“Was it worth the wait?”

Dining options: Reservations
Barboursville, West Virginia
“Was it worth the wait?”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

First time customer with all five kids and spouses. Called ahead for seating and was not a problem when we arrived around 6:15 Thursday.Interior presence was not the best. Old circular bar with mostly an elderly crowd with seperate dining area. The dining area looked like an old converted house with old tables and chairs. Seemed very busy on a Thursday probably due to the Prime Rib special we were informed about,which I ended up ordering. Overall the food was decent and portions on the salad and soup a bit small.Was told by the girls that the mixed drinks we good. Prime Rib was pretty good and that did surprise me. Service was on the very slow side and the entire service took us into the 2 hour range. If I every return I will know to tell the wait staff we have an hour.

• Visited February 2012

Franksville, WI
“Always a Favorite!!”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

If you like old school supper clubs, this is the place for you. Their prime rib is awesome and the value can't be beat. The seafood combo is my husband's favorite. You always get soup and salad with your dinner. A stop in the bar is a must. Flo makes the very best martinis anywhere!!

The only thing that keeps me from rating this as Excellent is the lack of a great wine list.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank DebRFranksville_WI
Muskego, Wisconsin
“Fine Dining”
Reviewed 1 September 2011

My husband and I celebrated our 36th anniversary and were looking for a nice restaurant with good food and service. South Woods hit a home run on both !! The food was excellent and plentiful and our server "Liz" was attentive and helpful. We were surprised to receive an anniversary cake to top off a perfect evening. Would highly recommend and we will be going back often.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Salnjer
accrosstheland
“Good food older local type furnishings nice girl waited on me”
Reviewed 4 November 2010

Veal Parm was one of the Thursday specials. Wow very good one of best I have had.
Bread typical, salid nothing specal werid dressings (worst rap on this place)
Kind of outdated furnishings but very fair prices. Weak wine list.
I will go back

1 Thank rockboyontheroad
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Food is good but allows...”
Reviewed 28 May 2009

Food is good but allows smoking in dinning area

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook