“Not so great”
Review of Glen Loch Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chippewa Falls
Glen Loch Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Chippewa Falls
Reviewed 14 August 2014

BEWARE! There is nothing really stated on hotel website or when you go to book that you MUST check in before 10pm. You should know this before booking. Huge issue when we arrived in taxi from airport, dropped off and nobody there. Frustrated with no answer or response until midnight. We did end up getting in and room was dated and unconfortable. Breakfast was different but not really what I would have enjoyed. For the price would find someplace else.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Jonathan R
SeeingtheUS, Owner at Glen Loch Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

I'm sorry you had a unhappy experience here. I pride myself in making all guests stay here a happy one. I was unaware of your reservation as your reservation was made with BOOKING.COM and made the same day of your arrival and late in the day. I own and operate this place myself and I was picking up supplies after I had closed the office at 10 pm. You arrived after 11pm. If you had made reservations on my website you would have made a reservation request and It states I would call you back within 24 hours. You would have had to call me directly if you wanted faster reservation results. and there would have not been a misunderstanding
. On booking.com site it states the check in hours under House Policies section where it says check in is 3pm-10 pm.

You took it upon yourself to let yourself into a room that was unlocked- which was set a side for construction workers not with guests paying full rates. I have only owned this place for 3 years and continue to update rooms as I can. You are the first one to complain about a home cooked breakfast- All my ingredients are fresh not processed. My advice to you is to booked your stay at a franchise hotel where there is a 24 hour attendant.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We were looking for something cheap since we weren't going to be in our room much and we were pleasantly surprised w/ what we got for our $. Our room felt like a little cottage- a little musty & dated decor-but very quaint, clean and well kept. We stayed 2 nights and it really had a bed & breakfast feel, not like a 'motel' at all. The owner cooked an impressive homemade breakfast- french toast, blueberry pancakes, strawberry bars, muffins, bacon, sausage, egg bake, the works!- everything your mom or grandma would make at home! Delicious. Cute little dining room & outdoor patio to enjoy complete with background music. Breakfast was our favorite part! Great suggestions for places to see and eat at from the owner too. Tried all the local spots she suggested and ALL were great! We'll be back for sure!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2014

4 of us spent 5 days with Marilyn at the Glen Loch, WOW, we were very impressed with the rooms, the location, the friendliness, and of course the "to die for" homemade breakfast.
We will always return to the Glen Loch when visiting the family in Chippewa Falls.
Thank You Marilyn for a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed for two nights and it was great. The room we had was newly renovated and very clean. King bed was very comfortable. The breakfasts served was delicious! Never stayed in a bed and breakfast establishment, but this felt to us, what it must be like. Marilyn was very friendly and helpful when it came to referring local restaurants. Very close to the Leinie Lodge and the local zoo was really nice and also close to the Old Abe Bike Trail. Just a short drive to Lake Wissota State Park, which we also enjoyed. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to our friends.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed at the Glen Loch Inn this past weekend. What a lovely spot! The very affordable price included a nice, clean, quiet room and a wonderful breakfast the following morning in the dining room, which is decorated with vintage musical instruments. Marilyn, the owner, is delightful and even let us check in a bit early to leave our stuff so we could head out to bike all day on the Old Abe Trail. We will definitely return to the Glen Loch Inn.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We recently stayed for two nights at The Glen Loch Inn. We had originally booked one night but after getting there and checking it out we decided to stay for an additional night.
The owner has done a wonderful job of renovating the original motel. She runs it like a Bed and Breakfast with the breakfast being absolutely great! She obviously enjoys what she is doing and works hard to insure her guests have a nice stay. The Inn is located near a great park, a golf course and the Leinenkugell Brewery. Oh and did I mention it was very clean?! If you are looking for a non-chain accommodation that has character and charm from days gone by, this is a place for you!

1  Thank TLN62
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I traveled to Chippewa Falls this weekend to visit the Leinenkugels Brewery. The Brewery was great but best yet was our stay at the Glen Loch Inn. During our travels we prefer to stay in what we call "mom & pop" establishments. The Glen Loch Inn fit our needs like a glove. Marilyn, the owner, could not have been anymore gracious. Besides her wealth of information regarding the area she also managed to cook a great breakfast. The atmosphere in her dining area and the quality of her food was better than a lot of B&B's we have stayed at. Taking under consideration that our room was half the price of most B&B's. Cudo's to you Marilyn for putting your heart and soul into this place. We look forward to a return visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chippewa Falls
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls, WI
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Chipp...
#4 of 10 in Chippewa Falls
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eau Claire
Hampton Inn & Suites Chippewa Falls
Country Villa Motel and Country Camping
Country Villa Motel and Country ...
#5 of 10 in Chippewa Falls

Been to Glen Loch Inn? Share your experiences!