“Renovation in Progess”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Chippewa Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stay Time: 2 nights, July 25-26;
Cleanliness & Odors: Newly renovated room and furnishings; Heavy paint smell, which will disappear in a few more days;
Service & Staff: Very friendly and courteous;
Sleep Quality & Beddings: Clean and new; Slept well;
Area Location: Easy access to all area activities;
Rooms- Location and Noise: Top floor, non-highway side; Heater fan was quiet; If present, can hear walking in hallways; If problem, try to get room furthest away from pool;
Breakfast Quality/Quantity: Large variety and cleanly served; Sometimes fruit and cookies available 24/7;

Room Tip: Top floor furthest from indoor swimming pool;
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
CountryInnChip, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Thank you so much for your review. I love the matter-of-fact nature of it! I would agree with all of your recommendations and I am very much hoping that the renovation smell will disappear in those newly constructed rooms sooner than later. This is a very large undertaking and we will be like a new build when its all done. Again, we very much appreciate you taking the time to do this. We hope to see you in October when the renovation is complete!!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The rooms were a nice size. 2 queen beds. Fridge ,microwave,hair dryer. The iron was nice and worked very well to touch up some clothes for the next day. They put out granola bars for you to grab if you don't have time for breakfast. Which is a nice touch.They also had out a soft baked granola bar instead of cookies that they were trying out,My aunt said it was very good (I can't eat chocolate so didn't try it) The breakfast was what you expect at this hotel chain. All in all a nice place. It is out of the way a bit,but a short drive away you can find everything you need

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
CountryInnChip, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you so much for this review! I am so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy all the little things we do to make each and every guest feel at home. We do have a wonderful breakfast, but like you said, some people don't have time to stop and eat. We want to make sure we have something for them as well! Also, the oatmeal bars we were trying out come in 3 other flavors, this week we tested Lemon-Blueberry and they were outstanding! Hopefully you can try one the next time you are here. Again, we very much appreciate our guests coming here to Trip Advisor and letting others know about their wonderful experiences!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I travel a lot and this hotel is the nicest in the area even before the remodel they are going thru. The new rooms are very nice they have flat screen TV's, the showers are VERY nice. The staff is very accommodating. Look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
CountryInnChip, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you so much for this great review! We are extremely proud of our hotel and cannot wait for the remodel to be done so we can showcase our hard work to everyone. Look for all rooms to be completed by October 2014. And we will look forward to seeing you again next time. We love having you with us!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We were tired and looking for a place to sleep. Usually this chain is good so we payed the high price to get a room without looking further. It was the highest price we payed in a week of hotels. They gave us a second floor room without telling us they had no elevator. Hallways were dirty and paint was everywhere. The lobby looked ok, but once you got beyond the lobby, it was a mess.
Our room was one of the newly remodeled and the bathroom was redone very cheaply. You couldn't reach the toilet paper while sitting on the commode. They has pulled out the tub and put in plastic looking tile.
Breakfast was OK but it was a small room with lots of people fighting for the food.
I think if they had treated us better, I wouldn't have minded the problems, but the clerk was a little rude and short. I had looked the price up before we got there and the first price he quoted was well above the internet price, then he came down after we didn't look excited about it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
CountryInnChip, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

We are so very sad to hear that your experience was not what you expected here. I apologize! First I would like to say that I am so glad that you have loyalty to Country Inns and Suites, we are a fabulous brand with a great vision. Second, this full exterior and interior remodel has been very challenging for us, especially since it has gone on through our busy tourism season. We stopped renovation (right in the middle) to get through our Country Fest and Rock Fest Event weekends and so there were parts of our hotel that didn't look as great as they should have, and for that I apologize. We just didn't want to disturb our guests with construction during those busy times. I would ask you to please try us again in October when our full renovation will be complete, I assure you that it will be a completely different experience then. Again, we are so sorry, but we appreciate your feedback and we will strive for better.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Renovations currently taking place. Stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms which was amazing. They do have a hot breakfast available and very nice pool and hot tub. The only thing I felt like I was missing was a work out room. Great service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
CountryInnChip, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you so very much for being our first reviewer of the new rooms! We are extremely proud of this renovation and are very excited for its completion in October. We are trying hard to ensure that our guests are not inconvenienced by the work being done, and it looks like we are doing things right! Again, I appreciate your comments and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

My family loves to stay at the Country Inn & Suites! We have stayed for mini get aways or have had our childrens birthday parites here. We love everything about it! The staff, from Management to Housekeeping is always extremely friendly and accomodating. The rooms are always clean and very comfortable. The pool and hot tub are our favorites! The entire area is very spacious and both the hot tub and pool are quite large. The area is always clean, warm, and full of towels. Let's talk about the free breakfast. It is awesome! It's always fresh, delicious, and has such a variety! The seating area for breakfast feels like home. Everything about the Country Inn & Suites keeps us coming back... and the tasty cookies that are always stocked fresh in the lobby can't be beat!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
CountryInnChip, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you so much for this review!! We are very excited to see local friends reviewing our property and giving us the thumbs up! Country Inns & Suites tagline is "We Love This Country" and our tagline is "We Love This Community". We have such a rich heritage here in Chippewa Falls that we share with travellers from all over the world. But we also encourage our local friends to use us as a 'mini getaway' like you do. Everyone needs a break now and then, and you don't have to go very far to relax and have someone else pamper you! Thank you for your review and for giving us the opportunity to serve our wonderful hometown friends!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I simply love this hotel, it always feels to me when I come back, that "I've come home ". This hotel is always updating and refreshing this fine location. Upon entering and checking in, I have always been greeted and welcomed with kindness and happiness, it is always obvious to me that the people who work in this hotel, truly enjoy their jobs. Did I mention the cookies always available at the front desk and fresh coffee waiting for me whenever I pass through the lobby? The breakfast that is served here is so delicious with everything to warm your tummy and always leaving you filled. They change the selections daily which makes for a fun breakfast. The breakfast room is spotless and I have always received excellent service, with a "Good Morning and how are you doing and can I get you anything?."...WONDERFUL service ! The rooms as you enter them, you are greeted with a fresh smell of clean, tastefully decorated . The beds, one of my favorite parts......the mattresses are unlike any other hotel mattresses, full, soft and yet supportive, delightful, The pillows are amazing, fluffly and comfortable and then there is the quilts and coverlets, like icing on the cake ! All providing you with the best night sleep ever . The pool, clean, bright and not overly chemicaled. Gentle on your skin and your eyes. Clean towels are always available making your pool time easy and fun. Even the housekeepers are friendly, greeting you again with a "Good Morning".
I worked for a major airline and have traveled all over the world, the only bed that was as comfortable as these was a big fluffy bed and quilts in Austria, but this is so much closer and easier to get to ! All in all this is by far my most favorite hotel in the US...who would have thought , that sweet little town of Chippewa Falls Wi, would have such a delightful hotel to visit......FIVE SHINING STARS!!!!

Room Tip: Views are not what make this hotel what it is, it is the heart of the hotel which brings such comfor...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
CountryInnChip, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I don't even know what else to say. How do I follow a review like that?

We DO love our jobs and it is because of guests like you who brighten our days with amazingly kind words like this. This is exactly why we do what we do, and why we work so hard to ensure that every guest feels this way when they leave our hotel. Come and see us again in the fall when we will be completely renovated; a brand new hotel!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chippewa Falls
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls, WI
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Chipp...
#4 of 10 in Chippewa Falls
2 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Chippewa Falls
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eau Claire
Best Western Plus Eau Claire Conference Center
The Lismore Hotel Eau Claire - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls? Share your experiences!