“AWESOME PLACE! LOVE IT”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cudahy
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“AWESOME PLACE! LOVE IT”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I stayed in the hotel, the Rioja Spain Room, stayed two nights and ate breakfast lunch and dinner in the hotel, was amazing! the food was great service was great. This place is like a gem right on milwaukees south side near the lake. if you have never been here I highly reccomend it!

Room Tip: Lux rooms are def the way to go!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
new berlin
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Stayed their this weekend. Beautiful rooms, Friday fish fry is excellent - one of the best in the city. Breakfast is very good. Excellent coffee selections, tea, and wine and homemade bakery items. This is a special place in a location walking distance to the lake that you would least expect it.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank bmw1233
minnesota
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We stayed in the Tuscany "luxury" room for the two night getaway. The room is above the kitchen and below the kitchen fans. We could hear the roar of the fans from 6 am to 11 pm. The breakfast provided in the morning was a generous portion for ONE. A knob on the tub fell off and we couldn't turn the water off. My husband did track down someone who gave him some tools and he fixed it himself. A light bulb was burned out and we could not find anyone at night to replace it. We stayed at the Sheridan before but now find the little perks are disappearing. For instance, they use to provide coffee in the morning but now just provide a paper cup. The maid took away my cup and when we went for breakfast in the morning in the restaurant I asked the waitress to deduct the coffee but she said the cups were just for take out - no refills. They use to provide a little plastic bag so you could take home the soap - gone. One good thing the water was hot.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank erameram
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I stayed here a couple of times already and have had great experiences. This place is a find...the rooms are all very beautiful. I couldn't believe the size of the bathroom and the shower and tub! Awesome is the only word to use. Now the bed....if I could get one for home I would. Seldom remember a better night's sleep and I travel a lot. I even had one of those Bose alarm clocks that plays CDs. I have stayed in other parts of Milwaukee for more money and gotten far less value for my money.
The location is also great! you can walk out the door and run on the park that's on the lake. There is a golf course across the street. I golfed at another one less than a mile away and it was in another beautiful park! I think it was maybe 5 minutes to the airport and not even 15 to get to Downtown Milwaukee.
Let's talk food....I have only had breakfast there but it was delicious. They were very busy on one visit so I had to wait a bit But the coffee was so good...who cares? I'm not sure how often they were that busy but my waitress, who told me she was new, took such good care of me I was impressed. I talked to a woman sitting next to me who said the dinners were also delicious. Have to try to stay for dinner on my next visit.
If you haven't tried this place, change that and go!!

Room Tip: No elevator but there are rooms on the ground level in the beautiful patio area.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank jack m
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 2 November 2011

My wife and I have stayed at several different places all over Wisconsin, but none seem to match what we experience at Sheridan's every time. We've stayed in many of the rooms, both in the main house and in the courtyard and have been pleased with every visit. We find our stay's to be romantic and relaxing, a beautiful place to stay without having to drive several hours away. My wife is a huge fan of the Champagne tubs and I find myself sprawling across the extremely soft sheets of the most forgiving bed every chance I get. If your looking for the perfect getaway, within a stone's throw distance of Lake Michigan's comforting shores, this a great place to check out! I wouldn't be able to say enough about the food, since we always find ourselves more than satisfied with every visit. A great value and a delicious selection of food and wine that could surprise any palate.

Room Tip: The back north side rooms of the main house overlooks the courtyard below and the rooms in front of...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christa N G
Chicago
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I hesitated staying here because there haven't been any reviews since 2009, but I'm so glad I did! This hotel is off the beaten path, in a residential area across from the local high school, but it's only a 10 minute drive to downtown Milwaukee.

We stayed in one of the suite rooms in the main building. The bed was incredible. The bathroom fixtures and jetted tub were high quality. (The jetted tub was enormous, too.) The room was squeaky clean. There was clearly a great deal of attention paid in putting this inn together.

For the money, I'd say that a comparable room in downtown Milkwaukee could be twice as much as this room.

There is a separate building right along the outdoor seating for the restaurant. I could imagine on a nice weekend night that noise would be an issue there, as there were a lot of people at the restaurant when we checked in. In colder weather though, this obviously wouldn't be an issue.

Room Tip: May want to avoid the separate building on summer weekends. Rooms face outdoor restaurant seating. C...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank potatopants
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 May 2009

We had the Champagne Suite which was fabulous. Huge bed, double whirlpool, fireplace, wonderful comforter and towels, plasma TV, etc. The only complaint is our room faces a somewhat busy street, so there was street noise early in the evening. However, things quieted down and we just melted into the plush bedding. I would definitely stay here again.

Service in the restaurant is somewhat spotty, but overall, it was a nice experience.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WISuzyqueue
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cudahy
Walker's Point
Iron Horse Hotel
Iron Horse Hotel
#2 of 56 in Milwaukee
Downtown
The Pfister Hotel
The Pfister Hotel
#5 of 56 in Milwaukee

Been to Sheridan House? Share your experiences!