“Old Town Atmosphere”

Add it.
Olde Town Coffee House
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Olde Towne Coffee House is a great location to have a cup of coffee, and more, with friends and family. The menu is good, and varied, for breakfast and lunch. The atmosphere is very comfortable. The pecan sticky buns are awesome. Too bad their availability is limited.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I had the Chef's Favorite omelet, which was made with bacon, cheese and diced granny smith apples. I decided to try it since the apples seemed like an interesting addition to an omelet and I thought it was very good, though I might have preferred slightly larger pieces of apple so I could taste them more. The side of potatoes was very greasy but they had good flavor otherwise. The portions were plenty large and overall a pretty decent value. The coffee is "pour your own" style from a coffee station which could be a negative if you like having it brought to your table but I didn't mind it since there were a couple different brewed varieties to choose from that way. The wi-fi was a definite plus so I could catch up on a little work while I ate.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Had breakfast here and was quite pleased with the speed and quality of food. I prefer to be waited on at my table, and here you order at the counter, and although I don't prefer that style of dining, it did seem to go smoothly.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

Cottage Grove has only one other diner,
so if you're not in the mood
to cook breakfast at home this is a wonderful alternative.

The breakfast portions are enormous and the menu is kid friendly.
I was happy to see they recently added lunches to their menu.
They have pies as well and hope to try some soon.

I have taken out of town family members here and was pleased,
and I know I can bring guests here and count on it being a hit.

I've also recommended this restaurant to friends
who are traveling by here and can stop off the highway
to eat because it's well worth it
and a nice break from the typical fast food joints.

A friend from the far west side of Madison and I meet here
each month for coffee. (She meets me here every other week
and then we find a coffee shop near her home,
so we switch how far we have to drive.)

There's no pressure to order food if we don't want,
and we have sat and talked over coffee
and never felt like we've taken too much time and should leave,
and we've never been uncomfortable.
The atmosphere is nice and we particularly like
that there is a lot of natural light from the windows.

It's not a fancy schmancy place and not uncomfortably trendy,
just reliable and new and relaxing.

Reviewed 26 October 2012

My wife and I recently moved to Madison, WI. Cottage Grove is just a few miles down the road. We found Olde Town Coffee House on an iPhone app. Tried it a couple days ago. Very nice place with friendly people. We had espresso drinks and used the free wi-fi. They have a good menu of sandwiches and breakfast items, but we haven't tried them yet. But we certainly intend to. We enjoyed the "feel" of the place and look forward to going back often.