“EXCELLENCE!!!”
Review of Glen Loch Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chippewa Falls
Glen Loch Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Chippewa Falls
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My wife and I recently went blueberry picking and needed an overnight accommodation. Tripadvisor located a few in the Chippewa Falls area. Being the type to support local small businesses, we chose Glen Loch Inn. We expected it to be exactly what we would pay for or less. Sometimes supporting local/small business comes at a risk, right? We were met by a very nice woman at check in. Offered up info on attractions, eateries, and tidbits of info, Very kind! She also said that a continental breakfast was included in the morning. BONUS! The rooms were clean. The décor was modest with an effort of modern flare. Mind you this is an older motel ranch style building. Beds were comfy. The next morning we made a bee line to the breakfast in hopes of a slice of toast and jam followed by a cup o joe. INSTEAD...we were treated to ham, egg and cheese croissants, French toast, lashings of bacon and sausages. Gourmet coffee and a pastry selection. WOW. The room the breakfast was served in was adorably decorated in a musical motif with various instruments set about the space. Soft and festive early morning melodies sung in French echoed from the kitchen. Bless the owner! This was the perfect place to stay while road tripping through our GREAT STATE OF WISCONSIN. I hope you will take the time for the night and experience Glen Loch Inn!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank rob s

Reviewed 2 August 2013

my husband and I stayed here on a recent trip and were very impressed with the clean room, beautiful flowers, quiet location, amazing breakfast, and the hospitality of the owner, Marilyn. I loved this place and would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a B&B flavor with a retro feel. There is a very nice park close by with a picnic area, hiking trails, and some animals. This is a must stay place; I look forward to staying there again some day.

2  Thank diane m
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I stayed here based on the Trip Advisor reviews and was not sorry. Although the room was a little smallish, everything was new, the bed was excellent, and the breakfast was out of this world.
Baked omelet, blueberry pancakes, top quality bacon, banana muffins, orange juice, coffee, or tea. By far the best Mom & Pop I've ever stayed at and I've stayed at a lot of them.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank lbwiskey
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Although the form factor of this lodging is a 50's style motel, the experience is more akin to a B&B. The rooms are basic and clean; there is no reason to lounge inside although I did get some work done at the desk and decent wifi. On this hot day it was great to enjoy central air conditioning with a convenient lever to adjust air flow - quiet and effective.

Outside there is a nice patio on the side with seating where I enjoyed an arrival beer and listened to the wind in the surrounding spruce trees. Another shaded patio is in front where I finished coffee the next AM. A short walk or ride down the road across the street takes you to Glen Loch where you can observe a waterfall (Not recommended for young children)

Breakfast is homemade with a good selection of quiche, toast, breakfast meats and more. The coffee is excellent. This completes the "B&B" experience

All this is brought to you by the attentive owner Marilyn mentioned throughout these reviews. Clearly her presence and attention to her patrons makes the entire operation function. A kind women, I suspect she wouldn't tolerate anything that would disrupt the experience for others.

The lodging is on the very edge of the central town so you get the convenience of proximity with the benefit of quiet.

Room Tip: I enjoyed a room on the back side away from the road. However, the road passing in front is not that...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My wife & I just stayed over the weekend, we went up for my birthday to tour the Leinenkugel Brewery and check out some other sites. The motel is only about a mile away from the brewery and less than that from a beautiful park with a little zoo in it. Marilyn (the owner) has made upgrades to the property, she really puts her heart and soul into the place. It is was it is, a smaller motel, so you aren't going to have a huge room, but what you will have is a clean room, a great breakfast (Marilyn cooks every morning for the guests), a fantastic host in Marilyn (take the time to talk with her, she is incredibly nice), a great patio area to relax at. So if you are tired of the "cookie cutter" motels, check this place out, my wife & I would highly recommend it and will be staying there next time we are back in Chippewa Falls.

1  Thank WiscDave
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came into town for our 1st time at RockFest. We had a blast partly because Marilyn (Glen Loch Inn owner) made our stay so pleasant and comforting! Felt like home... Rooms are clean and well maintained, the patio and the outside area is beautiful and well kept & the homemade breakfast was fantastic!! Marilyn is one of a kind and we were honored to meet her!! She's helpful, hardworking and super sweet! When we come back to the area again we won't stay anywhere else but the Glen Loch Inn!! Loved it!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Kimj1978
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Stayed here this past weekend with 2 other couples and had a great time at this Inn. My husband and I arrived about 4 hours after everyone else at 11 pm and the owner waited up for us to check in which we thought was so great! She got us all checked in and then we sat out on their patio with our friends and hung out till around 1 a.m. and went to bed. Went to bed and got up and had their homemade breakfast which was great! You can't go wrong with a homemade meal at a hotel. The owner is very sweet and willing to help you with tips for local places or to just answer questions! The hotel is older but very clean and in wonderful condition! You can tell she takes pride in her place and it shows. We'll be back to stay again for sure!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chippewa Falls
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls, WI
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Chipp...
#4 of 10 in Chippewa Falls
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eau Claire
Hampton Inn & Suites Chippewa Falls
The Lismore Hotel Eau Claire - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel

Been to Glen Loch Inn? Share your experiences!