“Very nice place to stay! No elevator to second floor, though.”

Cobblestone Inn and Suites Clintonville, WI
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Clintonville
Norwood, Missouri
“Very nice place to stay! No elevator to second floor, though.”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We only stayed one night here but I would have gladly stayed longer if I had to. The hotel is fairly new, in excellent condition with a bed so comfortable that my husband thought he had woke up in his own bed. Now that's a nice hotel! Breakfast was excellent for hotel fair and the help was nice. It seemed fairly upscale compared to many average priced hotels.

My only two concerns were that there always seemed to be one or two employees standing out front smoking with the hotel phone sitting close by. For such a professional hotel the smoking should never happen. Even in a small town.

The second is that there is no elevator to the second floor. A major hotel design flaw. So, if you have lots of luggage or heavy luggage you have to tote them up the stairs. Not real fun when you are tired. Just remember that if you have a hard time climbing stairs be sure to ask for a first floor room.

Room Tip: No elevator to the second floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Susie G
Amanda R, Manager at Cobblestone Inn and Suites Clintonville, WI, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Thank you for your kind review. I so glad you have a comfortable stay with us. I do apologize for the smoking. Ever since the are next door has gotten dug up we have been having issues trying to figure out where to send the employees to smoke. In front of the building is definitely not acceptable. Since you stayed in September we have made changes to our policies as to where employees can smoke. I hope this makes your future stays more comfortable.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I had to stay here for an extended period for work. The manager Amanda went out of her way to make sure my room was reserved for the whole time and gave me a great room near the back. The bed was great - the room was great and all of the staff I talked to were really helpful and nice. There are only two concerns I had. First while the bed was changed every day, when I came back to the hotel every evening the desk table and microwave counter were still full of crumbs from the night before. The bathroom floor hadn't been swept and the floor in front of the microwave and under the desk were vacuumed. The sinks and tubs were cleaned well. The second concern is that there are always employees out in front of the building or in back smoking. Otherwise though I think this is a great place to stay and in a quiet location!!

Room Tip: First floor near the back is the best ;) Thanks again to Amanda for recommending it.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
It was a pleasure serving you during your stay. I truly appreciate you taking the time to write your comments here on TripAdvisor. I'm sorry for my delay in responding, but you will be happy to know that since your comment was posted our housekeeping staff has really kicked it up a notch. Without comments like yours things can get by me. Especially in our stay over rooms. We make it our policy to only enter your room once while your gone. With that, I only inspect rooms that have been cleaned for new arrivals. Thank you again for your comments. I hope everything is going great with the new job!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 September 2013

If you're accustomed to staying in a Hampton or Holiday Inn Express, this is the closest option to those two brands in the Clintonville area.

The hotel itself is relatively new...just a few years old...and has well appointed rooms and onsite amenities similar to a Hampton or HIE. We've stayed here several times now when we were visiting family in this area.

The only important thing to note about this hotel though is that there is not an elevator so ask for a first floor room if you can't schlep your stuff up & down steps.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel are quieter (away from the highway). Also, ask for a first floo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Amanda R, General Manager at Cobblestone Inn and Suites Clintonville, WI, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank You for taking time out to review our property. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We do realize that the lack of an elevator can be hassle when your hauling your luggage around. Please know that our staff is always here to help you with anything you need. Including but not limited to bringing your luggage in from outside and to your room, weather it be upstairs or downstairs. Please don't ever be afraid to ask us for anything that can make your stay better.
Wolcott, Connecticut
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I recently spent two nights at the Cobblestone Inn and found it to be very enjoyable. The staff was very friendly and pleasant, especially Luke who tended bar and worked the front desk both evenings. The rooms, as well as the hotel in general where clean, and provide you with all the basic amenities one would need. The complimentary breakfast offered a decent section of, waffles, eggs, as well as cereal and muffins and such. The fitness room was small, but according to Luke the excavation on the side of the hotel was them building a restaurant and new fitness center.

