“Picturesque!”

74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 172 helpful votes
“Picturesque!”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We actually stayed in a hotel whie in Chippewa Falls and Eau Claire, but we had a couple hours to kill in the morning. We decided to visit Lake Wissota State Park. It was very nice, as there is camping, fishing, and a beach available. A very nice place to stay for a few days, if I were camping. I believe it is $7 a day, but I am not sure if that is the cost for camping, or other services.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank steelchess77

Mayville, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“kayaking on a quiet lake”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Husband and I are novice kayakers. Wanted a quiet lake to try. Went to the park and put in at the boat landing. It was peaceful (Wednesday). Paddled around the shore, saw some wildlife. Enjoyed the views of the lake homes too. Would do it again.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank jacki b
Reedsburg, Wisconsin
142 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“Nice state park and campground”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My first impression driving down the drive way was that it was a fairly secluded area. We had pre booked a 3 night stay Sun-Wed. The campground area was nice, almost all the sites are designed in a way that they face away from anyone driving around the campground. The road around the campgrounds are one way so the sites are slanted away from the direction that people drive around. Our site was a challenge. It had a water source next to it that people kept walking through our site to get water. We also had a hard time in our site finding a place to put our tent as almost he whole site had gravel covering it except near the fire pit. Near our site there also was a large play area and open grassy area that was very nice for the kids. The person camping next to us did get reprimanded for having the music to loud. The ranger was rather snotty to them and said he could hear the radio four campsites away which seemed ridiculous to me as I could hardly hear it wear I was. It was also 3 in the afternoon when he was telling them to turn it off so that left me a little afraid that the Rangers were going to be overbearing during our stay. Though they never were overly friendly they did seem to take there job serious in keeping the park safe and friendly for all.

The beach area is very nice and seemed to be well taken care of. Clean sand and a large area to both swim and play. There are no showers at the beach location but there is another nice play area for kids as well as a sand volleyball court. There is also a nature area that is great for kids and has lots of information.

The hiking trails are nice and do have a lot of nice variety. Though you can't walk far before you see signs that say to stay on the trails as there is poison ivy off the trail. Actually we found poison ivy right next to the trail were you would even have to go off the trail only just have a moment of not paying attention and you would be affected.

Overall it was a pleasant place and a place we would go back to.

Visited July 2013