“Love the Columbus Antique Mall”

Columbus Antique Mall
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Columbus
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Love the Columbus Antique Mall”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Huge space with a great assortment of antiques, antique and vintage books, etc., etc. We had our wire fox terrier along, and he stayed with us while we shopped, happy to sit in a shopping cart with a blanket in the bottom. One of the managers even brought us up and down from the second floor in the old frieght elevator! The staff is extraordinarily hospitable. There is also a large variety of beverage and food refreshments available at the entrance to keep your engines stoked. Overall a very fun romp!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Lori C

Columbus,WI
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fun, Interesting, unique place.”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The Columbus Antique Mall is in an old canning factory in Columbus WI. It is huge and it's easy to loose track of time looking at all the items for sale here. It's not a traditional antique store so the prices on most items are much cheaper than you might expect.. There are a few dealers with overpriced junk but most are pretty reasonable. My favorite section is the furniture area located on the top floor. It's kind of creepy.
I never bring more than $20.00 and always end up walking out with a bag full of treasures.

Visited November 2013
Belvidere, Illinois
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Lots of Stuff!”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I felt compelled to review this mall because of the negative review on here. Yes, I know, antiques should be 100 years old to be official. But how many antique malls these days have all 100 year-old items? Not many! My friend and I drove up from Madison to go here. We knew what it was like because we were here several years ago and wanted to check it out again. There are 3 massive floors of interesting items. We didn't buy a whole lot, but for the price of admission (free), we had 3 hours of entertainment looking at every conceivable item under the sun.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Arleen H
chicago, Il
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“This is not an antique mall!”
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Antique items must be at least 100 years old. Vintage items need to be 50 years old. This mall is a gigantic garage sale/flea market. I was extremely disappointed. It was filled with junk and the booths were so crammed full I couldn't even look at items. I had to leave because I was so overstimulated by the amount of junk that I got a headache!

This mall is for collectors - not true antique enthusiasts. Don't waste your time if you truly want to look for antiques. There are quite a few shops in this area of WI that are very nice and worth the visit, but this isn't one of them!

Visited December 2012