The hotel was pretty small, about 30 something rooms, how ever the area is pretty rural, and I venture to guess most of the business the hotel gets is based of the two local companies that build fire trucks. The bar had a great touch with the patches and such from the various firefighters who have passed through on business with these companies.

I look forward to staying at the Cobblestone in the future as I expect to be back in the area for business a few more times in the next six months.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Amanda R, Manager at Cobblestone Inn and Suites Clintonville, WI, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm glad Luke and the rest of the staff could be so accommodating. It is always our goal to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
I noticed that you rated sleep quality and the rooms at four out of five. If there is anything we can do to help your next stay perfect, please let us know when you make your next reservation. we look forward to your next visit and the chance to serve you again.
Lakewood, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We stayed for two nights and it was very enjoyable. This was our first time in the motel and we were very pleased. The service was excellent and the employees were pleasant and helpful.
The motel was very clean and neat. The breakfast they served was excellent.

Room Tip: Seems like all the rooms would be very good!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Amanda R, General Manager at Cobblestone Inn and Suites Clintonville, WI, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our property. We are so glad you had a great stay with us! We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 June 2013

This new-looking property is a great option in an under-served market. I hadn't heard of Cobblestone Inns before. The rate was on par with AmericInn, but it's smaller and there's no pool; I knocked off one star for the discrepancy between rate and amenities.

Service was very friendly and competent. The evening desk clerk is also the bartender for the small bar area, and the morning clerk watches over the breakfast which consisted of the usual cold items plus eggs, bacon, a waffle machine and biscuits and (quite salty) sausage gravy.

The room was immaculate, but warm until I turned the A/C on and gave it time to work. The furnishings and mattress were new, and space was more than adequate. I didn't even know there was a closet until I checked out; I thought it was a connecting door. I didn't find a TV channel guide, and the programmed channels were often mislabeled or didn't exist.

There were plenty of light fixtures in the room, but only the bathroom had CFL bulbs. The remaining lights had old-fashioned 60-watt bulbs which were not really adequate. There was one phone on the desk which could be plugged in by the nightstand; I would have preferred 2 phones. The TV had a very bright red light on it that I had to cover in order to sleep.

A key card is required in order to access the stairwell to the second floor. The room door latched on its own, but had to be pulled in order to make one last "click." The window was unlatched but had locks on it and opened fully.

There was a $1.50 safe fee that was removed when I asked. It's a nonsmoking property but I never came in or out without passing an employee smoking outside, sometimes right at the door.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Amanda R, Manager at Cobblestone Inn and Suites Clintonville, WI, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate your honesty and though you didn't have many concerns, please know we have taken them all in to consideration. We all agree with you on the type of bulbs we use. We actually stopped buying the old fashioned 60 watt bulbs about two years ago. I'm even amazed that we still have some still in use here. We do replace them with the new spiral lights when they burn out. I do appologize for the tv channel guides. Unfortunately when I ordered them they were on back order and just recently arrived. Lastly all employees have been talked to about their smoking habits.
We hope that through your feed back we can make you next stay even more enjoyable.
Port Orange, Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2013

This is my third stay at the Cobblestone Inn and Suites in Clintonville. The breakfast is great. Nice workout center. Laundry facility is spotless! The room is the BEST! My husband said the shower was the best! (he wants to take it home!) The best part of the hotel is the staff; they are accommodating, friendly, and super helpful. The General Manager is Amanda and she is outstanding! This is our place for all of our stays in the Clintonville area.

Room Tip: The in-room whirlpool tubs are a wonderful added feature. A/C is really quiet. Hotel is on highway...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Thank You so much for your kind review. It is always a pleasure serving you and your husband and we certainly look forward to your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clintonville
Boarders Inn and Suites Shawano, WI
Konkapot Lodge
Konkapot Lodge
#2 of 2 in Bowler
Shawano Four Seasons Resort

Been to Cobblestone Inn and Suites Clintonville, WI? Share your experiences!