“great”
Review of Sheridan House

Sheridan House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cudahy
Reviewed 14 October 2012

i stayed here for two nights traveling for work and enjoyed my stay there. the rooms was very large with fireplace an nice king size bed. The bathroom had a nice walk in shower. The only thing i didn't like was that the tv was small flat screen and from the bed it was hard to see...it was march madness when i was there. i ate only 1 meal in the dinding room and it was excellent! its a short drive to downtown milwakee lots of thing to do down there we went to Harley muesum...a must.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank scottandabby419

Reviewed 1 October 2012

We treated our parents to a night in the Rioja room for their 25th wedding anniversary. My parents could not stop raving about what a fabulous time that they had at the Sheridan House. The décor was gorgeous and the room was clean. They enjoyed dinner and breakfast in the dining room. They were there on a Thursday night, so they had the pre-fixe “date night” menu and found the food very tasty. My parents were treated to a glass of champagne for their anniversary. My Dad especially liked that they served Alterra coffee, a local coffee roaster. What really made it a great experience for my parents was the owner and her staff - they were friendly, personable, and attentive. When selecting a place, we considered sending them downtown but were glad that we selected the Sheridan House because the staff went out of their way to make them feel special

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Stayed in the Rioja room for our 25th anniversary. The building overall was very nicely done and in great condition. The room was beautiful and the jacuzzi was very nice. However, unlike the last review, we did not have as great a dining experience, so guessing it was an off night, as we left feeling that Gordon Ramsey needed to come pay a visit!

We went down to the bistro early and there was only one other couple. The dining room is very nicely decorated and we were excited to be there. We ordered an appetizer first, which took quite a while to come out, to the point where I asked if we would be getting it with our meal, but she said it would be out shortly. Three cups of coffee later, it did finally come out. The appetizer was good, though I’m not sure why it would have taken that long to make, as it was just salsa, guacamole and chips. Just after finishing our appetizer, our food came out. We had ordered the barbecue chicken meal, which came with mashed potatoes, and the blackened grilled shrimp dinner, which came with polenta and peas. The potatoes wouldn't even melt the butter my husband put on them and the chicken was cold and just barely done. I tasted the barbecue sauce on top and while that tasted fine, it was also cold. The best part of my meal was the peas. The five small shrimp were neither blackened nor grilled, though there was some type of spice on them. Two of the five shrimp were still raw in the tail part and the last shrimp I ate had a real strange taste to it. We didn’t say anything about the meal at the time because we had already waited quite some time to get our meal and didn’t want to wait any longer. In thinking back, because the appetizer took so long, perhaps the food was done and sitting while we ate our appetizer. The one bright spot in the meal was we did have a very nice and friendly waitress. After eating, we decided not to chance the dessert and ended up going to the local Dairy Queen!

The other checkmark for me against this place would be the lack of personal touch and hospitality (unlike the County Clare we had stayed at on Friday night!). We got here just about check-in time (4PM) and met someone in the hall, who said she would tell Nick? we were there. We went back to the closed door just inside the entryway. A young gentleman met us there who was greatly lacking in customer service. He had us sign the credit card slip and told us how to get to our room, then was done with us. As we turned around to go up the stairs, I was thinking, "Wow, that's the fastest check-in I've ever had!" No explanation of anything, including the option to dine with them or the fact that there was a $15 credit for dining with our room. Nothing. Our departure the next day was about the same. The door was again closed and no one around, so we just dropped an envelope with our keys in it (one of which didn't even work!) into a metal box and we were gone. As if we'd never been. A very strange feeling.

Again, Sheridan House was a nice place in a nice location and well-maintained, and the room was beautiful and spacious. And the people we encountered in the bistro were all very friendly. Just was disappointed with the lack of personal touch with check-in/check-out and our poor dining experience. Honestly don't know if we would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank paperwrk
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I stayed in the hotel, the Rioja Spain Room, stayed two nights and ate breakfast lunch and dinner in the hotel, was amazing! the food was great service was great. This place is like a gem right on milwaukees south side near the lake. if you have never been here I highly reccomend it!

Room Tip: Lux rooms are def the way to go!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Stayed their this weekend. Beautiful rooms, Friday fish fry is excellent - one of the best in the city. Breakfast is very good. Excellent coffee selections, tea, and wine and homemade bakery items. This is a special place in a location walking distance to the lake that you would least expect it.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank bmw1233
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We stayed in the Tuscany "luxury" room for the two night getaway. The room is above the kitchen and below the kitchen fans. We could hear the roar of the fans from 6 am to 11 pm. The breakfast provided in the morning was a generous portion for ONE. A knob on the tub fell off and we couldn't turn the water off. My husband did track down someone who gave him some tools and he fixed it himself. A light bulb was burned out and we could not find anyone at night to replace it. We stayed at the Sheridan before but now find the little perks are disappearing. For instance, they use to provide coffee in the morning but now just provide a paper cup. The maid took away my cup and when we went for breakfast in the morning in the restaurant I asked the waitress to deduct the coffee but she said the cups were just for take out - no refills. They use to provide a little plastic bag so you could take home the soap - gone. One good thing the water was hot.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank erameram
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I stayed here a couple of times already and have had great experiences. This place is a find...the rooms are all very beautiful. I couldn't believe the size of the bathroom and the shower and tub! Awesome is the only word to use. Now the bed....if I could get one for home I would. Seldom remember a better night's sleep and I travel a lot. I even had one of those Bose alarm clocks that plays CDs. I have stayed in other parts of Milwaukee for more money and gotten far less value for my money.
The location is also great! you can walk out the door and run on the park that's on the lake. There is a golf course across the street. I golfed at another one less than a mile away and it was in another beautiful park! I think it was maybe 5 minutes to the airport and not even 15 to get to Downtown Milwaukee.
Let's talk food....I have only had breakfast there but it was delicious. They were very busy on one visit so I had to wait a bit But the coffee was so good...who cares? I'm not sure how often they were that busy but my waitress, who told me she was new, took such good care of me I was impressed. I talked to a woman sitting next to me who said the dinners were also delicious. Have to try to stay for dinner on my next visit.
If you haven't tried this place, change that and go!!

Room Tip: No elevator but there are rooms on the ground level in the beautiful patio area.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jack m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cudahy
Courtyard Milwaukee Airport
#39 of 56 in Milwaukee
Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown

Been to Sheridan House? Share your experiences!