had a good chuckle when we read this. Who doesn't love to leave the kids and take a shopping day for yourself!? My staff and I can completely relate.

You hit on all the points that we try to convey here at Country Inn. We are always looking to improve our breakfast and I believe we have the best complimentary breakfast anywhere around. Our Monday-Thursday evening snack is going over great! We are doing a full renovation this fall and spring so we are very much looking forward to having brand new rooms and exterior!!

We do all of this so that we can hear wonderful comments like this and keep families like yours coming back. Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to review us, we really appreciate it!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

It has been years since we stayed here last. Our experience was so poor last time (treated pooly by staff) that we were sent a complimentary night stay and never used it. So I was nervous staying here this time. But we were greeted by a very nice lady upon check in and had wonderful service throughout our stay. I work in training and development in Hospitality, so service is a big one to me. I can honestly say that the service exceeded my expectations and was a pleasant surprise! Kudos to the Chippewa Falls managers and staff!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
CountryInnChip, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
This is truly amazing to hear! I thank you so much for giving our hotel another chance. A lot of people would not have. But if there is anything I have learned over the years that I have been here, its that making things right immediately is a MUST and if you can do that, and impress on the next visit, you will have a guest for life. I hope that you will now be our guest for life as well!! We thank you so much for your review and for giving us the opportunity to show you how this hotel really operates. We love our guests!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chippewa Falls
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls
Hampton Inn & Suites Chippewa Falls
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Eau Claire North
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Eau Claire
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Eau Claire
BEST WESTERN PLUS Eau Claire Conference Center

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls? Share your experiences!