“Wonderful-Perfect for two couples”
Review of Fo'c'sle Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cornucopia
Fo'c'sle Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Cornucopia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My husband and I along with another couple stayed here for two days. I can not enough good things about this B&B. There is only two rooms, there is a small hall in between and the shared deck over looks the Marina and Lake Superior. In the morning, first we had coffee along with the perfect size pastry, then breakfast came a little later at the exact time we had arranged with Mary Beth. It was like magic, open the "back" door, the tray is in the hall. We went up to enjoy the Apostle Islands. Perfect, quiet place to start and end you day.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

As other reviewers have noted, I almost hate to review this little gem as it may not be as available! But the owners are wonderful and certainly deserve the extra business. When we first drove past, I wasn't sure if we were in the right location. Amidst the marina and various boats & marina "stuff" is An old boathouse that has been converted into a main residence for the owners and 2 wonderful rooms.one room faces the marina, the other(which we had) faces lake superior. We had a fantastic sunset & sunrise. You share a patio with the "neighbor" and we met a wonderful couple from Thunderbay. We shared many laughs, and enjoyed the company. There are some cute shops to the north of the marina that have antuques, arts/crafts and a fish market where we bough smoked salmon & awesome cheese which weate on the patio watching the sunset. The room is very nicely appointed. Queen bed facing large windows. Wonderful walk in glass shower & a refrigerater. Our breakfast was FANTASTIC! Caramel apple French toast. We will be returning!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank dentalDawn
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I had the opportunity to spend a few wonderful days at the Fo'c'sle Inn overlooking Lake Superior. Dave and Mary Beth are superb inn keepers. A delicious hot breakfast is brought right to your door in the morning and could be enjoyed either at your own private table and sitting area or out on the attached deck. Watching not only the water fowl but also the hustle and bustle of the functioning harbor was fun. Fresh artesian water right from the faucet to drink, a very comfortable bed and down to earth atmosphere were all refreshing to the soul.

My only hesitation in writing this review.. I don't want this charming place to be booked up on my next trip to the North Woods!

Room Tip: the room facing the harbor has superb views.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jnilles
Reviewed 11 April 2013

The hosts, Mary Beth and Dave were very gracious. The breakfasts were delicious! The room was very clean. We enjoyed seeing common mergansers, eagles, seagulls and a river otter.
We highly recommend this bed and breakfast. This was our first visit and we have already made reservations to go back again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2013

My sister and I met here for a weekend of x-country skiing and hiking. We thoroughly enjoyed the pristine Valhalla ski trails (easy, more difficult and challenging), a dramatic snowshoe walk along the beach and a stunning 2-mile hike to the Sea Caves. Our room was immaculate, quiet, well-appointed and comfortable. A nice selection of DVDs provided perfect evening entertainment. Both breakfasts were beautifully prepared and presented. Our host was gracious and informative AND we saw a bobcat! This is definitely a spot for an annual winter getaway.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2012

My husband and I reserved a room a the Fo'c'sle B&B because it was Thanksgiving and our son was in the area. What a wonderful decision! Everything was exceptional: cozy room, great view of waves hitting the beach on Lake Superior, coffee and breakfast(delicious) delivered to our room, clean bathroom, and valuable information about the area from the friendly owners. This B&B was exactly what we needed. Bayfield, Madeline Island, Washburn, and Ashland were close by for daytime adventures.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2012

This is located right in the Marina - so close to the Lake that you hear the waves slapping the shore throughout the night. The 2 rooms are upstairs with beautiful views of the lake and a deck that is shared. Comfortable, clean, and breakfast served in your room that is delicious. A place that my husband loved as much as I did.

Room Tip: One of the rooms has windows that face the Marina - both have large picture windows that offer views...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Been to Fo'c'sle Inn? Share your experiences!