“Excellent”

The Tower House
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: This historic property was originally built in the late 19th century and converted to a restaurant in 1952. Newly remodeled in 2014, The Tower House today is a beautifully restored version of a Cumberland tradition.
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped by the Tower House after visiting a friend in Cumberland. The renovations are very beautiful. We ordered the Shimp Flatbread as an appetizer and it was AMAZING. My friend ordered the applewood smoked filet...the best steak in the area. I ordered the Tuscan Chicken with Parmesan Pasta...so dee-lish. We topped it all off with the Salted Caramel Cheesecake...the perfect ending to a perfect meal. While the outdoor renovations are still in progress, the indoor atmosphere was a breath of classically done fresh air. Well done Tower House...well done.

1  Thank kim m
Lancburm, Owner at The Tower House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Hi kim m.

We are happy you enjoyed your dinner at Tower House. We are working hard to ensure that all of our guests have the best experience possible. Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor. Take care.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were heading home from the cabin and looking for a place to stop for lunch. We struck out at our first stop so we decided to try the newly renovated Tower House. We've eaten here a handful of times before and have always been pleased with the food and the setting (an old mansion) is utterly charming.

Turns out hubby knew they'd been working on remodeling the Tower House and he wanted to take a look. Whoever did the job has done fantastic work. It is beautiful inside but still retains the charm it had before. I'm a visual person; surroundings matter to me and I loved it.

Our waitress was a young girl who took good care of us. Unfortunately she had not tried the dish my husband was interested in and couldn't give him much information about it. He ordered it anyway, the lunch chicken entree and I had the cheese and raisin ravioli with sausage. Both entrees were delicious. I planned to get a box to bring my leftovers home and guess what? There were no leftovers! It was just that good.

Lucky us, the Tower House is right on our way up to the cabin so we will be back. Two thumbs up from hubby and I!

2  Thank Jodie B
Lancburm, Owner at The Tower House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Hi Jodie B.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. We apologize that your server had not yet tried the dish you ordered. We are all still working our way through the new menu! We're glad you enjoyed your dinner and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Best regards,

Abby, Julie and Lance

Reviewed 23 May 2014

First of all, the renovations to this historic building are absolutely beautiful! I loved the restoration of the original woodwork and the lighting selections as well as the pictures of the original owners and the special booth named after them. I was also very happy with the food I had and I can't wait to try more of their menu items. I'm not from that area but I understand that there are several items on the menu that the original Tower House was famous for. I think the new owners of this charming place have made all the right decisions in their renovation and in their menu choices. They, and the town of Cumberland really have something to be proud of!

I was one of the first visitors and it was obvious that many of their servers had no experience and it was probably their first job but I wouldn't let that stop you from visiting. I understand that they have a very experienced manager and I'm sure this will quickly improve to equal the quality of the atomsphere and the food. Also, I can't wait to go back and see the completed outdoor patio area that they are currently working on. So even though that part of the restaurant wasn't completed yet, I've indicated below that it is available because it will be very soon. I wish I lived closer so I could visit more often.

1  Thank Terri M
Lancburm, Owner at The Tower House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Hi Terri M.

Thank you for visiting the Tower House. We look forward to serving you again when you are in the area.

Best regards,