“MUCH NEEDED WEEKEND WITHOUT THE KIDS!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sheridan House

Sheridan House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cudahy
“MUCH NEEDED WEEKEND WITHOUT THE KIDS!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

My wife and I stayed at Sheridan's this past weekend and WOW! Everything about our mini vacation was perfect. We found no reason to leave the hotel all weekend. The main hotel sits above a bistro....with a full bar. Great food, fantastic wine selection. All of the staff was outgoing and friendly. Our overall experience couldn't have been better. We will definitely be back. Hopefully soon!

• Stayed May 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

Let me tell you, I have stayed at Sheridan House several times now and every stay is better then the last. This little dimond in the rough is my go to place when i need a quite get away. You can just tell that this hotel is a labor of love for the owners. They have paid such attention to the details. I have never had suh a good nights sleep.The staff was wonderful! I cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: Definitely upgrage to the luxury room. They have the best two person message tubs!!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
East Troy, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

stayed at this hotel with several other couples attending a wedding. when we arrived our room had not been prepared. the owner knew we were all attending a wedding in Milwaukee and would need to check in, change clothes and get to the reception. We had to wait while a maid quickly cleaned. room was really dark, unwelcoming and pricey for the location.Food was okay, overpriced. next time we will stay downtown

Room Tip: find a brightly lit, sunny room, if you can. with windows!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Thereseb10
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

The first time we dined at Sheridan's we were fairly impressed. One year on, and looking forward to going back there - we were very, very disappointed. Not only was the food poor value for money and nothing special at all (it is expensive for what it is) - but the service and management are surly and incredibly blasé. Not a happy atmosphere at all - and if we had wanted that sort of reception or attitude whilst dining - we would have gone to France. On the one occasion we had to speak to the Owner, she was inflexible and really didn't care at all. It is such a pity as this could be such a good place - but they really need to up their game and not take their custom for granted. We will never go back there again as it was a rip off with attitude - and in the words of Sweet Brown - "ain't nobody got time for that'! Jackie - USA traveler

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank jackie f
Fitchburg, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

My wife and I stayed on Friday and Saturday nights to decompress after a weeklong conference. The room was attractive and clean, furnishings very nice. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom spacious wth a huge shower. Wonderful towels! The restaurant food was very good, and the bistro atmosphere was pleasant. Well worth a return visit..

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

My husband and I stayed 1-11 and 1-12 in 2014 and had a wonderful time the room was fantastic and the food downstairs very good. Bed was wonderfully comfortable, bedding and sheets first class, robes in bathroom, hot tub is self sanitizing and worked beautifully. All the amenities are upscale, loved little details. Very very clean. Not recommended for handicap unless maybe you do the courtyard rooms. We stayed in the Champagne room, had a little trouble with our room key but the 15 minutes I was locked out of the room they pampered me in the dining room downstairs so no complaints.
Don't miss the packages either we used this one I pasted below... while it lasts makes a great value! Get the crispy salmon from the menu I loved it. Oh and the parking is free in their private lot across the little street ( Pulaski? Ave.)to the side of the building. Take your bike, there is a great trail along the lake shore that goes for miles in either direction along the lake shore in either direction, runners paradise.

PACKAGE INCLUDES:
~ 2-Night Stay in an Exquisite guestroom only $199!
(Upgrade to Luxury +$50)
~ $30 Sheridan’s Dinner Voucher
~ $10 Sheridan’s Brunch Voucher
~ Two Free General Admissions to the Rosebud or Times Theater!

Use Promo Code "BACK2013" when you book your stay online or call 414.747.9810.

Must book and stay before March 23, 2013 when offer expires. Cannot be combined with any other offer, discount or special. Other restrictions may apply. Rates are based on double occupancy.

Room Tip: Corner room above dining room, quiet but some street noise from traffic.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank southernjenny
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

This is a great small boutique hotel and I was overly impressed by the accomodations and service I received on my visit. The rooms have different themes and are decorated to match the room theme. Everything seemed to be brand new or updated. The bed was extremely comfortable, we had a large electric fireplace in the room, and a Bose radio system. Overall, I can't say enough about how nice this little hotel was. I was going to stay at the Hilton in Milwaukee and I am very glad that I stayed at the Sheridan House instead. Also, with it being only about 15 minutes to get to downtown Milwaukee, it was very easy to get to all the sight seeing/attractions that the city has to offer.

Two thumbs up!

Room Tip: There is a main house that is attached to the restuarant which is on the second level. They do have...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nick G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cudahy
Walker's Point
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,794 reviews
Ambassador Hotel
#10 of 56 in Milwaukee
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,393 reviews

Been to Sheridan House? Share your experiences!