“Great Food, Great Prices and Great Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Whitewater, Wisconsin
“Great Food, Great Prices and Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

Once again had another outstanding meal at Samano's. They just finished an exterior remodel and the new space is looking great! Committed to trying new food this time and was not let down. The grilled steak burrito was well done, but the winner was the Chorizo Tacos. These were absolutely fantastic and will now be included in my regular order! I highly recommend this family run Mexican restaurant!

• Visited May 2012

South Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

Filthy. Go in the day and see. Dirty menus.
Waitress said they TRY to clean them daily. No way.
Food is not even ok.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dan S
Virginia
“Maggies made with 7-up”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I couldn't believe it when I ordered a margarita and the bartender made it with 7-up and tequilla. I complained, but he said that's the way they make them there. And it's not like they're cheap. Otherwise their guac is OK, but the fried appetizers seem to be like bulk frozen foods.

Visited July 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“One Word "Horrible"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2010

Locals seem to think this place has the best authentic Mexican food. Those locals must be brain-dead. WE have lived near Cudahy for 10 years. We tried Samanos on Kinnickinnic and could not leave fast enough. Truly the most blah tasteless small portion and expensive food we have had in many years. Absolutely no idea why anyone would recommend this dirty little beer hole. The restaurant seems to be a converted duplex. From the 1950s plastic plates and cups to wait staff that can not spell "customer service" avoid this place. We left and went to a local fast food place so we could get something worth eating. As we left our surly barmaid waitress shouted "Nice tip a-hole" as we walked out the door. We left $0 because the service and food was worth the same.

Want truly great authentic Mexican food - head west down Layton Blvd (street just south of Samanos) for about 5 miles to El Fuego on the left. Worth ever penny and service 2nd to none. My high school lunch was better than Samanos!! I swear my chicken tacos tasted more like cardboard box tacos.

1 Thank CarnivalSux
Kiel, Wisconsin
“It all tasted the same”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2010

The locals rave about this place...I tried it three times and tried something different each time thinking perhaps I just wasn't getting the right item.... BUT nope it all tasted teh same. Whether it was beef or chicken...enchilada or chimichanga...didn't matter...

And no it wasn't the cleanest place to go! I went to the restroom washed my hands and wanted to turn right back around and wash them again. Door knobs were chunky...foors not swept...adn this was right at opening time for lunch.

• 2 of 5 bubbles