“Okay for price paid.”
Review of Island Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cumberland
Island Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cumberland
Comber, ON
“Okay for price paid.”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed a couple of nights. Was a budget stay. Got exactly what I paid for. Someone should run the vacuum along the walls in the room. Did not have breakfast as I am a early riser and was long on the road. Would stay again unless I find something in the nearby area at the same cost then I would be inclined to try it out first. Like I said, okay for price.

• Stayed June 2014

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Saint Joseph, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Perfect small motel with excellent service Quiet, peaceful, restful in a perfect location. Very clean small rooms with comfortable beds. The continental breakfast made for a perfect start to both days my daughter and I were there. Thank you Mark and Melody for being the perfect hosts on a couple of very stressful days.

Room Tip: Any room is good as far as I could tell.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I booked a room at the Island Inn online with fingers crossed. I was not only bringing my family up to Cumberland, I was also bringing my mom and stepdad along to give them a little vacation. While we stayed at in-laws cabin at the lake close by, I booked this hotel for my parents. I could tell that it was the closest in proximity to our campsite and appeared to be clean from the pictures on the website. As we drove into town I noticed some of the other motels and started to get really nervous about my choice. My mom (like every mom) can be pretty critical so I was prepared for the worst, but much to my relief, Island Inn was just as clean as they had advertised and the owner was super friendly. My parents were absolutely delighted with their stay and had nothing but nice things to say about the inn. I was pleased that I had made a good choice and it didn't hurt my wallet too much. I would highly recommend this place to anyone traveling to Cumberland.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Tomiko E
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 10 August 2013

A small motel in Cumberland run by a very friendly family who care about their customers. The room were basic but very clean and a good value. We were allowed to checkin as soon as the rooms were ready as we were in a hurry to get ready for a wedding. Definitely the place to stay in Cumberland!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Minnesota
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Fantastic service. The owner was there to greet us and even allowed us to check in early. It is an older small town Motel but The room was clean and motel was very quiet. Everything needed to make for a great stay. Great place to stay when in Cumberland and after seeing the reviews of the other Motel in town why even consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Briand1163
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Not only are the rates AWESOME, but so are the local owners/operators! Friendly, welcoming, and genuine people willing to accommodate their guests. Would DEFINITELY stay here again and recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: All rooms are now equipped with a fridge and microwave...:)
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank dumbyell
Blaine, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We stayed on a recommendation from a friend. Quaint and nice most definately describe this little roadside motel. A couple cleanliness notes however. The little fridge in the room wasn't cleaned and the previous vacationers styrofoam container with leftovers were not disposed of. It didn't stink, but we just left it there and didn't peek inside. Also, the bathrrom curtain had visible mold on it. The breakfast selection was fantastic though. Donuts, English Muffins, Bagels, many varieties of cold cereals, Coffee, Hot chocolate, OJ and Milk as well as a fruit basket with fresh looking fruit. Beds were clean and comfortable. Place was extremely quiet! Despite the couple little complaints mentioned above, I've been in a lot worse places and I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Mike T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cumberland
Cumberland Inn & Suites
Cobblestone Inn & Suites Barron
AmeriVu Inn & Suites
AmeriVu Inn & Suites
#6 of 8 in Rice Lake

Been to Island Inn? Share your experiences!