“Weekend getaway”
Review of Glen Loch Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chippewa Falls
Glen Loch Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Chippewa Falls
Reviewed 29 August 2014

The room was just ok. The bathroom/shower was very small. Our room was warm and we had no way to control the AC. The breakfast was good I am just not sure that it makes up for the room quality. When we first arrived at the front desk the lady was a little on the rude side but warmed up towards the end.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 August 2014

I absolutely loved my stay at Glen Loch Inn and will seriously consider going back to Chippewa Falls for a weekend getaway, with this Inn as my primary destination. The proprietress Marilyn is truly an "innkeeper" in the old style - basically a one-woman operation, she checks you in, cooks and serves your breakfast (OK it's a buffet but she puts it out herself - and uses real eggs mind you, no powdered stuff here!); she leaves you alone if you want to be left alone and is happy to engage in fascinating conversation about her family history etc if that's your style.

The rooms are very clean and comfortable with nice-quality linens. The breakfast room is newly renovated and very nice. Everything has an air of being freshly painted and cleaned; the place is very well taken-care of. Yes it's true, the bathrooms are small! But for me the bathroom was delightful and charming, with its lovely old-school original ceramic tile (all spiffy clean mind you) still in place. I'm generally a big fan of independent motels as opposed to chains, and I'll often put up with slightly sub-standard amenities to stay at an independent, but there's nothing sub-standard about Glen Loch Inn at all. This is an excellent establishment in every way.

Room Tip: Room 28 bathroom has all its original bathroom tile.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Absolute fantastic place :-) clean, super friendly owners and an outstanding breakfast!!!!!! We will absolutely definitely be back. The beds were amazing comfortable and extra puffy pillows. Great nights sleep

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary. Great location to Leninkeugels brewery, bars, restaurants and biking trails. Enjoyed an updated single queen room. Very very clean. Great buffet style home cooked breakfast. Only possible downside would be small bathroom. Which didn't bother us and is typically expected when staying at a B&B. You just have to remember this is NOT a chain hotel. A small bathroom is a compromise worth the price, location, and cleanliness. The owner is very nice and available for questions and concerns. Also gave great suggestions for restaurants.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karin2926
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is a great place to stay! Marilyn is friendly, very helpful and a wonderful cook! We booked a queen room and got a king! Everything was clean, comfortable and reasonable. The breakfast was fabulous!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2014

BEWARE! There is nothing really stated on hotel website or when you go to book that you MUST check in before 10pm. You should know this before booking. Huge issue when we arrived in taxi from airport, dropped off and nobody there. Frustrated with no answer or response until midnight. We did end up getting in and room was dated and unconfortable. Breakfast was different but not really what I would have enjoyed. For the price would find someplace else.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Jonathan R
SeeingtheUS, Owner at Glen Loch Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

I'm sorry you had a unhappy experience here. I pride myself in making all guests stay here a happy one. I was unaware of your reservation as your reservation was made with BOOKING.COM and made the same day of your arrival and late in the day. I own and operate this place myself and I was picking up supplies after I had closed the office at 10 pm. You arrived after 11pm. If you had made reservations on my website you would have made a reservation request and It states I would call you back within 24 hours. You would have had to call me directly if you wanted faster reservation results. and there would have not been a misunderstanding
. On booking.com site it states the check in hours under House Policies section where it says check in is 3pm-10 pm.

You took it upon yourself to let yourself into a room that was unlocked- which was set a side for construction workers not with guests paying full rates. I have only owned this place for 3 years and continue to update rooms as I can. You are the first one to complain about a home cooked breakfast- All my ingredients are fresh not processed. My advice to you is to booked your stay at a franchise hotel where there is a 24 hour attendant.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We were looking for something cheap since we weren't going to be in our room much and we were pleasantly surprised w/ what we got for our $. Our room felt like a little cottage- a little musty & dated decor-but very quaint, clean and well kept. We stayed 2 nights and it really had a bed & breakfast feel, not like a 'motel' at all. The owner cooked an impressive homemade breakfast- french toast, blueberry pancakes, strawberry bars, muffins, bacon, sausage, egg bake, the works!- everything your mom or grandma would make at home! Delicious. Cute little dining room & outdoor patio to enjoy complete with background music. Breakfast was our favorite part! Great suggestions for places to see and eat at from the owner too. Tried all the local spots she suggested and ALL were great! We'll be back for sure!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family